South East Scoobies  

Go Back   South East Scoobies > General Forums > General Car / Scooby Chat

General Car / Scooby Chat General chat, car related. Threads posted in here may well be re-directed to a more relevant home.

Old 16-08-2011, 07:25 PM
Silver Member

Default coilover choice

one of the shocks on my wagon has started to let go. the rear OS corner is a little boouncy of late so ive gotta get a new set. money is an issue as ive got to also change my manifold in a few weeks too

Scoobyworld are doing BC racing br coilovers for £650. its a stretch, but I can just about afford to order these on friday and like my existing tein's, they are ride hight and dampening force adjustable.

second choice are AP Coilovers. they are hight adjustable, but no dampening force adjustment. Thing is they are only £550.

not had any experience with AP or BC, so any of you guys used AP or BC before and what do you think would be the better choce obetween the two ?
and if anyone has any alternative suggestions, bearing in mind my budget is £650 max
Old 16-08-2011, 07:52 PM
Platinum Member

Bc seem to be the best for your budget, wouldnt go D2s as heard mix reports
Hks are way to hard trust me lol.
theres a few guys here runing the Bc,
Old 17-08-2011, 07:10 AM
Moderator (formerly known as Bluebugeye!)

I'm running BC's on mine and have been more than happy with them - with the damping turned down they are quite compliant turned up they are real track focussed.

Could you get the Teins rebuilt?
Custom exhaust - Cosworth filter - Samco Intake - Tints - Bilstein B8/B6 & STI springs - SuperPro ALK - Whiteline positive shift kit, rack mounts, rear adjustable camber bushes, front ARB mounts & strut brace, 20mm rear ARB with AVO mounts, - Hardrace Gearbox and pitch mounts - Prodrive PFF7's - Front Brembos - Kenwood CarPlay - 1/2 carbon grille - STI front splitter
Old 17-08-2011, 07:58 AM
Silver Member

ok, looks like the family will be eating sawdust next week then so I can get the BC's !
Old 17-08-2011, 08:37 AM
worzel

I got a second hand set of Cusco Zero 2 from Saj @ Jap Performance Parts. They are a really good set of coilovers and they only cost me £500.00 (should be £550.00 but got a discount ) They are great
Old 17-08-2011, 10:57 AM
Bronze Member

I'm struggling to justify a set of BC's as well. A mate runs them on his Celica GT4 and has been impressed with them since having them fitted a fair while ago now. Is fitting them something that can be done yourself (with access to a lift of course) or is it really something that has to be done professionally?
Old 17-08-2011, 11:04 AM
thepieman

Crowmans BC's are the nuts, very impressed with them and they can be fitted yourself however, seeing how much of a difference it made to Crowmans car, I would suggest having a geo done to get the best out of them

Worzels Cusco's do look worth the money though, when you compare the two
Old 17-08-2011, 11:11 AM
Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thepieman View Post
Crowmans BC's are the nuts, very impressed with them and they can be fitted yourself however, seeing how much of a difference it made to Crowmans car, I would suggest having a geo done to get the best out of them

Worzels Cusco's do look worth the money though, when you compare the two
Thanks Pieman. I'll bet the Cusco's are good, just seen how much they go for new
Old 17-08-2011, 12:39 PM
Silver Member

thanks for the comments, BC's it is then.

@ worzel, ty, already looked on jap performance parts web site. things are a little out of my budget there at the moment. If i didnt need to get them urgently, I would hold out till he had something a bit cheaper or I had more money.

@ rossmarts, am waiting to see if they come already assembled, but worst case is i'll need a spring compressor to fit them on to the shocks (Which I have somewhere, in my shed, if they aint rusted away or something).
I did fit a set of Spax's to a 72 spitfire I had in my youth

@ pieman, yeah, i'm gonan have to skip the geo for a bit cuz of cash, but it will be have to be done at some point!
Old 17-08-2011, 12:53 PM
Platinum Member

A mate sells Teins and bc's... He only recommends the Teins but will fit the BC's

Tein Superstreets for me, had the cusco's on my RA and it use to skip across the road
Old 17-08-2011, 01:03 PM
Silver Member

Tein Basic are too hard for our roads,i've tried these on EVO and has been too hard,Tein Monoflex or Superstreet will be more suited for our roads.

If i go again for coilovers i would go for KW V3/KW Clubsport,EXE-TC or AST...

Jura
Old 17-08-2011, 01:15 PM
Platinum Member

why not buy a set of standard wrx shock and springs for £40 bang them on and save up abit more??
Old 17-08-2011, 03:04 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooby doo View Post
why not buy a set of standard wrx shock and springs for £40 bang them on and save up abit more??
cuz the twins are due around december/january and if i havent saved up n got the shocks by then (Along with a load of other stuff I need 2 save up for) then i'll never get the car on 2 new shocks !

I agree with other peoples comments about teins being hard. thats what i have on there atm and they are way hard ! there was a new speedbump I wqent over one day that made the car bounce quite a bit n i'm sure that + the tein's stiffness is what made it go in the 1st place
Old 17-08-2011, 04:29 PM
Platinum Member

Get the Bc then dude as others say they are a good mid way coil over and im sure you will be happy, JRM are offering a free geo and fitting if you buy the bc's from them maybe worth looking into them and maybe sweet talk them into a cash deal
Old 17-08-2011, 06:56 PM
Silver Member

cheers for the info bu I wanna fit them myself and theres no point in a geo yet as I wanna re-bush the suspension in a month or so, which would throw the geo out again.