South East Scoobies  

Go Back   South East Scoobies > The Showroom > Projects

Projects Tell us about your cars mods, past, present and future!

Old 08-08-2012, 09:06 AM
Moderator (formerly known as Bluebugeye!)

Default BlueBugEye's Project Thread Building a BugEye

Hoping to use this thread as a blog of the development of the car - I will copy this across to the new forum once it's running.
Date
Cars was purchased after going out to look at Audi S3's - it turned out you could get a lot more Impreza on lower milage for less money!
The car was left alone for some time before the headlights were swapped for JDM HIDs and a replica OE front splitter and JDM S202 grille were fitted. At the same time to increase the grumble a TSL Group N Back box was fitted.

Date
The initial impressions of limitless power (I'd come from a 2.0 converted 8V MKII Golf) soon wore off and a trip to PowerStation soon followed for their Stage 1 upgrade - Milltek 3' Sports Catted exhaust, De-Cat (Magnex) Up-Pipe, Walbro Fuel Pump, K & N Filter and a ProDrive 3 port boost solenoid were fitted and mapped.

Last edited by SpecB; 08-08-2012 at 10:16 AM.
Old 08-08-2012, 10:05 AM

Default 2009

Again the car was left alone for a while apart from a set of Lexus style rear lights (sorry) and finally a replacement rear STi style spoiler (Scoobyworld)

April 2009
The front splitter from the car had now been removed and found it way to a certian StevePPP before my first SES meet! In preparation the car was cleaned and polished (Autoglym I knew no better then!) I also added a Zunsport lower Grille and Carbon effect front fog covers thinking it would now be up to standard. No such luck! On arrival it soon became apparent that I needed to lower the car!

The change of rear lights looked better though!

And some may remember when the SLG looked like this......

May 2009
The meet had really shown up the state of the paintwork on the car so a bit of an eBay/internet spending spree resulted in the following arriving:

Then it was off to the body shop (Dukes Autos in Middleton) the result was first seen at the ESC Brighton run on the 24th having picked the car up at 7pm the night before!

Rocking the spoiler-less look as the original had gone back to Scoobyworld due to a paint defect:

June 2009
After the embarrassing ride height of the May meet and a couple of moments on track at Brands with the brakes the car was again off the road for fitment of AP racing 330mm 4pots (I planned to keep the 17s) and a set of BC coilovers the OE wheels were also 'refurbished' at the Gatwick/Japperformance parts open day:

Sept 2009
Tinted!

Dec 2009
After narrowly loosing out to Frenchie at JapBash I decided it had to be my wheels that let the car down so after a great deal at Revolution on the last few sets of PFF7s they were fitted!

Old 08-08-2012, 10:06 AM

Default 2010

Jan 2010
A trip to GRD in search of more power resulted in the fitting of a set of STI Pink Injectors, APS SR40 (otherwise know as the wrong turbo), Perrin Parallel fuel rails and a Pat Herborne ReMap.

Feb 2010
Spool on the 'new' turbo was appalling so with a bit of help from Mr C.J. himself a Spec C Manifold was fitted along with 'custom' brackets to take the Perrin Fuel rails and a Samco silicone intake, at the same time I also took the car to SMD for the first time to have a set of Harvey Smith Ported headers and matched up-pipe fitted after a further map by JGM there was a bit of a difference!

Ring trip 2010
Oops!

End result....... thrown bearing and rebuild/new engine needed!
Sept 2010
It's Back!

Spec as follows:
Engine
Syvecs ECU (JGM)
EJ257 Block
Nitrided Sti 9 Crank
Williams Forged Rods
Weisco Pistons
Sti 8 AVCS Heads
ARP 11mm Head Studs
Cometic head Gaskets
APS SR40 Turbo
Spec C Inlet Manifold
Phenolic Spacers
Samco inlet hose
Grimmspeed AOS
Throttle body coolant bypass
Perrin Parallel fuel rails
Sti Pink injectors
Wallbro 225 Fuel Pump
High Pressure Oil pump
Milltek 3' Exhaust (sports Cat)
Hybrid FMIC
Hybrid CAK
Forge BOV
Exedy stage 1 clutch
Suspension/Handling
Eibach 23mm Front ARB
Eibach 25mm Rear ARB
Front Strut Brace
Rear Camber bolts
BC adjustable coilovers
Powerflex rear drop links
4pot AP racing 330mm front brakes
DS2500 pads
Hel braided brake lines
Exterior
Orcacri Side Skirts
Sti 8 rear spoiler
S202 front Grille
JDM Sti HID lights
Prodrive PFF7 18's
Sti 7 Scoop

Old 08-08-2012, 10:06 AM

Default 2011

March 2011
Update with 6 Speed box, Pennine Fuel rails and Fuel-lab FPR fitted at SMD.

Turning up the boost with JGM.

April 2011
Oil cooler fitted in front of Radiator and Prosport Gauges (Oil temp/Pressure) plus intercooler painted black (Eastwood Radiator paint)

May 2011
Bit of an update to the exterior:

August 2011
Thanks to Anger now with a MD321x fitted with 76mm intake and a touch more JGM magic:

Also an update to the rear end in the shape of a Orcacri rear spoiler with plated and painted boot by total paintworks:

Last edited by SpecB; 08-08-2012 at 10:15 AM.
Old 08-08-2012, 10:07 AM

Default 2012

August 2012
Finally got to do a few minor bits on mine.
Removed the towbar ready for Gonza and bypassed the charcoal canister (as I no longer have a bracket for it).

My line to the manifold is no longer connected as I have no purge solenoid, what I've now done is Tee'd the two larger pipes in the image above together and removed the canister.
Quick job just finished from this......

To this......

October 2012
You can never stop fiddling with your knob!

Last edited by SpecB; 10-10-2012 at 06:02 PM. Reason: Update
Old 08-08-2012, 10:32 AM

Just got hold of a set of GT Spec headers from scabby net should be with me by the end of the week. Just need to have a chat with Alyn to get one of the Harvey up-pipes sorted.
Custom exhaust - Cosworth filter - Samco Intake - Tints - Bilstein B8/B6 & STI springs - SuperPro ALK - Whiteline positive shift kit, rack mounts, rear adjustable camber bushes, front ARB mounts & strut brace, 20mm rear ARB with AVO mounts, - Hardrace Gearbox and pitch mounts - Prodrive PFF7's - Front Brembos - Kenwood CarPlay - 1/2 carbon grille - STI front splitter

Last edited by SpecB; 24-01-2013 at 07:05 PM.
Old 08-08-2012, 10:33 AM

Time for a change?
Custom exhaust - Cosworth filter - Samco Intake - Tints - Bilstein B8/B6 & STI springs - SuperPro ALK - Whiteline positive shift kit, rack mounts, rear adjustable camber bushes, front ARB mounts & strut brace, 20mm rear ARB with AVO mounts, - Hardrace Gearbox and pitch mounts - Prodrive PFF7's - Front Brembos - Kenwood CarPlay - 1/2 carbon grille - STI front splitter