South East Scoobies  

Go Back   South East Scoobies > Events & Meets > Other Events

Other Events Other Regional Events, National Events, Track Days, Tunnel Runs Etc Etc

Old 30-08-2010, 05:26 PM
Silver Member

Default Missbanzai charity tunnelrun

Back for the second time in 2010, we present another London Tunnel Run, hosted by MissBanzai.com inviting all Japanese car owners!

*** Note this is for Japanese cars only -no exceptions.. non Jap cars will be refused entry ***

The run will kick off at Essex Arena (RM19 1AE) on Saturday 16th October from 9.30pm. Maps will be handed out on arrival to those who have pre-paid through the Just Giving site. There will be no entry to the site after 10.30pm.

Please register your attendance by visting http://www.justgiving.com/TunnelRunMissBanzai and donating your £5.00 entry fee. (Please put user name & club in the comments). Donations made via the Just Giving site will go direct to the nominated charity, The London Air Ambulance. This is MissBanzai's 5th tunnel run and we decided that having used and abused London's roads on so many occasions with no incidents we would pick this charity, as many drivers in London and the M25 area are not as lucky as we have been and The Air Ambulance is normally called for road traffic accidents. So we felt this would be a very worthwhile charity to raise money for on this occasion.

In comments please put your club name & forum user name - nothing else! (this list will be used to hand out the route maps of the run on the night -there *may* be a limited number of maps on the night BUT this is NOT guaranteed).

-Please arrive at the arena no earlier than 9.30pm. PLEASE NOTE you should use the go kart track entrance to the arena.
There will be a £1 per person cash charge entry fee on the gate to cover the arena hire costs.

-Payments for maps can only be taken up to 13:00 on 16th October on the Just Giving site. PLEASE DO NOT REGISTER AFTER THIS TIME or you will not be included on the list of maps for us to allocate on the night! If you do not pay you are not guaranteed a map.

-Entry is £5 for a map (prepay on Just Giving) and £1 per person in cash on the gate to the arena on the night to cover the arena costs.

-This event is for Japanese cars only.. nothing else! There will be marshalls on the gate.

-Please remember to drive responsibly -anyone not doing so will be asked to leave the site.

-You will need to bring sat nav / London A-Z for when you get lost. A passenger / map reader is also essential!

Sky Insurance will be awarding a prize on the night for the best turned out car of the evening. The prizes could be awarded to any Jap cars from Civics to Skylines... so get polishing!!! Prize to be confirmed
We will also have a few other sponsors who will be awarding prizes on the night.

Hope to see some of you there! Any questions, please drop a mail to missbanzai@googlemail.com or post your questions here! We had approx 300 cars from various different Jap car clubs along last time, and have raised over £4,524 online for various charities to date, so make sure you come along and be part of it this and help raise some cash for a very worthy cause!!
Old 13-09-2010, 09:09 AM
Silver Member

c,mon peeps get your names over on the just giving site,this will once again be HUGE as our tunnel runs allways are!
lots of magazine coverage,best car of the night etc.
join us for a great night
Old 19-09-2010, 09:55 PM
Silver Member

ok i give up!
i guess london is too far for you sussexites lol
Old 19-09-2010, 10:16 PM
Admin, Meets/Events Organiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by simonairheadz View Post
ok i give up!
i guess london is too far for you sussexites lol

not too far mate - but we're already thinking about sorting a tunnel run of our own.

We've also got a meet on the 16th October already too.... i'd like to do one of the big tunnel runs at some point, we'd just need to get a decent group together to make it more fun
Old 10-10-2010, 03:47 PM
Silver Member

as mentioned,this is where the money we raise goes TO SAVE THE LIVES OF PEOPLE LIKE US!
missbanzai staff spending a morning at the royal london hospital helicptor squad(who will be with us on the night,plus he essex interceptors)if there ever was a worthy charity this is it!great bunch of people who told us"your fundraising really does help save lives"
which if we ever needed a reason to put all this work into our event....was the best reson in the world!!!

PLEASE EVEN IN YOU CANNOT SUPPORT US IN PERSON,SUPPORT US IN SPIRIT!
DONATE ON OUR JUSTGIVING SITE,YOU NEVER KNOW WHEN YOUR MONEY COULD HELP SOMEONE YOU LOVE AND CARE ABOUT!

thanks once again simon astill MISSBANZAI

MY SON GETS THE RIDE OF HIS LIFE

Old 14-10-2010, 01:25 PM
Silver Member

£1200 today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
we have 240 cars confirmed!!!this will probably double during the next 3 days as thats what normally happens,we expect to raise at least £3000+ on this event
each time the helicopter goes out to save a life it costs £3000 so please help us to save a life,and enjoy the biggest ever japanese only tunnel run event of the year!
Old 17-10-2010, 11:12 AM
Silver Member

well last night will definatley go down in jap car history!
we counted them in,we numbered their windows,we counted them out!444 MODDED JAPANES CARS including eight new gtr,s!!
we had then lining up from on the m25 to the carpark at the arena!
no problems,all happy,and waiting to take part in what turned out to be the biggest ever private meeting of jap cars ever!

as much as i post our events on here i never have a good response unfortunatly,but i really am passionate about what we do,quality and quantity(i just want you guys to experience one of our epic nights)

write up and reveiws will be on the www.missbanzai.com website,and banzai/jp magazines.
as far as money goes.....................once added up im guessing maybe three grandish!

as far as the money goes,once added up i know will be monumental
thanks go to london air ambulance staff/essex intercepters for sending your representatives.
Old 08-12-2010, 10:25 AM
Silver Member

just tolet you guys know the final figure for the missbanzai charity tunnel run is £4500!!!!! the london air ambulance are thrilled as you can imagine.
Old 08-12-2010, 10:38 AM
Admin, Meets/Events Organiser

nice work Simon

will see if we can drum up some support for next years and actually get some of us up there!