South East Scoobies  

Go Back   South East Scoobies > News, Info, Rules and introductions > News and Announcements

News and Announcements Includes Forum Rules.

Old 09-04-2019, 09:14 AM
Admin, Meets/Events Organiser.... formerly known as SilverSurfer

Default South East Scoobies Facebook goes live

To help promote the club actvities further SES has now gone fully live on facebook with a SES Group.
If you have not yet recieved a join request please visit https://www.facebook.com/groups/427731604463163/ and request to join.

The SES forum will remain as it is and should be used as normal, especially to host all those interesting build threads.

Event attendance will also be managed within the SES Forum due to it allowing better control and history, although events/meets will also be promoted on both platforms.

Please take time to read the rules on the Facebook page and please adhere to them to help ensure it is a success.

SES reserve the right to close the Facebook group should it not work for us, or be overly abused.

Enjoy......
Old 09-04-2019, 06:16 PM
Bronze Member

Great news for the club.

I don't post pic treads as a pain to post pics to be honest.
Old 09-04-2019, 08:42 PM
Admin, Meets/Events Organiser.... formerly known as SilverSurfer

Quote:
Originally Posted by HYDROSCOBY View Post
Great news for the club.

I don't post pic treads as a pain to post pics to be honest.
I agree posting pictures on forums has become quite painful since photobucket changed their policy
Old 11-04-2019, 03:19 PM
Bronze Member

Anyone going to let me in?! boggissimo=Toby Galbraith
Old 11-04-2019, 04:21 PM
Moderator (formerly known as Bluebugeye!)

Nope - Us Legacies are banned!
Custom exhaust - Cosworth filter - Samco Intake - Tints - Bilstein B8/B6 & STI springs - SuperPro ALK - Whiteline positive shift kit, rack mounts, rear adjustable camber bushes, front ARB mounts & strut brace, 20mm rear ARB with AVO mounts, - Hardrace Gearbox and pitch mounts - Prodrive PFF7's - Front Brembos - Kenwood CarPlay - 1/2 carbon grille - STI front splitter
Old 18-10-2019, 12:03 PM
Regular User

I have just joined the forum, but do not have Facebook, nor want it to be fair.... will you be moving away from the forum in due course? Or will information still be updated on here too?

I am interested in the club meets and timings so that I can pop along at some point

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 18-10-2019, 01:51 PM
Admin, Meets/Events Organiser

Bit of a hot potato this one....

Facebook has undoubtedly grown massively over the years and many forums have packed up and switched to facebook groups. Our forum is certainly quieter than it used to be in previous years (we've been on vBulletin since we started in 2008) due to the facebook/mobile app era.

But the basics are that we intend to keep the forum running indefinitely - until it becomes nonviable to do so. If its getting one post a month, then it clearly isn't worth the hosting costs. But all the time it is active, it is worth us keeping it running - for the wealth of history and information on here too.
Old 18-10-2019, 08:02 PM
Gold Member

I also am not on Facebook and never will be,so long may this forum continue.
Old 19-10-2019, 10:43 AM
Regular User

Do you guys have a WhatsApp group where info is posted??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 19-10-2019, 11:47 AM

No, we don't have a whatsapp group for SES - just have the forum, plus the main facebook page for club posts/announcements and the linked group where everyone can post/comment.
Old 12-01-2020, 08:08 PM
Bronze Member

Wish the forum world would come back....a lot of idiots on facebook
Old 12-01-2020, 08:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmcc42uk View Post
Wish the forum world would come back....a lot of idiots on facebook
Completely agree, but it seems that 95% of the population goes to facebook as their only choice nowadays. Shame....