South East Scoobies  

Go Back   South East Scoobies > General Forums > Non Scooby / Non Car Related

Non Scooby / Non Car Related Anything Non-Scooby related.

Old 02-12-2015, 08:01 AM
Platinum Member

Default Airstrikes?

The so called big vote today

So, will we be joining the airstrikes.............

Yes / No

think they should consider joining the Germans?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oM1suDu-G6k

Last edited by thepieman; 02-12-2015 at 08:10 AM.
Old 02-12-2015, 08:32 AM
Platinum Member

Is air strikes enough?
I totally agree that something needs to be done as these people are awfull in what there doing, but what ripple will this cause?
Old 02-12-2015, 09:11 AM
Gold Member

We have to do something, I agree with airstrikes, but its not the answer. We make muslims very welcome in the UK and to a lesser degree in France. It would be nice to see the muslim community out on the streets in mass protesting against the killings in Paris.
Old 02-12-2015, 09:37 AM
Admin, Meets/Events Organiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by thepieman View Post
think they should consider joining the Germans?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oM1suDu-G6k
wtf

I agree with Frenchie... we need to do something. But it'll take more than airstrikes on selected targets.
Old 02-12-2015, 09:42 AM
Platinum Member

Is air strikes enough?

perhaps levelling the place is the best option?

or maybe something simple as stop sending billions of pounds in so called aid payments, as I expect that would have a larger effect...!
Old 02-12-2015, 09:54 AM
Platinum Member

Your right Ron that's a good start,
Old 02-12-2015, 09:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thepieman View Post
or maybe something simple as stop sending billions of pounds in so called aid payments, as I expect that would have a larger effect...!
Where/how much aid we send to developing countries is another mess entirely...

One of the problems with ISIS is that they seem to have control over oil rich areas - I'm sure there's plenty of dodgy dealings going on to generate cash.
Old 02-12-2015, 10:14 AM
Gold Member

Airstrikes are not the answer, too much collateral damage and more displacement of innocents.

We need to go after the people / countries that are funding them. The rumour is
Turkey have been buying oil from them.

All the recent shots are rows and rows of new Toyota pickups...

Cut off their supplies I say.
Old 02-12-2015, 11:32 AM
Bronze Member

airstrikes will go ahead i think but if it was me i would vote no

there is no 70 thou force of troops to battle isis with , its fictional and based on figures of troops fighting assad

how can we go into a fresh arena of war saying we eventually aim to replace a regime that is fully backed by russia - it cant end well

unfortunately in these areas we dont understand the culture or local history - iraq is a prime example of us creating a power vacuum and wasting so many lives only to withdraw and allow gaddafi,s/hussein,s troops to reform under the isis banner

unbelievable on the news today government ministers still advocating war for precision strikes on terrorist training camps - Really do they expect us to believe isis have nice neat little training grounds with black flags flying where they all accumulate to discuss bombs over their sheesha pipe ?

i dont understand why turkey as a nato member isnt being forced to close the porous border there and thats ignoring the downing of the russian plane and the supplying arms and buying oil from isis etc

turkey is key because they could truce with the kurds and release the kurds to fight isis but its more likely the way turkey is headed it will be the next part of the area to get infected by isis (isit)

dont forget two years ago all these arguments were taken to parliament to bomb assad - now look whats gonna happen its sheer lunacy

either turkey comes inline or its gonna get real messy real fast with no hope of a positive outcome

a full plan is needed including boots on the ground to eradicate as many of the is vermin as possible but history still tells us it wont fix anything

its basically a continuation of the holy wars imo

no chance of any success unless our side accepts assad has to stay ( better the devil you know) and the turks play ball as any other option just brings us into direct conflict with the russkies and putin has an axe to grind re the downed fighter and russian leaders historically arent backwards about ordering thousands of their troops into battle to face a certain death and the worry is if nato butts against russia it will quickly expand to two fronts ie ukraine and baltic area

very worrying times atm but sending four or five bombers to syria based on rerolled rhetoric and misinformation isnt even going to be a sticking plaster to that situation

and ps - close the frickin borders already before all our cities look like raqqa

2005 wrx300 2.0 with ppp - SOLD june 2015

daily driver - new astra 136 elite nav - GONE THANK GOD

DAILY DRIVER 2019 - BMW 220d xdrive active sport

fun - v6 shogun swb - FOR SALE @ April 2019 - £2000

Last edited by oldskool; 02-12-2015 at 11:36 AM.
Old 02-12-2015, 12:56 PM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortster View Post
Airstrikes are not the answer, too much collateral damage and more displacement of innocents.
Agreed.

In addition, it just stirs up further hostility. The previous fifteen years or so has hardly curtailed things. Why will this time be any different?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortster View Post
We need to go after the people / countries that are funding them. The rumour is
Turkey have been buying oil from them.

