South East Scoobies  

Go Back   South East Scoobies > The Studio > Meet / Event Pics & Vids

Meet / Event Pics & Vids Post all your meet / event pictures here.

Old 01-04-2011, 06:14 PM
Gold Member

Default British Rallycross 2011 - Round 1

Didn't take as many pictures as I normally do at these sorts of things as I was having a lazy camera day (read hangover! ), but I thought I'd post up what I took for those of you who couldn't make it:

Finally, have you ever wondered what a 550 BHP Citroen C4 would look like if you hit an irrigation ditch? Yeah, me too, thankfully I can now provide you with the answer:

If you're going to have a crash, then do it properly...

Old 01-04-2011, 06:46 PM
Regular User

Great pics sadly i had to miss this race meet hoping to get along to the next one though good to see that volvo is back from belgium see him race that last year as was very impressed by it
Old 01-04-2011, 07:02 PM
Admin, Meets/Events Organiser

saw the footage of Liam Doran rolling it when it was being shown on Motors TV the other night. was always going to go wrong that one....

cracking pics though
Old 01-04-2011, 08:59 PM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_PPP View Post
saw the footage of Liam Doran rolling it when it was being shown on Motors TV the other night. was always going to go wrong that one....
The worse thing is his Uncle had done almost exactly the same thing in a Suzuki Swift about 20 minutes earlier! Pity to see his weekend end that was as he'd been flying up until that point, hopefully they will have the spare car nailed together in time for the ERC next month.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_PPP View Post
cracking pics though
Cheers mate. Definately a longer lens so I can cover some of the other corners though!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leewr416
Great pics sadly i had to miss this race meet hoping to get along to the next one though good to see that volvo is back from belgium see him race that last year as was very impressed by it
Cheers! Next rallycross event at Lydden in the ERC next month - should be a cracker!
Old 01-04-2011, 09:44 PM
Bronze Member

Great photos

Recorded the MotorsTV live broadcast on Sunday and it took me back to my youth watching it on Saturday TV.... – especially with the Volvo 240’s on track

With the international contingent, it looked like a very busy day.

Gutted for Liam Doran, as he was only there to shake down the car ahead of the European season
Old 01-04-2011, 10:10 PM
Silver Member

Great pics, thankfully he did not roll it on the scooby
Old 02-04-2011, 09:40 AM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by urabusMY94 View Post
Great photos

Recorded the MotorsTV live broadcast on Sunday and it took me back to my youth watching it on Saturday TV.... – especially with the Volvo 240’s on track

With the international contingent, it looked like a very busy day.
I thought they were stretching it out a bit just having just the third set of heats and finals on the Sunday, but between the Belgium Championships and all the new classes in the British Championship there was a lot of racing to fit in.

I watched the live coverage last night, good to see one or two overtakes that I missed on the day. I'm on the TV coverage for about 10 seconds surveying the Doran crash scene through my camera!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIDLIFE
Great pics, thankfully he did not roll it on the scooby
It was the first time in ages that I've seen a rallycross Scoob survive the whole day!
Old 02-04-2011, 12:09 PM
Platinum Member

Some really good pics there mate