South East Scoobies  

Go Back   South East Scoobies > The Garage > Wheels,Tyres & Brakes

Old 19-03-2009, 09:05 PM
Silver Member

Default What i found in my handbrake

Been doing my brakes the last couple of days.Front went well all nice and free,same with the rear calipers.Then it came to pulling the rear disc's off.Passenger side went fine with the shoes all ok then the drivers side would not move so got it out as far as possible and the pin retainers were not there got it off in the end the shoes were cracked and bent with the top brace arm thats holds them apart like this
[img]http://img11.imageshack.us/img11/3926/brakebar1.jpg[/img]
The bent end had started to crack and found the other bit's bent and trapped around the shoes.It had not done any damage to the abs ring or sensor.Had to get the bit's from subaru and was not to unhappy at £65 for all the bit's to put right.Found from the bills the brakes were last done by the old owner.Just glad it did not lock any thing up.
Old 19-03-2009, 09:17 PM
worzel

Default Re: What i found in my handbrake

Eeeeek!
Old 19-03-2009, 09:36 PM
Gold Member

did you pull the dics off useing the 2 bolt holes on the disc?
Old 19-03-2009, 09:37 PM
Admin, Meets/Events Organiser.... formerly known as SilverSurfer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2-jaffacake-tone
did you pull the dics off useing the 2 bolt holes on the disc?
Doesn't sound like it LOL....
Or even remove the rear bung and click the adjuster loose......LOL......
Old 19-03-2009, 10:45 PM
Silver Member

Not a total novice the adjusters were loose and yes i did use the 2 m8 holes to evenly draw the disc off Thing was i missed that he shoe pin's where missing as i did not think to check them.The caps and springs from these were as i said in side the edge of the shoes.From the marks on the shoes they had been like it for a while.
Old 21-03-2009, 05:34 PM
Crowman

Bad luck there then mate.

Keep up the good work