All the recent shots are rows and rows of new Toyota pickups...

Cut off their supplies I say.
Also agreed as without the tools to train and cause destruction the movement becomes toothless (or significantly restricted).

I cannot see how Britain joining in with air strikes will make a positive impact on the situation, so why do it? I don't feel we need to be "part of the club" on this one personally.
Old 02-12-2015, 01:17 PM
Platinum Member

I know exactly where they can stick there air strikes as they do to much collateral damage , killing innocent people where as if you send the ground troops in you take the fight to them taking the area and holding it while taking out selected targets with more accurate fire power . As for Iraq we never withdrew from the country as we still have been doing 6 months tours just it was kept low key as Afghan was the main focus .

1998 UK Turbo , 1998 Terzo , 1997 JDM Type R the money pit , 2004 black WRX STI Type UK , 2004 blue FSTI
Old 02-12-2015, 06:00 PM
It Tick's All His Boxes.....or Scratches Another Itch.

Airstrikes, is a publicity gimic imo, just to show solidarity, and even with 'pinpoint' bombing it will have civilian casualties. So a no vote from me.

Use our intelligence services, Send in the special covert forces, infiltrate them and put spies in the camp, and take them out at there heart. Don't advertise it, don't shout about it, bend the rules of engagement, hurt them hard and hurt them fast.
Old 02-12-2015, 06:15 PM
Events / Ring Trip Organiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobEvo5 View Post
Airstrikes, is a publicity gimic imo, just to show solidarity, and even with 'pinpoint' bombing it will have civilian casualties. So a no vote from me.

Use our intelligence services, Send in the special covert forces, infiltrate them and put spies in the camp, and take them out at there heart. Don't advertise it, don't shout about it, bend the rules of engagement, hurt them hard and hurt them fast.
Old 02-12-2015, 06:18 PM
Silver Member

You will never beat people who have no fear of dying.
Somebody has to have a go though, whether its airstrikes or troops on the ground, people are beginning to adapt their lifes around terror threats which is wrong. I certainly will not.
Old 02-12-2015, 07:22 PM
Admin, Meets/Events Organiser.... formerly known as SilverSurfer

Send in the Typhoons......it'll keep me busy and also lead to follow on work and additional capability requirements. More employment opportunities in th UK
Old 02-12-2015, 08:47 PM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobEvo5 View Post
I'd be astonished if that's not already happening to some extent.

Look at how "Jihadi John" was hit. The sorts of operations underlying that kind of thing must all be intelligence led.
Old 03-12-2015, 08:30 AM
Authorised Trader

what difference does a few planes carrying RAF roundels instead of US or French isignia make??

cant recall who said it / where i heard it but dont treat them as a country or official in any way
these people thrive on publicity and instilling fear in their enemies (and their own most like to keep them inline) - dont give them the satisfaction of a "war" simply keep it all low key and do to them as they seem happy to do to others, small agile forces that strike at the very heart and then disappear

ASPerformance 0191-4103770
PELTOR, PFC BRAKES, PAGID MOTUL, FERODO, SPEEDLINE, TRS, MINTEX, PIAA, HELLA, TEIN, WHITELINE, SUPER-PRO, MILLERS OILS
online shop!!
Old 03-12-2015, 10:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott.T View Post
Send in the Typhoons......it'll keep me busy and also lead to follow on work and additional capability requirements. More employment opportunities in th UK
Turned on the TV this morning to see the Typhoons taking off from Lossiemouth for Cyprus so looks like you'll be busy then
Old 03-12-2015, 11:13 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott.T View Post
Must keep watching the news for those Typhoons bearing the SES stickers
Old 03-12-2015, 09:38 PM
Bronze Member

What does it matter what we think its not going make any difference. There going.
Old 04-12-2015, 08:10 PM
It Tick's All His Boxes.....or Scratches Another Itch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by asperformance View Post
what difference does a few planes carrying RAF roundels instead of US or French isignia make??

cant recall who said it / where i heard it but dont treat them as a country or official in any way
these people thrive on publicity and instilling fear in their enemies (and their own most like to keep them inline) - dont give them the satisfaction of a "war" simply keep it all low key and do to them as they seem happy to do to others, small agile forces that strike at the very heart and then disappear
+1 Totally Agree.. Any kind of diplomacy, or 'let's have cupa tea and talk' kind of approach that Jeremy Corbin might be deluded in thinking is possible is wasted on these nutjob's that claim to act in the name of religion. "Evil" depending on your beliefs whether it be in the biblical extent or literal extent needs to be eliminated from humanity/society to allow us to all live a better humane life.

Wow.. That's a bit Heavy for a Friday night. Now where's that bottle of Merlot gone