South East Scoobies  

Go Back   South East Scoobies > The Garage > Wheels,Tyres & Brakes

Old 29-04-2016, 08:45 PM
Bronze Member

Default Do I have EJ20G or EJ205 Front 4 Pot Callipers?

Need to order some new disk and pads for my Classic, but its proving complicated....

I have upgraded 4 pots callipers on the front of my MY94, but don't know if they are from a EJ20G (JDM WRX/STi pre '96) or EJ205 (UK Turbo).

Typically, I cant find a receipt for the last time I replaced the pads and disks to check what I got, so no help there...

Anyone know if there is an easy way of confirming which I have? EuroCarParts have a 25% discount for the Bank Holiday weekend, so wanted to take advantage of the offer.

They are black callipers BTW.

Any help gratefully received
Old 29-04-2016, 08:51 PM
Admin, Meets/Events Organiser

Do they look like this?

Old 29-04-2016, 09:00 PM
Platinum Member

I always thought they were all the same, pretty sure godspeed only list one disc and pad combo for the 4 pots
Old 29-04-2016, 09:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Baron View Post
I always thought they were all the same, pretty sure godspeed only list one disc and pad combo for the 4 pots
That's my understanding too, I just put the pic in to make sure they were the type on the car.

If so, they're 294mm discs. Loads of options out there.
Old 29-04-2016, 09:23 PM
Bronze Member

Thanks for the info.
Disks aren't too much of a problem - 294mm required, but the pads are - have 2 options depending if they are EJ205 (Sumitomo) or EJ20G (Akebono) brake systems....
Supplier not any help as they asked for chassis codes.....
Hopefully have attached a photo of the caliper - not done by direct upload before, so not sure if it works..
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (108.7 KB, 8 views)
Old 29-04-2016, 09:30 PM
Platinum Member

Pretty sure the 4 pots are Sumitimo, they're actually the same caliper as used on the Nissan 200sx, except they obviously have Nissan written on them.
Old 29-04-2016, 10:19 PM

They look like the standard Subaru 4 pots from any newage wrx (and some classics).

You won't go wrong with EJ205.
Old 29-04-2016, 10:27 PM
Bronze Member

Thanks to you both for the further feedback.
EJ205 were the pads in the basket, but just had doubts due to their restocking policy....
Better get the credit card out...