South East Scoobies  

Go Back   South East Scoobies > The Showroom > Show 'N' Shine

Show 'N' Shine Cleaning / Detailing Talk

Old 02-05-2010, 04:42 PM
Regular User

Cool Hampshire Vehicle Detailing - Subaru Impreza WRX (Bandit's)

Yes it another Subaru Impreza WRX (Graham, AKA Bandit), this was booked in for a minor correction detail and to remove the wheels and clean the arches and fully clean/seal the wheels.
The car on arrival wasn't to dirty just some road grime from the journey down, so first job was to get the wheels off and clean the arches.
The arches were cleaned using some strong g101 and also BH surfex and also some AG tar remover and a selecion of cloths and brushes, then rinsed and plastics dressed with AG plastic conditioner.
Before:

After:

I did each corner at a time, the wheels were cleaned using Espuma evolution and a selection of brushes, then rinsed/dryed and then some Zaino AIO followed by 2x coats of poorboys wheel sealant, tyres dressed using CG new look trim gel

Once all the wheels/arches were cleaned I set about cleaning the body, firstly a quick PW rinse to remove any excess dirt, then a snow foam soak which was left to dwell for 5 ins before being rinsed, then washed using 2bm and then clayed.
Before:

After:

The car was then re-washed and dried ready for taping up and paint measurements.

All taped up and PTG readings taken, I knew the car had been painted all down the offside and bootlid, the readings were all very healthy so on with the inspection of the paintwork.

On with the machining, over the decals I used the G220 and a lc polishing pad and some 3m extrafine followed by megs 205 on a finishing pad, the other parts with no decals I hit with the makita and same combos.
Before:

After:

Before:

After:

50/50's

Once all the polishing was completed, the car was then re-foamed to remove the polish dust and then pat dried using a uber drying towel and some last touch.
The car was then lp panel at a time then buffed leaving the paintwork squeeky clean literally, this was then followed by 2x coats on vic concours over 24hrs, the glass was cleaned using AG fast glass, the plastcis were dressed using ag bumper care, the tyres dressed finally with cg new look trim gel, exhaust polished using autosol.
Sorry no outside shots as was tipping it down when the owner collected today, I love seeing the customers face when they walk into the unit and see the car
Finished results:

Total time was 23hrs
Thanks to Graham the owner, hope your happy with the results.
Paul

Tags
hampshire detailing, hampshirevehicledetailing, impreza detailer, subaru detailing, surrey detailing