South East Scoobies  

Go Back   South East Scoobies > The Garage > Engine Management

Engine Management For all your mapping,diagnostics and electronics

Old 10-09-2008, 10:43 PM
Regular User

Default Fun times ahead!!!!

With the prospect of a new job on the cards (and more money to boot) i am going to treat the scoob to a few goodies!

Whats everyones opinion on launch control/anti lag. Bearing in mind i don't mind if the turbo goes bang as i would then upgrade,or the clutch and not bothered about the noise. Just seems a fun thing to have.

I know these need mapping to work but can they be turned on/off with a switch?

I want to keep the car at around 350 bhp (400 on new turbo) eventually so don't want BIG power but want to make the most of what i have.

Also thinking of roll cage to firm it up abit and anti lift kit for the engine.

All help welcome guys.........

Pete
Old 11-09-2008, 08:30 PM
Admin, Meets/Events Organiser.... formerly known as SilverSurfer

Default Re: Fun times ahead!!!!

The cheapest ECU that can supply ALS and LC is the Simtek.
This is about £1000 fitted and mapped but additonal £150+VAT is required for the Anti-Lag System (which includes launch control).

Other options are GEMS and MOTEC but then your getting on for £1800-£2500. These are really designed for v.serious mods or motorsport.
Old 11-09-2008, 08:35 PM
Silver Member

Maybe cheaper to use a flamer kit
Old 11-09-2008, 08:53 PM
Admin, Meets/Events Organiser.... formerly known as SilverSurfer

Apexi PFC can be made to Pop/Bang on over-run. But the 1993-1996 ECU does quite a nice job of that itself as it seems to inject more fuel then the later ECU. Probably an emissions control thing.
Old 13-09-2008, 10:07 AM
Regular User

I see, was it you who mapped chris's 555. That thing pops and bangs like i've never heard. It more for the effect with me so maybe i'll just get a apexi and overrun. Might be a bit cheaper.

Mine used to pop and bang but when i got my centre decat (already had decat down pipe) it stopped, i assume this is because i need a map?