South East Scoobies  

Go Back   South East Scoobies > General Forums > Non Scooby / Non Car Related

Non Scooby / Non Car Related Anything Non-Scooby related.

Old 09-08-2011, 01:46 PM
It Tick's All His Boxes.....or Scratches Another Itch.

Apparantly Hastings, prior meadow has been put on high alert tonight.! So it might even be coming further South.

Madness utter madness.! I don't condone violence, but only solution would appear to be a very heavy hand, arrest lots of people and keep them locked up as long as the law will allow..... Slapped wrists, and the nicey,nicey, polically correct approach just won't work on these people.
Old 09-08-2011, 02:07 PM
Platinum Member

Time now 2.00pm and just had a phone call.

Maidstone & Rochester are shutting all shops at 3.00pm with many boarding up windows.
Face Book, Twitter and blackberry messaging has been monitored and Police are expecting trouble.

It sounds stupid but I really do feel like driving to Maidstone tonight with my guys, tooled up, and start hammering the 5hit out of anyone that starts smashing up or igniting shops or cars.
Old 09-08-2011, 02:13 PM
Bronze Member

london road in brighton been hit. Expect it in an area near u imo.
Old 09-08-2011, 02:13 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thepieman View Post
and hows your business?
Lucky my shop was one of the few left a long mate... Still feel for a lot of the business's around me that i have known for years

Its organised crime now... Kids dont pull cash machines out of the wall
Old 09-08-2011, 02:17 PM
Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anger View Post
Its organised crime now... Kids dont pull cash machines out of the wall
Thats it though isnt it. Nearly every criminal in the country is going to work while we all do the opposite! Lock your cars up safe tonight lads!
Old 09-08-2011, 02:27 PM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skullfudge View Post

It sounds stupid but I really do feel like driving to Maidstone tonight with my guys, tooled up, and start hammering the 5hit out of anyone that starts smashing up or igniting shops or cars.
This is my biggest fear now, everyone taking up arms just to protect their property/family.
Old 09-08-2011, 02:30 PM
Admin, Meets/Events Organiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearo View Post
london road in brighton been hit. Expect it in an area near u imo.
Source?

Lots of information flying about, I can only find stuff saying rumours of damage in Brighton are unfounded.
Old 09-08-2011, 02:32 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortster View Post
This is my biggest fear now, everyone taking up arms just to protect their property/family.
Well, I did sleep with a baseball bat & an axe next to my bed last night just in case people decided to do household burglaries as the police were busy dealing with the rioters. Anyone that had got in my house last night wouldnt have got back out again.
and lets face it, we're all gonna protect our homes and our families if it comes to that
Old 09-08-2011, 02:37 PM
Bronze Member

just got back from doing a small job in Clapham (Marjorie Grove). on the drive up from brighton i saw cars and shops either burnt or smashed by f*ckers. was just about to leave and got a phone call off a mate of mine who gives me painting and decorating work for Nuffield fitness and leisure. (was Cannons health clubs). he asked if i could pop into Nuffield in Norbury on the way home. bearing in mind that i was only up there a month ago working , i could belive what i saw. the place had been torched last night. most of the downstairs is burnt and soaking wet while the rest of the club is smoked damaged badly. had a chat with the area managers and they cant believe whats happened. this f*cking country is going to hell.......big time.
Old 09-08-2011, 02:39 PM
Bronze Member

People on twitter & facebook saying its kicked off. Local business told to put shutters up by 3pm. Few ppl say works let them go early so they can put shutters up, etc.

I guess probly minor disturbances at the mo but big chance of something happening later by sounds of it.
Old 09-08-2011, 02:44 PM
Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy-m View Post
Well, I did sleep with a baseball bat & an axe next to my bed last night just in case people decided to do household burglaries as the police were busy dealing with the rioters. Anyone that had got in my house last night wouldnt have got back out again.
and lets face it, we're all gonna protect our homes and our families if it comes to that
i will protect my family by ALL means if/when the time comes. the old bill cant be everywhere if it kicks off. from what i saw in london today, then if someone wants to try and brake into my place then they will get everything they deserve. its not being a vigilante when you protect your family. so i totally agree with you there mate.
Old 09-08-2011, 02:48 PM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy-m View Post

Im going to just say it...with a large % of the ofenders being from a ethnic back ground, it only takes one person defending his/her property from a diffrent ethnic back ground to injure/kill, then where in another world of ****.
Old 09-08-2011, 02:57 PM
Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortster View Post
Im going to just say it...with a large % of the ofenders being from a ethnic back ground,
i had noticed that too.

oh and whats the saying , " if you cant do the time, dont do the crime." the time can be meant in many types of ways. if they go out wanting to smash, rob or burn then they should expect to come face to face with some one who will stand up to them.
Old 09-08-2011, 03:09 PM
Platinum Member

My Sister has just been told to leave our shop as trouble is on its way
Old 09-08-2011, 03:11 PM
thepieman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anger View Post
My Sister has just been told to leave our shop as trouble is on its way
Hope its just precautionary mate!!
Old 09-08-2011, 03:12 PM
Platinum Member

I'm not sure why people are suggesting the army. What can they do?

