South East Scoobies  

Go Back   South East Scoobies > The Studio > Meet / Event Pics & Vids

Meet / Event Pics & Vids Post all your meet / event pictures here.

Old 30-04-2019, 12:24 PM
Gold Member

Default British Rallycross Championship R2 2019 – Lydden Hill

I see from the SES Facebook group that at least one member of the forum was at Lydden last weekend for the second round of the British Rallycross Championship, so I thought I’d chuck some more pictures up!

After failing to deny Julian Godfrey victory at Silverstone I was pleased to see Derek Tohill back to try and improve on second.

All the Retro cars are cool, but those of you who know me know that I have a particular love for the RS200. Steve Harris was back in his RS200 and he was joined by Liam Doran, driving his Dad’s car.

Liam hasn’t got the best track record off-circuit, but I don’t think there is any doubt he can drive and, with that in mind, I was hopeful he’d give the RS200 a good thrashing…

…I wasn’t disappointed! Slides, smoke and even a little bit of air.

The rest of the Retro field put on a good show as well.

Steve Hill got off to a fantastic start, taking the lead in his first qualifying heat. Unfortunately his engine failed mid-race and he was forced to retire for the day.

There were a few prangs, but the biggest crash of the day came during the Swifts. Nikita Abramov got off line coming through the chicane, the result of which were multiple rolls. The car was an absolute mess, but Nikita was extracted after a few minutes and walked to the ambulance.

The Retro field were split into 2WD and 4WD for the finals. Liam Doran had issues in two of the heats, so he started the 4WD final on the back row of the grid: he had passed everyone by the first corner though!

The Supercar class became a three way fight between Derek Tohill, Ollie O’Donovan and Julian Godfrey.

After heavy contact with Ollie O’Donovan at the start of the final, Derek Tohill lost several panels including his rear bumper. I was afraid that he might get a puncture due to all the flying bodywork, but he held on to take a very well deserved first.

It was one of the best Supercar finals I have seen for a while, but the highlight of the day was unquestionably Doran ragging the RS200!

Full album from Lydden Hill here:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/229616...57691191308423

If any of you want to see any more shots (advance warning: I took a lot of RS200 pictures!)
Old 30-04-2019, 04:02 PM

Cracking Snaps Steve, dam that accident :O

Mapped and maintained by FBTuning 07595 493581.
Old 30-04-2019, 10:00 PM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginola View Post
Cracking Snaps Steve, dam that accident :O
Yeah, was the worst one I have seen at Lydden for a while. The Swift landed on the tyre barrier and when the driver hadn't emerged after a few minutes I thought it might be serious. Very pleased to see the driver walk away.

Cage did its job, but I am pretty certain the car is a write off!
Old 01-05-2019, 09:41 AM
Bronze Member

Epic photos, appreciate the commentary too!

Sent from my G8441 using Tapatalk
Old 01-05-2019, 11:56 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgehawkins27 View Post

Sent from my G8441 using Tapatalk
What George said
Old 01-05-2019, 02:58 PM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgehawkins27 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolesroor View Post
What George said