South East Scoobies  

Go Back   South East Scoobies > The Garage > Engine Management

Engine Management For all your mapping,diagnostics and electronics

Old 27-08-2020, 08:47 PM
Bronze Member

Default Innovate Analog Output

I made the connection of the analog output of the Wideband Innovate MTX Plus. Everything is done well but I had a doubt when programming this outing.
You have options to set both the output voltage and the AFR / Lambda respectively.
I know that the signal that the ECU expects is from 0v to 1v. Now my question specifically is what range of AFR or lambda should I assign to each of those voltages.

What I naturally intend is to emulate the operation of the vehicle's OEM oxygen sensor with the analog output of the MTX wideband.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg programmer_analog_screen.jpg (26.8 KB, 2 views)
Old 31-08-2020, 03:17 PM
Bronze Member

After making records and seeing the behavior in two different subarus I managed to configure and share the value where it correctly emulates the OEM sensor of the vehicle, taking into account any difference in offset due to grounding and others.
In those values ​​it works well in close loop, I managed to emulate the original sensor.

I was observing that an older innovate model has a dedicated output for Emulate Narrowband Sensor but this is configured for 0.1v@15AFR & 1.1V@14 AFR output. Do not use these values ​​as the ECU does not expect values ​​above 1.0 Volt. and I have observed subaru OEM sensors using registers that they drive between 0.10mV and 950mV.

Then the ECU PIN that must be specifically entered in the MY99 & MY00 (not other models) is the PIN21 of Branch B136. In that I made an extension and a colon switch. which allows me to choose OEM o2 reading or Wideband o2 reading. All cables with their respective mesh (shielded) to avoid interference.

I share and hope it is useful if someone wants to take advantage of the programmable analog output of the Innovate wideband sensors to emulate the OEM o2. Regards
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Voltaje Output 1.jpg (100.2 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg Switch.jpg (58.9 KB, 4 views)

Last edited by viper1982; 31-08-2020 at 03:26 PM.
Old 31-08-2020, 09:37 PM
Admin, Meets/Events Organiser.... formerly known as SilverSurfer

Thanks for the info. I tried to run the narrowband output from a wideband sensor many years ago. I dont though think this was my innovate but its predecessor which I cannot recall the make. It didn't work very well as it caused an emissions test failure due to it not controlling fuelling well enough at idle.

I get round this by running the innovate in the downpipe and a OEM sensor in the header.
Old 31-08-2020, 09:51 PM
Bronze Member

what I did was place the oxygen sensor immediately at the outlet of the bellmouth. to get a quick update so you can run the emulated narrowband output. At the same time, what I also chose was to make a connection with a two-way switch, which I chose which signal to send to the ECU. at one point it is the car's oem sensor and at the other point the ecu receives the emulated signal from the innovate wideband. now I upload some photos anyway. and doing datalog records I could see that the behavior is good. there is no great advantage over the original sensor in reading. but I notice that the response time on cold starts there is a big difference. The emulated wideband output in the warm-up time "HTR" I set it to output a value of 450 mV. So that as soon as the Ecu starts up, it sees that input signal and as soon as the wideband instrument starts reading, it already outputs reading values ​​to the Ecu and normal adjustment begins. The original sensor takes a few times longer to start giving useful readings. It is something of little importance but when looking for fine hair is good.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Switch.jpg (58.9 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg Downpipe.jpg (94.1 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20200820_165853.jpg (58.2 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20200820_173735.jpg (61.9 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20200820_180433.jpg (63.0 KB, 7 views)

Last edited by viper1982; 31-08-2020 at 09:55 PM.