South East Scoobies  

Go Back   South East Scoobies > The Garage > Chassis Tuning

Chassis Tuning It's All About The Twisties

Old 09-02-2011, 09:02 AM
Silver Member

Default Setting for Tein Coilovers

My new wagon has a set of Tein Coilovers.
The manufacturers web site says that from the factory, the dampening adjustor is set to 16 by default and it would appear that they are on 16 still right now.

On the way to work, I was driving a little nippy, but not fast, engine wasnt goin over 3500rpm, and the back end stepped out of line on a roundabout, so i need to adjust them.

As a starting point, anyone on here got tein coilovers and if so, whats your damper setting ?
Old 09-02-2011, 09:30 AM
Platinum Member

Sounds like dccd more than the teins
Old 09-02-2011, 09:40 AM
Nige

As above + tyres road condition's [been a bit wet lately] roundabouts tend to have diesel spilt on them the list is endless. I use Teins & rate them for road & track
Just adjust to what works for you.
Old 09-02-2011, 09:43 AM
Silver Member

well, it has a DCCD box and theres a fuse box or something under the bonnet which says "DCCD Diff Lock".
It dont have the DCCD controller/ECU fitted so I assume its wired permanent locked centre diff. anything I can do to sort the rear end? and when cash allows and i get an aftermarket DCCD controller, will that make things better or is this something that will happen anyways with a DCCD box?

Also, in that situation, will the DCCD bring the back end back in line if i hold the gas?

If not, i think i'll swap the DCCD box and diff out with my old saloon one cuz i prefer slight understeer to oversteer.
Old 09-02-2011, 09:43 AM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nige View Post
. . .Just adjust to what works for you.
I will. I just wanted to know what others have theirs set at so i can use that as a starting point and adjust from there
Old 09-02-2011, 12:32 PM
Platinum Member

With no controller the dccd its set more at the back wheels... My Teins are set on the hardest without any problems
Old 09-02-2011, 12:59 PM
Silver Member

that explains it then.
i'll just have to take it easy for a few months till I can afford a controller
Old 09-02-2011, 04:11 PM
Authorised Trader

how does it have DCCD and no controller???

ASPerformance 0191-4103770
PELTOR, PFC BRAKES, PAGID MOTUL, FERODO, SPEEDLINE, TRS, MINTEX, PIAA, HELLA, TEIN, WHITELINE, SUPER-PRO, MILLERS OILS
online shop!!
Old 09-02-2011, 06:47 PM
Silver Member

DCCD Gearbox fitted and some unknown wiring done to make it work.
I'll get the gearbox code 2moro.
Ive just been made redundant at work, so ive spare time to fiddle with the car in between interviews now
Old 10-02-2011, 09:19 AM
Bronze Member

a dccd gearbox without controller defaults to 35 front 65rear automaticly and the only way to change that is to fit a controller
Old 10-02-2011, 09:54 AM
Authorised Trader

i have a fairly cost effective soloution for a controller (1x left out of a few i sourced for customers)

drop me a line if required, alyn
0191-4103770

ASPerformance 0191-4103770
PELTOR, PFC BRAKES, PAGID MOTUL, FERODO, SPEEDLINE, TRS, MINTEX, PIAA, HELLA, TEIN, WHITELINE, SUPER-PRO, MILLERS OILS
online shop!!
Old 10-02-2011, 12:05 PM
Silver Member

cheers alyn, and I would call you about it but I got made redundant yesterday so i have to hold on 2 the pennies at the moment and cant spend anything on the car at all.
I got the first of a 2-stage interview on the 17th so if that comes off, i'll be in a position to call you and discuss what you have to offer