My company is involved with these issues as we are one of the only Drilling & Sawing Contractors in the UK that have "A Class Vetted Staff" This allows us into any Military, government of Police, building , unit or compound. We are often shadowed by armed police of military and they are never more than 4 Mts away from us.

The army are NOT allowed to carry live munitions other than the rare situations like the Iranian Embassy siege.
Police are the only ones allowed to hold firearms with live munitions in public areas.

They know where trouble is expected as the likes of Twitter Face Book and other social networks are being monitored.

The same social networks now need to be used for the organising of other groups to turn up and start on these fooking idiots.
That's what needs to happen otherwise this could very easily get out of hand.

They are not scared of cops or soldiers running at them with a polycarbonate shield BUT if the likes of Billy Two Holes and Machette Mick were on the scene they would fooking 5hit themselves !
Old 09-08-2011, 03:19 PM
Bronze Member

Only reason i think we need the army is the extra numbers to cover more areas and form a better wall of protection at least!
Old 09-08-2011, 03:20 PM
Bronze Member

Quote:
if the likes of Billy Two Holes and Machette Mick were on the scene they would fooking 5hit themselves !
exactly right mate. its surprising the reaction you get when "two barrels" are visible. i got stopped by 2 old bill when i was out shooting one day. they thourght i had an air rifle, well they had been told i had an air rifle by some "joe public". they wanted to know if i had permission to shoot on this land. their faces were a picture when i turned round with a double barrel 12 bore
Old 09-08-2011, 03:31 PM
Bronze Member

this made me lol
Old 09-08-2011, 03:36 PM
Gold Member

i agree with mortser,country gone 2 pot because we have 2many foreign people coming here and cant handle it.the goverment is to blame and all the greedy bankers only intrested in making money.i dont think the goverment give a toss and more intrested in other countrys.

i also agree with skullfudge and andy as the law system is a joke and they will only do something if they can make money out of crime.
Old 09-08-2011, 04:08 PM
Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by worzel View Post
Anarchy is the only word that sums it up!

This is not IMHO a government problem, yes they have made swinging cuts which have affected a lot of people, but this would be happening whoever was in charge. Anyone blaming the government for this really ought to get a reality check, because they have obviously lost their minds.

This is purely a class of "British" citizenship with huge personal and cultural issues, lashing out at a weak and hand tied police force and in the name of no cause at all. I'm sorry, but none of these idiots can blame what happened in Tottenham for this, this is mindless violence and grand theft on a huge scale.

These are kids of 14 - 18 years old, with parents who don't give a flying **** what they do or where they are.

It has to be stopped somehow, if the police don't get a grip on this today, even to the point of drafting the army in, then I dread to think what will happen tonight, there will be deaths, but unfortunately they will be from the wrong side of the coin. Get troops mobilized, armed with rubber bullets and riot gear and let them kick the living **** out of these people.

Couldn't have summed it up better. I would swap rubber for live though...
Old 09-08-2011, 04:12 PM
'2 Spanners Qualified Technician' - If your job requires more then 1 spanner I'm your man !!!!!

The news made me laugh this morning. They openly said that this was mainly organised through blackberry messenger, and is still continuing to do so. So why dont Blackberry do the decent thing and 'switch off' for a time.

If these things are being organised through the likes of twitter, facebook and blackberry messenger, then there is yet another reason for them to be closed down, particularly in situations like this. Had these not exsisted, then word could not spread fast enough to organise crime on this level.
Old 09-08-2011, 04:12 PM
Bronze Member

Quote:
Time now 2.00pm and just had a phone call.

Maidstone & Rochester are shutting all shops at 3.00pm with many boarding up windows.
Face Book, Twitter and blackberry messaging has been monitored and Police are expecting trouble.

You're not the only one and tbh I kinda hope people do start doing that. At least someone will be doing something, those ****s need putting down, end of. Filthy dirty ****ing little ****s
Old 09-08-2011, 04:32 PM

Morrison's in Hastings Town turned over, and Tesco at Hollington if I can believe what I am being told. Not good.! Glyne Gap could be interesting later tonight.

Also town is blocked off, M&S Smashed in. Morrison is on fire.....
Old 09-08-2011, 04:40 PM
Silver Member

left work early n just got home.
greenwich, 90% of the shops were closed. same in the bits of lewsham u can drive through.
already the odd group of 3-5 tossers, I mean youths sitting on walls, at bus stops n jst hangin around.
I hope the police with those plastic bullets realy f them up tonight
Old 09-08-2011, 04:45 PM
Bronze Member

the trouble is that 26 other police forces have sent men into london to back up the MET. what happens if it all kicks off in the areas where the force has been weakend.?? could be fun..........
Old 09-08-2011, 05:25 PM
Platinum Member

