South East Scoobies  

Go Back   South East Scoobies > Sponsors and Associates > Recommended services

Recommended services For all of your Scooby based needs, please refer to the directory. Please contact a "mod" to introduce a company that has served you well.

Old 20-05-2013, 12:41 PM

Default Thanks to James at GRD

I must mention a big thanks to James at Greenwood Racing Developments in Woking, over the last few weeks he has had to put up with me turning up at short notice at the weekend, even doing my suspension alignment on a Sunday! (though don't expect that normally!)

I have had some second hand stuff off him and prices were good, service was great and a good guy to deal with. Without his help, along with others I have thanked on here, I wouldn't have been making the Nurburg trip this year.

I wouldn't hesitate to recommend him to anyone.
2003 Blobeye WRX SL Wagon
Old 20-05-2013, 01:13 PM
Platinum Member

I hope he didn't use a rattle gun to do Any wheel nuts or camber bolts up!! Personally wouldn't recommend him nor use GRD's again.
Old 20-05-2013, 01:51 PM

oh, i'll go and check my wheel nuts in a minute. to be honest I use a impact gun to do them up, but don't do them tight, then use torque wrench to do the rest. so didn't really take note of what he did.

I take it he's done them up on yours too tight before then?
Old 20-05-2013, 02:36 PM
Platinum Member

The whole experience of GRD was very poor and the chap just clearly couldn't be bothered but had to do my alignment as he had agreed a few days earlier.

First impressions were fine, nice set up and got the car In straight away, from then on it was just moan moan moan! F'in this and f'in that and it seemed like every thing was really hard work and a chore.

Constantly moaned at the fact that I had used camber bolts to get a bit of negative camber " do you see track prepped cars using camber bolts? No, so why use them for f**k sake. I hate rusty s**t " the attitude didnt make me feel very comfortable!!

Then Moaned that he couldn't get the readings on he's alignment machine that he wanted because some of my bushings where old at the back which sounded like it was my fault.

I had a set of D1 spec alloy wheel nuts which were done up with a rattle gun when the wheels went back on and pretty much all of them twisted and ruined, didn't think I would get them off tbh. Ill put some pics up if I've still got the evidence in the shed when I get home.

Even the camber bolts if I remember rightly were buzzed up with the rattle gun which is no good for the little adjusting tab on the bolt. Didn't see one torque wrench being used.

Anyway a few days later I checked the work as you do only to find camber bolts loose ( I undid one with a spanner and two fingers!!! ), a camber bolt washer tab not correctly inserted into the leg of the strut and many wheel nuts twisted.

I took all the camber bolts out and put the originals back in and had to buy new D1-spec nuts. Not impressed!!!!

I wished I'd taken C.J up on he's old school method and got him to look at it back then, but as you do you think , fancy laser equipment and I'll trust this guy it must better than it was and ill part with £120 and look forward to the drive home.

Oh and I wasn't allowed to take any pictures and put them on Facebook or a forum! Wtf? Hmmm I have a few theory's why.
Old 20-05-2013, 02:47 PM
Admin, Meets/Events Organiser

That sounds like a pretty poor experience Rich, to say the least.

Quote:
Originally Posted by majorscooby View Post
Oh and I wasn't allowed to take any pictures and put them on Facebook or a forum! Wtf? Hmmm I have a few theory's why.
Well i guess that speaks volumes.....
Old 20-05-2013, 03:59 PM
Moderator (formerly known as Bluebugeye!)

All I will add, 'is if the Stetson and chaps fit..........'
Custom exhaust - Cosworth filter - Samco Intake - Tints - Bilstein B8/B6 & STI springs - SuperPro ALK - Whiteline positive shift kit, rack mounts, rear adjustable camber bushes, front ARB mounts & strut brace, 20mm rear ARB with AVO mounts, - Hardrace Gearbox and pitch mounts - Prodrive PFF7's - Front Brembos - Kenwood CarPlay - 1/2 carbon grille - STI front splitter
Old 20-05-2013, 04:30 PM
Platinum Member

on the flip side he worked very hard in a short space of time on my first mods

maybe he was having a bad day when you were there Rich
Old 20-05-2013, 04:49 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hongkongfooi View Post
on the flip side he worked very hard in a short space of time on my first mods

maybe he was having a bad day when you were there Rich
Probably was but no need to act like a grumpy teenager! Not very professional.
Old 20-05-2013, 07:05 PM

i'll check the torque on my strut bolts and wheel nuts tomorrow, been feeling rough today.

Hmm, wish I hadn't started this thread now, but I suppose it's good to advise other people good or bad if honest.
Old 20-05-2013, 07:34 PM
Platinum Member

Your hear good and bad with most tuners... We all have our off days
Old 20-05-2013, 08:23 PM
Platinum Member

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anger View Post
Your hear good and bad with most tuners... We all have our off days
Oh totally agree but you don't show your customers your un professionalism just because you got out the wrong side of bed, plus It was a weekend job and the only one of the day so it was hardly stressful.
Old 20-05-2013, 08:25 PM
Platinum Member

Haha I won't say what I've told customers to do once in a while on my bad days
Old 20-05-2013, 10:24 PM

the reason i'm off work,this week is because i had a bad day! thankfully back to work on new contract next week.