South East Scoobies  

Go Back   South East Scoobies > General Forums > General Car / Scooby Chat

General Car / Scooby Chat General chat, car related. Threads posted in here may well be re-directed to a more relevant home.

Old 13-01-2012, 10:42 PM
Bronze Member

Default Help needed

Really need some help my51 bug is my daily driver and to day I bought the replacement pipe that removes the cat brand new but second hand.
Had a "mechanic" fit it and it don't fit (turns out its from a blobeye) needless to say he butchered my cat!! It's on but blowing like a c@&t.
Has anyone got a pipe laying around for sale??

Many thanks wonk
Old 13-01-2012, 10:49 PM
Gold Member

Which Cat mate?
Old 13-01-2012, 10:54 PM
Bronze Member

Not the down pipe one but the one directly after next to the center pipe. If that makes sense lol
Old 14-01-2012, 09:04 AM
Platinum Member

If it was for a blob it would fit
Take it back and get them to fix it for free it's down to them
Old 14-01-2012, 11:00 AM
Bronze Member

I can't it was a private cash sale. He is now saying to get it to fit I need to change the down pipe ? Any truth in this??
Old 14-01-2012, 11:04 AM
Platinum Member

Hmmm cant think what cat you mean? theres one in the up pipe, one in the down pipe and a small box in the front of the centre section iirc, then theres the back box.
are you sure the one your trying to fit is for a newage, may be for a classic instead??? My knowledge isnt that great but it may shed some light.
Old 14-01-2012, 11:22 AM
Bronze Member

Yeah apparently it's for a blob. The center pipe is fine. But the pipe that goes between the center and down pipe ( the one with the lamba sensor) don't fit.
Old 14-01-2012, 11:26 AM
Bronze Member

Now looking at a compete afterburner set up. Anybody use this? Recommend ?
Old 14-01-2012, 11:46 AM
Gold Member

Think I have a decat pipe in the garage with a sensor in that came off mine, might get you out of trouble if needed
Old 14-01-2012, 12:05 PM
Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DukeBoy View Post
Think I have a decat pipe in the garage with a sensor in that came off mine, might get you out of trouble if needed
Defiantly! How much and when can I collect? My car sounds like a tank lol
Old 14-01-2012, 12:22 PM
Gold Member

Yhpm
Old 14-01-2012, 06:29 PM
Authorised Trader

on a UK spec 2.0 WRX new-age car wether bug or blob you have the the same exhaust system and cat set-up..........

pre-cat in the up-pipe then the main cat after the turbo with a secondary cat in the lower part of what is basically a 2piece down-pipe, then middle section with resonator and finally back box..........

if you have a secondary cat bypass pipe it will fit regardless, so either you have been sold the wrong thing or the garage are muppets??

ASPerformance 0191-4103770
PELTOR, PFC BRAKES, PAGID MOTUL, FERODO, SPEEDLINE, TRS, MINTEX, PIAA, HELLA, TEIN, WHITELINE, SUPER-PRO, MILLERS OILS
online shop!!
Old 14-01-2012, 08:45 PM
Bronze Member

Big thank you to dukeboy. Fitted perfect an what a difference to the sound by just replacing one cat!! I owe you a very big pint when I see you next.
Old 14-01-2012, 08:50 PM
Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by asperformance View Post
so either you have been sold the wrong thing or the garage are muppets??
personally I think it off a newer shape. I seen the classic ones and it looks totally different. And its longer then the correct one ive just picked up. Even the 14mm retaining nut is in a different place.
Old 14-01-2012, 09:19 PM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonkey85 View Post
Big thank you to dukeboy. Fitted perfect an what a difference to the sound by just replacing one cat!! I owe you a very big pint when I see you next.
Glad you got it sorted