South East Scoobies  

Go Back   South East Scoobies > The Showroom > Members Car Profiles

Members Car Profiles Show & Tell Your Pride & Joy

Old 05-09-2009, 10:52 PM
Platinum Member

Smile My Scooby

Well ive been on here a while now and havent really posted up anything bout my car apart from a few pics in the new members bit so i thought it was about time i did lol,

i decided to go back to a scoob basically because i was getting annoyed at myself with not being able to drive the rex out of fear of it blowing a waterseal or popping a tip, so in the end even though it was nice to look at i wanted a car i could actually drive

here she is when i picked her up

after just being happy driving again i decided to get a couple of bits
first up was replacing the tatty gearknob, on went a nice new one from cheam subaru

then set about de restricting her so on went the induction kit and was just waiting for the exhaust to come

i ordered a set of sti strut braces front and rear, theve been fitted but havent got any pics

managed to get the dv i wanted from jap performance, but im slowly going off it, ive been told it can be adjusted but still trying to find out how

still waiting for the exhaust so i got a set of sti lights and took the badges off, i did like the "subaru" badge but it was all scratched and parts were faded

before

after

then i swapped the wheels, the gold ones looked ok but i wanted a set of darker ones

before

after

finally the exhaust turned up so on it went

next i got some bits for the front so they were test fitted to make sure they were ok then got them ready for spraying

Finally got them sprayed and on, the colour match is abit out but im happy with it for the time being

next was the lights, got rid of the orange indicators and got some clear ones, and with a massive thanks to chunk, got a set of black crystal front lamps

before

after

then bought a set of 22b vents so got them sprayed and on, hers how she looks now

thats it so far as for future plans ive allready got a set of cusco antiroll bars in the garage ready to go on and got to do some other bits like tints, colour code the side skirts and spats then get a bigger spoiler. After that ill be looking to get some more power but that can wait for a little bit but the next major thing or things will be a new ecu and possibly a new turbo
Old 06-09-2009, 08:02 PM
Platinum Member

Looking much better than you started....well done!
Old 06-09-2009, 11:24 PM
Bronze Member

nice transformation mate
daz
Old 07-09-2009, 12:02 AM
Silver Member

Nice to meet you at Japbash and a very nice Impreza.Got to ask where you got the headlights from the more i see them the nicer they look.
Old 20-10-2009, 12:44 PM
Platinum Member

Thought its time for a long over due update so here goes

a few pics of of the front and rear strut braces

front

Rear

The front was easy to fit just a case of six bolts but the rear one was a bit of a pig to do

Then the cusco anti roll bars were put on by faney

Then the de-tangoing was fully finished thanks to chunk
Old 20-10-2009, 01:01 PM
Platinum Member

Now for the more recent goodies

i fitted my hks dumpvalve but after a while it was getting on my nerves it was just too loud and going off too early, it was also leaking boost, so i traded it for a blitz one and that was worse, i virtually had no boost and it wanted to stall everytime i let off, so i bit the bullet and bought a new forge one

Feels and sounds alot better but im thinking i need to get a stiffer spring as boost seems to drop off after a while

Next up is some chrome goodies

And over the weekend i fitted my oil catch tank space was a little tight but it only took around half hour to do

Next i fitted an earth kit havent noticed much differance but it looks good

Also found ive got a boost leak from the intercooler pipe so got a nice replacement of ebay still got to fit it but hopefully ill get round to doing it during the week

At japbash i picked up a sticker for the boot thanks to mr worzel

And thats about it really.................................just got to fit my last goodie

Also got some more bits on the way, picked a fight with ebay and the credit card came off abit worse so hopefully the last bits will turn up soon
Old 20-10-2009, 02:04 PM
MrX???

Earth kit looks interesting, a little different to the norm?
Old 20-10-2009, 04:16 PM
Platinum Member

Cars looking very nice buddy, excellent choice of mods
Old 20-10-2009, 09:00 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrX??? View Post
Earth kit looks interesting, a little different to the norm?
yeah i thought that, mainly because its got a posative feed to it too i might change it after christmas but its just trying to find a blue one
Old 20-10-2009, 09:06 PM
Platinum Member

Not sure if ive allready posted this but im still toying with the idea, its a bit of a marmite thing you either like it or you dont, im still undecided, i tried it for about an hour but then i put it back on, just not sure

Spoiler

Spoilerless
Old 20-10-2009, 09:35 PM
Bronze Member

Andy, what jetting and are you looking at progressive controller for Nos, got a couple of books if you want a read.
Have a Wizard of Nos system sitting in the shed, also know a guy running 2x10lb bottles with 400bhp boost. Blows both bottles in a day.
Old 21-10-2009, 09:00 AM
SES Mercedes Division

Nice one Andy. I've not got round to taking pics of the same mod we have both done...

our.....

DRIFT CHARMS!!!!!!
Old 21-10-2009, 05:02 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammi Sambar View Post
Andy, what jetting and are you looking at progressive controller for Nos, got a couple of books if you want a read.
Have a Wizard of Nos system sitting in the shed, also know a guy running 2x10lb bottles with 400bhp boost. Blows both bottles in a day.
well got a bit of a confession to make lol, its not gonna be nitrous for the engine, at the moment its gonna be for a purge kit and maby for the intercooler, (not to everyones taste but i like it) but after ive had a few things checked out that could all change , theres just a few things confusing at the moment but once ive found them out we'll see,

But the shop i got the parts from is absolutly superb, they were really friendly on the phone and actually sounded like they wanted to help, postage time was excellent too
Old 22-10-2009, 02:03 PM
Platinum Member

Heres a pic of the drift charm i know its not really a drift car yet still on the look out for a dccd but havent had any luck as such yet, one came up for £500 and that included everything including the wireing but at the time i didnt have the £££ so still looking, its deffinatly on the cards for next year coz i really miss going side ways

Old 22-10-2009, 04:34 PM
SES Mercedes Division

Gotta love the charms

As for side ways, wait til winter kicks in
Old 22-10-2009, 06:48 PM
Silver Member

Stupid question but what is a dccd? Does it allow you to distribute power to front or rear wheels etc?
Old 22-10-2009, 10:02 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greig View Post
Stupid question but what is a dccd? Does it allow you to distribute power to front or rear wheels etc?
In a word...yes.
Old 24-10-2009, 04:45 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greig View Post
it does indeed mate

Last edited by AndyWRX; 15-12-2009 at 04:08 PM.
Old 20-12-2009, 12:38 PM
Platinum Member

shes now sold