South East Scoobies  

Go Back   South East Scoobies > General Forums > General Car / Scooby Chat

General Car / Scooby Chat General chat, car related. Threads posted in here may well be re-directed to a more relevant home.

Old 28-01-2009, 06:19 PM
Platinum Member

Default Saloonies section

I would like to comment and have an opinion as a saloonie driver, who feels a little left out by all the wagon talk.

I think imho that us saloonies, vast hordes that we are, deserve a section to ourselves, straight talking no nonsense but still as mad to coinside with the wagon squadron and there section.

I give my full respect of the wagon squadron for going alone against inferior cars such as ( dont want to mention their name as will have to wash my mouth out with soap) mitsi something or other, but you should have called us for back up.

We will always be around and there are lots of us, so come on, fairs fair in the subaru world.

Old 28-01-2009, 06:52 PM
Events / Ring Trip Organiser

Default Re: Saloonies section

I think the WAGONERS will win

Hands down on the madness front.
Old 28-01-2009, 08:25 PM
Platinum Member

Some interesting points there Baz, although I am sad that you can feel left out by all the wagon talk, when the wagon talk is supposed to be in the one place (555 Wagon Squadron) in General Forums. And there is a warning posted in the text advising you not to go in there. It is not for the "normal" or "faint-hearted".

If you feel that the "wagon talk" is appearing elsewhere in the forum rather than in it's own "place" then I am sure we can restrict it. If you give us some examples of where "wagon talk" is in the wrong place, then we can act.

I am not sure I understand "straight talking no nonsense but still as mad" as I am not sure the three elements go together!

To foster the spirit of co-operation between the saloonies and wagoners I am currently liaising with "No-bars" Simpleton, with a view to getting the Squadron Legal Eagles to draw up an agreement relating to the conditions necessary for us to call for saloonie back-up when one of our pilots is set upon by "baddies".

You probably know the process whereby the ambulance service often position their vehicles at the roadside in places where they can cover for other ambulance stations when local vehicles are busy on call. Well we could have a rota whereby saloonies park across the county at various strategic points, so when the wagons are out on patrol they are never too far from a supporting saloonie. After all, saloons far outweigh the wagons in terms of popularity and numbers. We would feel a lot safer then!

Waddya think?
Old 28-01-2009, 08:27 PM
Platinum Member

OH NO!!!! MORE WAGON TALK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 28-01-2009, 09:12 PM
Platinum Member

Just to set the record straight, us saloonies have a madness all of our own, its called trying to understand the wagon talk madness

We are happy to stand-by and come to any wagon in distress in the form of a scramble if the need arises.

Just got bored and wanted to see how this would go, I would not like to join the ranks of the elite wagon crew, but I am willing to support you.

This saloonie out, over
Old 28-01-2009, 09:29 PM
Bronze Member

Thank you 666sabaru i didnt have a clue what they were talking about but i do now i once was a wagon owner but now im a saloonie
[img]http://i223.photobucket.com/albums/dd79/mitsyloo/scoobyLolly.jpg[/img][img]http://i223.photobucket.com/albums/dd79/mitsyloo/lollyone.jpg[/img][img]http://i223.photobucket.com/albums/dd79/mitsyloo/SP_A0025-1.jpg[/img]
Old 28-01-2009, 11:25 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LollyMccray
Thank you 666sabaru i didnt have a clue what they were talking about but i do now i once was a wagon owner but now im a saloonie
Any time mate, good to have you in the saloonie club
Old 28-01-2009, 11:46 PM
Bronze Member

i dont understand any of this, i think u are all bloody bonkers as non of it makes any sense.
Old 29-01-2009, 08:08 AM
Admin, Meets/Events Organiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2pac
i think u are all bloody bonkers as non of it makes any sense.
thats what i think every time i read a wagon thread

nutters!
Old 29-01-2009, 09:36 AM
worzel

Blimey, didn't see this one coming!

Baz, while I understand what you are talking about, you are in a website that is predominantly saloon orientated. Every other scooby website is based around saloons also.

What we have done is provide a home for one of the South Easts most reknowned bunch of headbangers and it is great to see the group steadily growing and taking on more recruits. It seems to be drawing people to the website which is great all round. This is where I think people feel they are missing something. It has not been this prevelant before and with all the banter flying about it has been great fun.

Now then, I will gladly put the idea to the team about a saloonies section and I am sure there will not be any people who go against the idea. What I would say though as a word of warning, is the fact that if it is to compliment the Wagon Squadron or to (for want of a better word) compete with it, it WILL need a lot of organisation. The Wagon Squadron is a pretty self sufficient bunch who attend meets and the like all over the place. An awful lot of hard work and dedication goes into the things they do. We have a great laugh looking at the results but probably don't appreciate just how difficult some of this stuff is to arrange.

