South East Scoobies  

Go Back   South East Scoobies > General Forums > General Car / Scooby Chat

General Car / Scooby Chat General chat, car related. Threads posted in here may well be re-directed to a more relevant home.

Old 01-03-2011, 11:09 AM
Silver Member

Default Wheel sprayer

Does anybody know of a decent wheel sprayer, was thinking of getting a quote to just get the inside of my wheels sprayed....
Old 01-03-2011, 11:30 AM
The Nurburgring JUDGE!

Give me ten minutes, just found some spray paint in the warehouse... I'll pop out to the car park and do them for you...
Old 01-03-2011, 12:02 PM
worzel

Yooooou da man Stiggy!
Old 01-03-2011, 12:13 PM
Gold Member

are you going 2 paint them the same as your car then tyler as i think they would look wicked.and a lick of paint is cheaper than having 2 buy some new wheels.show some pics when done
Old 01-03-2011, 02:26 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stiggy View Post
Give me ten minutes, just found some spray paint in the warehouse... I'll pop out to the car park and do them for you...
Stiggy keep your dirty mits off dirty wheels... lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by didlo View Post
are you going 2 paint them the same as your car then tyler as i think they would look wicked.and a lick of paint is cheaper than having 2 buy some new wheels.show some pics when done

Sure am buddy if i can find someone to do it for me. If not then will try and do them myself.... a lil scared about that but if anyone has any pointers would be greatful, i know the basics but for wheels i am un sure... Was thinking of doing that a while back but was not sure, like you said it is deffinatley cheaper... Cheers for reminding me fella...
Old 01-03-2011, 04:41 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler View Post
Sure am buddy if i can find someone to do it for me. If not then will try and do them myself.... a lil scared about that but if anyone has any pointers would be greatful, i know the basics but for wheels i am un sure... Was thinking of doing that a while back but was not sure, like you said it is deffinatley cheaper... Cheers for reminding me fella...
Id offer to spray them for you fella but ive got 2 sets still to do my self, if you know how to spray youll be fine just make sure you spend that extra bit of time masking up and the thing im not to good at is patience
Old 01-03-2011, 06:18 PM
admin

wait for Andy he does a good job for DIY
Old 02-03-2011, 01:29 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyWRX View Post
Id offer to spray them for you fella but ive got 2 sets still to do my self, if you know how to spray youll be fine just make sure you spend that extra bit of time masking up and the thing im not to good at is patience
Thanks Andy.... Was thinking of going spit and polish, herd that they are not so bad... Still just dont know... :shrug:
Old 03-03-2011, 09:42 AM
Regular User

I know of a wheel sprayer/refurbisher near Milton Keynes. The two sets of wheels I have seen which were done by him were spot on, top quality jobs.
Old 03-03-2011, 10:06 AM
Silver Member

Cheers buddy, will keep that in mind but just a little far to drop the wheel off as i live down scummy south London..
Old 05-03-2011, 12:39 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Cheers buddy, will keep that in mind but just a little far to drop the wheel off as i live down scummy south London..
Where I originate from
Old 05-03-2011, 12:47 PM
Silver Member

What part mate?
Old 05-03-2011, 01:01 PM
Silver Member

I would have a go yourself,just take your time,and then when you kerb them you dont seem to cry for that long
Old 05-03-2011, 01:05 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooby999 View Post
I would have a go yourself,just take your time,and then when you kerb them you dont seem to cry for that long
Lol. That's a good point but I'm only want to do the centre part.
Old 05-03-2011, 01:14 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Lol. That's a good point but I'm only want to do the centre part.
Go on you know you want to,masking tape them up carefully and away you go ,and on a plus side if you **** them up give them to a sprayer and you have only wasted a few cans of paint.
Also this would then free up more money to spend on something else on the car.
Old 05-03-2011, 01:35 PM
Regular User

Quote:
What part mate?
Dulwich, Forest Hill & Brockley.
Old 05-03-2011, 01:36 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooby999 View Post
Go on you know you want to,masking tape them up carefully and away you go ,and on a plus side if you **** them up give them to a sprayer and you have only wasted a few cans of paint.
Also this would then free up more money to spend on something else on the car.
That does sound like a good option
Old 05-03-2011, 09:54 PM
Regular User

Well its not too hard to do it DIY, just VERY time consuming! just done a friends wheel for him but took a long time (did the whole wheel, including removing curbing) looked great though! about a week after a car drove into his while parked and curbed the others. The garage did the others but couldn't believe the one i did was a diy job!

The site I used as a guide was: http://chrishowells.co.uk/?page_id=252