South East Scoobies  

Go Back   South East Scoobies > The Garage > Chassis Tuning

Chassis Tuning It's All About The Twisties

Old 30-01-2011, 11:05 PM
Bronze Member

Default JS Engineering visit

Have been in contact with Jimmy about getting my geo set up done. After my recent visit to JRM was a bit of a wash out to say the least in more ways than one.

Was due to see Jimmy last month but due to my wedding plans and work was unable to do so.

Since the recent bad weather and my "epic fail" in the Ice clipping the n/s rear and front into the kerbs. OWNED. After this the cars handling has been in short a nightmare just in a straight line let alone round corners.

Over the last week have been in contact with Jimmy about getting myself over to him and get the GEO sorted. I spoke with Jimmy late Saturday night and we agreed for me to pop over to him on Sunday.

After another epic fail of mine on route to Jimmy I got there an hour late,yet he was still welcoming.

After a bit of a chat Jimmy was keen to get on with the job in hand.
This bolt for the toe in/out that another Tunning Company told me was seized and was unable to be moved........Jimmy did it without any effort. During this stage after my epic kerbing in the winter I have noticed a odd knocking/stress noise coming from the n/s rear. Jimmy kindly removed all bolts and heads and re-greased them including removing the rear shock.
As the caliper was exposed it sprung to my mind that I had my new set of EBC NDX Bluestuff in the boot. A lttle wink of the eye and cheeky word in Jimmys ear to see if we could fit them whilst the wheel was off and he agreed. None of this extra rate charging business etc........nothing Jimmy simply agreed and said "Yeah why not".

After fitting EBC NDX Bluestuff all round Jimmy got on with the set up.

My last full set up was done at Powerstation over 2.5 years ago. And the recent geo setting at a company in "East Sussex" was "set up as best as we can" Jimmy noticed something that I have never noticed before that my rear suspension was a hell of a lot lower than the front. I knew that my car was running 30mm front drop and 50mm drop at the rear but was I mean is I didn't notice until now how out of place and would later learn how poor that set up makes the car feel.

Jimmy simply wound out the springs at the rear allowing it to raise the rear and even though it is noticeable to the eye (if you have seen my car) it looks bit and in proportion to the car now.

Test drive time............I noticed just with the spring loads changed and the dampers adjusted via the coil over adjustments the car felt more planted and happier.

I was giving it some to get feedback out of the car but I wasn't doing it to Jimmy's requirement..........queue The Stig.......I mean Jimmy of JS Engineering. Holy sweet lord. THe lad had never driven my car before yet dialled himself in far better than I have since the ownership of the car. The bastard!!! lol

We pulled over and Jimmy made some adjustments via the top mount coil over dial. Got back in and was back in Stig mode and said that feels better. So in I jump and sure as hell was EVEN BETTER.

Let just say that I felt like JESUS on the drive home. lol

So in short........Jimmy of JS Engineering is a genius. He has so much knowledge,explains things in depth that even I understand and is full of passion that I bet with one trip to this very talented young man you will be back for more.

So much so I will be getting a few extras done by Jimmy in the next month or so.

Many Thanks again Jimmy. Your a gent and star. Wicked work. See you soon.

Steve
Old 31-01-2011, 01:57 AM
Nige

He is very good & a top man. Well done Jimmy mine still feels very planted. Well it was the last time i drove it.
Old 31-01-2011, 12:34 PM
Platinum Member

Best bit is jimmy explains it in a way we can understand
Old 31-01-2011, 12:38 PM
Regular User

I use JS engineering for my cars. Jimmy gives a 5 star service. He is the first choice and the only choice.
Old 31-01-2011, 08:29 PM
Gold Member

Good to hear you got it sorted