As stated above, I see no problems in getting the section started (mods team allowing it of course) but my biggest questions are -

Who is going to be the Saloonies driving force?
Have you got any ideas for what you want to do with it? (shows / meets etc)
Old 29-01-2009, 09:53 AM
Chocks Chockington

Wagon Squadron Roooooooooooooooooooooools!!!!
Old 29-01-2009, 09:58 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by worzel
Blimey, didn't see this one coming!

Baz, while I understand what you are talking about, you are in a website that is predominantly saloon orientated. Every other scooby website is based around saloons also.

What we have done is provide a home for one of the South Easts most reknowned bunch of headbangers and it is great to see the group steadily growing and taking on more recruits. It seems to be drawing people to the website which is great all round. This is where I think people feel they are missing something. It has not been this prevelant before and with all the banter flying about it has been great fun.

Now then, I will gladly put the idea to the team about a saloonies section and I am sure there will not be any people who go against the idea. What I would say though as a word of warning, is the fact that if it is to compliment the Wagon Squadron or to (for want of a better word) compete with it, it WILL need a lot of organisation. The Wagon Squadron is a pretty self sufficient bunch who attend meets and the like all over the place. An awful lot of hard work and dedication goes into the things they do. We have a great laugh looking at the results but probably don't appreciate just how difficult some of this stuff is to arrange.

As stated above, I see no problems in getting the section started (mods team allowing it of course) but my biggest questions are -

Who is going to be the Saloonies driving force?
Have you got any ideas for what you want to do with it? (shows / meets etc)
Mr Worzel sir, I only intended this as a bit of a laugh, I am aware that there are more of us and that the wagon squadron are a hard working, and highly respected group who organise themselves at shows etc, so I had never any intention to see this go any further than here, I just dont have the time, and I am still considering a santa cruise which will take up a lot of time, and I feel thats more important.

I have the utmost respect for Keith and all of the Squadron for keeping us entertained, and long may it continue, even though you are all barking mad, but then again, we are all mad really
Old 29-01-2009, 10:04 AM
worzel

Baz

In fairness, it wouldn't be a bad idea. I think that it would take some organising for someone though.

I thought you really wanted to do it
Old 29-01-2009, 11:07 AM
Regular User

I say Baz Old Chap! Jolly gosh and wumple sticks to you for sticking out the old gizzard and putting your arm in the chunter passage. Good on ya!

All for a bit of banter from the saloonies - fine bunch if you ask me, what!

If you decide to take this off the ground, a few pointers. You will need a different salute to those used by the Squadron, and you will need different colours. Many is the time SussexScoobies (also black and yellow theme) saloon members would, by mistake, walk into a Squadron tent by mistake (being also black and yellow), and we would have to get the local mental health team to come and remove them! Some never recovered fully from the experience, I can tell you! I sometimes see them wandering aimlessly in supermarkets around the county, by jove!

So firstly, you need to learn all the Squadron salutes so you can devise different ones! Here are some examples:
[img]http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e308/Krud1/141006006a.jpg[/img]
[img]http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e308/Krud1/141006090.jpg[/img]
[img]http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e308/Krud1/141006098a.jpg[/img]
[img]http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e308/Krud1/Jul1208005.jpg[/img]
[img]http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e308/Krud1/DSC07368.jpg[/img]

You will then need to ensure that no saloonie equipment could be confused with Squadron equipment. In untrained hands this stuff is lethal. Just look at it!
[img]http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e308/Krud1/DSC07360.jpg[/img]
[img]http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e308/Krud1/040207004.jpg[/img]
[img]http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e308/Krud1/040207006.jpg[/img]
[img]http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e308/Krud1/081206006.jpg[/img]
[img]http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e308/Krud1/Jul0807088.jpg[/img]
[img]http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e308/Krud1/Oct1307028.jpg[/img]

Anyway, Baz old bean, you are a fine fella and I am happy to train you in the Squadron salutes at your convenience. Give me a ring on 555-555555 anytime! What!
Old 29-01-2009, 12:39 PM
worzel

Old 29-01-2009, 01:42 PM
Platinum Member

Nice one, thanks for the offer but no, dont think ill take you up on it as my phone would have to be installed with a scrambling device so other saloonies would not be aware of our conversation and if found out I would be banished and left to wander the streets in fear of revenge attacks.
Old 29-01-2009, 01:50 PM
Silver Member

Well after that feel more of a loonie than a saloonie

i dont have a clue just leave me in a corner somewhere