South East Scoobies  

Go Back   South East Scoobies > The Garage > General Mechanics

Old 07-09-2008, 09:52 PM
Regular User

Default wet weather

wet weather is back and so is my missfire . I have heat wraped headers and they seem to get very wet when the car is stood over night , so when they heat up after about 2 mins of setting of, lots of steam and lots of missfiring . would this lead you to think that there is a problem with the coil packs ( driver side front looks to be getting the worst of it ) as there seems to be no damage to any of them . once up to full temp no probs at all .
Old 07-09-2008, 11:57 PM
Regular User

Default Re: wet weather

Must be getting damp. But i am no expert. I'll let them get all technical.
Old 08-09-2008, 09:42 PM
Regular User

Yes condensation from the steam is covering them . Thought they should be able to put up with a bit of damp though . Tried good old WD40 but no good wondered if there is any other sprays that might help ?
Old 09-09-2008, 12:26 PM
Crowman

Must be something specific to your coil pack bro.
Mine has same headers and also looks like a boiling kettle when its been wet,but i do not suffer from missfire etc.
Old 09-09-2008, 01:13 PM
Admin, Meets/Events Organiser.... formerly known as SilverSurfer

RobEvo5 has a 2nd hand set. the ends are wrapped with tape under the rubber boot as they are cracked slighlty. But they were working OK last time we used them and we were running 1.1bar through it.
Old 26-09-2008, 01:34 AM
Bronze Member

sounds like you need to get yourself a new set of coil packs mate dont mess around with 2nd hand or just fitting one replace them all before winter sets in
Old 29-09-2008, 02:26 PM
Crowman

He had 4 brand new coil packs about a year ago!
Maybe a dodgy one
Old 30-09-2008, 09:33 PM
Regular User

had the coil packs of a week or so ago and can see nothing to make me think they have anything wrong like track marks or cracks etc.