South East Scoobies  

Go Back   South East Scoobies > General Forums > General Car / Scooby Chat

General Car / Scooby Chat General chat, car related. Threads posted in here may well be re-directed to a more relevant home.

Old 07-01-2012, 12:59 PM
Platinum Member

Default Word of Warning !

A recent post copied & pasted from another site.

I was on the M4 Westbound on the way home from SCC Performance in St Albans on Wednesday (30th Nov, Revo Stage 1! ), I was aware of a silver Volvo S40 on a 58 plate that appeared to be following me for sometime. It matched my lane changes and overtakes and sat behind at the same distance the whole time. Naturally I thought it might be the rozzers, so took it carefully. After nearly half an hour I got suspicious so overtook a few cars then dropped to lane 1, slowing right down to force him to pass. He had a real good long look at me, as did I at him. It didn't look like a copper, no uniform, dodgy looking geezer etc. So I overtook again and hoped to carry on my way having made it clear I had clocked him.

Again he stuck with me, matching my every move. This continued for a few more minutes before approaching an exit, he started flashing his headlights and indicating me to pull off the motorway. I carried on, he flashed again and then turned on some blue and red "wig-wag style" strobes which were mounted on his dashboard. I shat myself for a moment, but it just didn't look right. Also there was no siren, no blues mounted behind grille, no "wig-wag" flashing headlights etc, so I didn't stop and passed the exit.
The flashing and blues stopped and he sat behind me again matching my movements like before. I was already pretty sure it wasn't a copper, so I managed to drop behind him again, even though I had to slow to 30 mph until he eventually passed, and I dialled 999 and spoke to the police giving them the car reg. After all, if it was a copper, I didn't wanna get done for failing to stop. They confirmed that the car was NOT a police car and not to stop, so I carried on as they spoke to officers to inform them of the situation.
My turn off came and sure enough he followed even though I didn't signal and exited at last minute. Approaching Bristol I came to traffic lights and he pulled alongside close to my car with his window down and gestured me to pull over, flashing a warrant badge at me. In no uncertain terms I informed said dodgy geezer that he could jog on if he thought I was going to stop as I was on the phone to the police control centre who informed me the car was not a police vehicle. Needless to say he didn't hang around long, nor the other car which I hadn't noticed before who seemed to be tagging along behind him, never saw him again after that.
For me it was not that big a deal, I clocked him early on. If this was someone more vulnerable and trusting, it could have got nasty. It was pretty obvious they were more interested in the car than anything else, but still.
So beware people and if ever in doubt, don't stop, simply dial 999 and inform them you have been indicated to stop but you believe it may not be a real police vehicle. They will check on the spot if you provide them a reg. If it is a copper, you won't get in trouble as long as you drive appropriately, as your call will be logged showing you were unsure if it was really police or not.""""""
Old 07-01-2012, 01:12 PM
'2 Spanners Qualified Technician' - If your job requires more then 1 spanner I'm your man !!!!!

Nice find Clive. As sheriff Bueford T Justice said " what the heck is the world coming to!".
Old 07-01-2012, 01:25 PM
It Tick's All His Boxes.....or Scratches Another Itch.

Blimey. Well dodgy, and car theifs would seem to know no limits for what they will do to steal a car/or worse. Sounds like an orgnized criminals targeting cars, and what better way of getting a car intact with keys when you think about it.

I think I would have just pulled over faced with the same situation, and will think twice now.
Old 07-01-2012, 01:45 PM
Gold Member

it might have been that bloke on scoobynet wanting 2 no how get a scooby 2 go sideways.
Old 07-01-2012, 02:40 PM
Events / Ring Trip Organiser

Good heads up mate.

What car was you in Hevs ?
Old 07-01-2012, 03:03 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG"E" View Post
Good heads up mate.

What car was you in Hevs ?
Dont think it had anything to do with Clive Ian as it states its copied from another site.
Old 07-01-2012, 05:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by majorscooby View Post
Dont think it had anything to do with Clive Ian as it states its copied from another site.

Oooops missed that bit Rich .Cheers
Old 07-01-2012, 05:24 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG"E" View Post
Oooops missed that bit Rich .Cheers
Should of gone to spec savers
Old 07-01-2012, 05:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markie View Post
Should of gone to spec savers

Funnily enough I've just come back from

Vision Express.

Cost me £200 just for the lenses.

perhaps I should have gone to Spec savers.
Old 10-01-2012, 02:02 PM
Platinum Member

Blimey good job they were clocked, wonder what would of happend if the guy actually stopped?
Old 10-01-2012, 08:33 PM
Silver Member

That is exactly how the manager of the securitas depot got stopped before Lee Murray and his friends stole 25 million quid!

I know of a few other examples of this happening, some people with mental health issues go rogue and try and enforce the law the rest do it for some unlawful purpose!