South East Scoobies  

Go Back   South East Scoobies > The Garage > General Mechanics

Old 21-05-2010, 09:29 AM
Silver Member

Default FMIC Advice

end of the month I am gona order an FMIC for my GC8 cuz i spend a bit of time in traffic on my daily ride to work and i know the stock TMIC on my car suffers from heatsoak off the turbo when in traffic for any length of time, plus it looks a bit old n the fins r a bit shagged.

searching the net however, ive seen that some ppl's cars after fitting an FMIC dont run quite right till they get a remap done.
I aint gonna be in a position 2 pay for a new ECU n a remap probably til next summer as theres a few things i need 2 do 2 the car first.
anyone fitted an FMIC and not needed a remap after? or am i gonna need 2 w8 till I can get a remap straight after fitting it
Old 21-05-2010, 09:40 AM
worzel

Mate, you will 100% need to have it re-mapped after fitting FMIC.
Old 21-05-2010, 11:17 AM
Silver Member

cheers. looks like i'll be leaving that till next year then as theres other stuff i need 2 do on the car 1st. i'll just have 2 be gentle wiv the throttle if i been sitting in traffic for any length of time till i get the other work on the car outa the way
Old 23-05-2010, 11:24 PM
Bronze Member

you dont need to remap the car after fitment it may be a little laggy but a remap wont be needed for any safety reasons
Old 26-05-2010, 09:37 AM
Silver Member

To be honist you prob should have a remap, but when i fitted mine it seems to be no different. But i am no expert, just saying from my experience..