South East Scoobies  

Go Back   South East Scoobies > Events & Meets > Other Events

Other Events Other Regional Events, National Events, Track Days, Tunnel Runs Etc Etc

Old 31-08-2018, 09:36 AM

Default Brands Hatch 30.08.18

Rob and I spent the day at Brands yesterday on an Open Pitlane Track day.

Lots of cars on track from Porsche’s, caterham’s, Mazda mx5’s, Clio 182’s, BMW’s (including a 140i), racing team Civics, and everything in between!

Beautiful day, superb weather, and the track was in superb condition as you would expect.

A few pics I took on my phone below, in car vids of some of my sessions to follow, and I’m sure Rob will update what he has when he has gone through them.

Must say Rob really knows how to handle his car, and push it and the tyres to the limit. Amazing speed when i was passenger for a few laps.
Also - amazing job with your oil cooler and power steering cooler setup mate!! They work great!

Overall I was pleased with how my car ran, gearbox was spot on following its rebuild, and managed to keep her in the boost for most of the laps.
My oil cooler did an ok job, max temp reached during the day was 106 degrees, so not normal driving cool, but for a little cooler, it certainly did something vs the 122 degrees I registered round lydden without one.

Passed the noise test quite easily, so nice to know the track system I bought from Kevin at Zero Exhausts worked well. At Lydden my static noise was 106 with my Cobra setup, compared to 95 at Brands.

Few snaps of Rob’s Scoob looking beastly!!

There was also a rare sight - it’s wasn’t the Stig, but it was the Stig’s Uckfieldian cousin!

As I say, in car vids to follow later!

Ryan

Maintained and Modified by Super Jules
&
RM Performance http://www.rmperformance.co.uk
Old 31-08-2018, 09:45 AM
Platinum Member

Glad it went well Ryan and Rob .

Looking forward to the vids👍
Old 31-08-2018, 10:38 AM
Bronze Member

Jealous! Don't think my Scoob will be on track again this year, but planning lots more events in 2019 (missus permitting).
Old 31-08-2018, 11:29 AM
Bronze Member

Glad you both had a fantastic day, and the weather lasted as well.

Sent from my G8141 using Tapatalk
Old 31-08-2018, 12:58 PM

well here's the first video..

sighting laps behind the instructors car..

I certainly don't proclaim in any of these vids to be quick, taking the correct line, or any good - but I had a blast which is the main thing!

(oh and ignore the date and time on the cam - for some reason it wouldn't save the current timings)

This one is my first session out - again, nothing fast, and lines are all to shot:

Second Session out:

Fourth Session out - getting a little more confident although still not carrying as much speed as I would like, and also lines aren't great....Again - im no pro!

And my last session of the day - I think it was my best session, carried more speed into the corners, and lines were a little better. Tried to keep away from Rob all the way round which was tough to say the least !!

hope everyone enjoys the vids, its just a laugh for me, seeing what the car can do, and as you will see, im not afraid at getting overtaken by loads of people! ha ha

&

Last edited by Rdlangy1; 31-08-2018 at 01:06 PM.
Old 01-09-2018, 09:49 AM
Formerly STIWR1

Very cool - looks like a lot of fun had. Loving Rob's suit. I need to get back on track very soon.
Old 01-09-2018, 10:59 AM
Bronze Member

Very good videos, looks like you had a lot of fun and no rain.

Sent from my G8141 using Tapatalk
Old 01-09-2018, 02:18 PM

Conditions were perfect

&
Old 01-09-2018, 02:43 PM

Was a great day, couldn’t have asked for better weather and track conditions. Plenty of interesting stuff out on track with us and the usual variety of track day machines. Interesting cars to note included what I believe was a DB4, an ‘original’ Mini Cooper S, a Lotus Cortina and about 3000 Caterhams...

The Scoob performed well, everything operating as it should and no mechanical gremlins to be reported. Had a very noisy vibration on some of the faster turns that I think might have been tyre related but I haven’t done any investigating yet.

Also had a very hot rear off side brake after my final session, might be a sticky piston or just the result of a little more trail braking when pushing harder towards the end of the day.

I have some photos to post up when I can, I am also looking forward to seeing what the on-site MSV photographer snapped throughout the day.

Thanks Steve_PPP for managing to catch a few snaps of Ryan and myself out on track together, hope you had a good evening with Gregg in his Pug.
Old 01-09-2018, 02:47 PM

Old 01-09-2018, 06:45 PM

MSV photographer has just posted up the pics

Now all purchased and downloaded so below is a small selection:

&
Old 01-09-2018, 09:13 PM
Admin, Meets/Events Organiser

Great stuff chaps
Old 02-09-2018, 09:54 AM

Few more pics of Rob uploaded overnight