South East Scoobies  

Go Back   South East Scoobies > General Forums > Non Scooby / Non Car Related

Non Scooby / Non Car Related Anything Non-Scooby related.

Closed Thread

Old 31-01-2015, 07:47 PM
Platinum Member

The Audi's are certainly well put together my Mums A3 is as good as it was when it was new 9 years ago.Think it's a good choice but you'll be screaming for that extra torque if you were to leave it standard, especially when the family are in it. Think I'd prefer the estate if it was me though, been stung with a saloon before that I couldn't even get a 20" TV in without unpacking it and putting it on the front seat. Guess you've still got the Ibiza though for tip runs.
Old 31-01-2015, 08:55 PM
Admin, Meets/Events Organiser.... formerly known as SilverSurfer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Baron View Post
Think it's a good choice but you'll be screaming for that extra torque if you were to leave it standard, especially when the family are in it.
Lol.....You know me, already on it and finding the nearest APR dealer, as there option allows you to switch into 4 modes, mapped, stock, valet and disabled IIRC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Baron View Post
Guess you've still got the Ibiza though for tip runs.
They have an Estate as well for £500 more, but I can't really justify the need for it....Oh and it also comes on 18's, the saloon has 19's far more important.

Test drive booked for Tomorrow morning.

It's SEAT's fault I'm looking at it though. After talking to them yesterday and knocking about a few figures, I suddenly ended up in Audi money territory, which made me rethink.
Old 01-02-2015, 12:48 PM

Anyone want a Leon FR
Audi's px offer was a joke compared to what Bartletts SEAT offered on Friday.
Old 01-02-2015, 02:49 PM
Authorised Trader

you often find whilst the engine is similiar spec the turbo is specifically different.....

ASPerformance 0191-4103770
PELTOR, PFC BRAKES, PAGID MOTUL, FERODO, SPEEDLINE, TRS, MINTEX, PIAA, HELLA, TEIN, WHITELINE, SUPER-PRO, MILLERS OILS
online shop!!
Old 01-02-2015, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by asperformance View Post
you often find whilst the engine is similiar spec the turbo is specifically different.....
Cheers for the reply Alyn
I did a bit of research last night and the 120ps is a pegged back 160ps so that it sneaks into a lower emissions category.

All the major tuners offer the same upgrade for both models with obviously the 120ps getting the most benefit.
Old 01-02-2015, 03:32 PM
Authorised Trader

intriguing as ceratinly the older variants always had slight turbo changes to achieve greater power

ASPerformance 0191-4103770
PELTOR, PFC BRAKES, PAGID MOTUL, FERODO, SPEEDLINE, TRS, MINTEX, PIAA, HELLA, TEIN, WHITELINE, SUPER-PRO, MILLERS OILS
online shop!!
Old 01-02-2015, 04:17 PM

Yeh I know what you mean as SEAT have done the same with the tfsi and cupra variants.
Although primarily those already near to or over 200ps
Old 16-02-2015, 09:35 PM
Bronze Member

Good choice, my old car! Had always planned a remap as the 160 was a good few k more. Decided against due to warranty. Enjoy the sound system, it's cracking! Smart looking car and when you have the extra power will be a top machine. Never felt as slow as it should have. Small world!
Old 17-02-2015, 06:17 PM
Bronze Member

You can get an nice Audi A6 for that money
Old 24-02-2015, 01:27 PM

Thanks for all your inputs.
Topic now closed, refer : http://www.southeastscoobies.co.uk/v...ad.php?t=19723
Closed Thread