By all accounts the looters in Peckham got away with,

some half priced cracked ice and miles and miles of carpet tiles,
tv's, deep freeze, and david bowie LP's,
ball games, gold chains, whassa names, picture frames and leather goods,
some trevor francis track suits from a mush in shepherds bush,
bush bush bush bush bush bush bush!! lol
Old 09-08-2011, 05:27 PM
'2 Spanners Qualified Technician' - If your job requires more then 1 spanner I'm your man !!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by majorscooby View Post
By all accounts the looters in Peckham got away with,

some half priced cracked ice and miles and miles of carpet tiles,
tv's, deep freeze, and david bowie LP's,
ball games, gold chains, whassa names, picture frames and leather goods,
some trevor francis track suits from a mush in shepherds bush,
bush bush bush bush bush bush bush!! lol

Classic
Old 09-08-2011, 05:30 PM
Bronze Member

excelent
Old 09-08-2011, 05:34 PM
Platinum Member

Just drove threw hastings on way home and there isnt anything, morrisons is closed and around 20 officers surrounding the premises but thats it, no damage that i saw..
Old 09-08-2011, 05:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobEvo5 View Post
Morrison's in Hastings Town turned over, and Tesco at Hollington if I can believe what I am being told. Not good.! Glyne Gap could be interesting later tonight.

http://twitter.com/#!/sussex_police

All calm apparently, just rumours.
Old 09-08-2011, 05:58 PM
Platinum Member

Watching Sky news now and it looks like all the main buildings are being borded up near me
Old 09-08-2011, 05:58 PM

There's nothing happening in Hastings other than a strong police presence just in case. All rumour being spread via social networking. Only needs one person to post a "OMG, just seen Morrisons on fire" on Twitter and 500 people have re-tweeted it in seconds. If you use Twitter try @sussex_police.

Shane
Old 09-08-2011, 06:05 PM
Events / Ring Trip Organiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobEvo5 View Post

I drove through the town at 4.35 and saw nothing except Morrisons was closed.
Old 09-08-2011, 06:30 PM
Nige

There is nothing happening it's that twitterface ********. Ali my other half also amb staff has been at work all day with no incident.
Old 09-08-2011, 07:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nige View Post
There is nothing happening it's that twitterface ********. Ali my other half also amb staff has been at work all day with no incident.
Good to hear - Its Amazing how jungle drums and cats whisphers can soon distort things, and blow things out of proportion. The Hooligans of Hastings, wouldn't be intellegant enough to cause a riot even if they tried so did think it it a little bizzare when I heard it.
Old 09-08-2011, 07:31 PM
Events / Ring Trip Organiser

Apparently some of Morrisons windows have now been boarded over.

Nige I hope Ali is not working tonight.
Old 09-08-2011, 08:11 PM
Nige

No there not mate ive just driven past there. Thing is twitterface brings out the sort of people who would cause trouble but only if others start 1st. Can you imagine them trying to kick off in the old town End of & come collect the body's from the sea in the morn. Huddy's meet the fishermen Ha! Ha! should be a movie.
Old 09-08-2011, 08:27 PM
Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nige View Post
No there not mate ive just driven past there. Thing is twitterface brings out the sort of people who would cause trouble but only if others start 1st. Can you imagine them trying to kick off in the old town End of & come collect the body's from the sea in the morn. Huddy's meet the fishermen Ha! Ha! should be a movie.
now , thats got a whiff of good old Freddie Foreman about that. fishermen, chicken wire, bricks, boat journey out to the english channel.
Old 09-08-2011, 09:14 PM
Crowman

Am told via Facebook it's starting kicking off in Tunbridge Wells
Old 09-08-2011, 09:30 PM
Gold Member

Police were out yesterday evening in Hassocks trying to catch motorists doing 42mph in a 40mph limit so we call all sleep safe in our beds.Can't say I was to impressed.
Old 09-08-2011, 09:31 PM
Gold Member

Glad to hear that you and the family are ok Nick.
Old 09-08-2011, 09:37 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowman View Post
Am told via Facebook it's starting kicking off in Tunbridge Wells

quite here so far
Old 09-08-2011, 09:43 PM
Crowman

I heard it was Sherwood ?
Good old Facebook getting it wrong
Old 09-08-2011, 09:44 PM
Gold Member

Ive got my Ninja swords out, so i can chop some Mofos up! Not comming near my family or me.
Old 09-08-2011, 09:45 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowman View Post
I heard it was Sherwood ?
Good old Facebook getting it wrong
they can have it nothing there if they were gonna go for t wells would be pantiles on main drag
Old 09-08-2011, 09:54 PM
Bronze Member

.............. lol.
Old 09-08-2011, 11:16 PM
Bronze Member

Things have taken a turn tonight. Rumours they are BNP or whatever but the police are backing them so my guess is its local blokes who have had enough!!

Watch this video of Enfield tonight!
Old 09-08-2011, 11:23 PM
Gold Member

In my mind the Police should have shot a few more people in the last day or two. A mindless mob wants violence: let them have it.

What I've seen on the TV in the last 24 hours has been nothing less then utterly sickening.
Old 09-08-2011, 11:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearo View Post
Watch this video of Enfield tonight!
Blimey, i was expecting the silver Chrysler to get smashed up at first. But yeah, they're all white folk chasing out the looters - with the police mixed up amongst them!

Not one of them was throwing stuff or damaging stuff. And people say this isn't anything to do with race