South East Scoobies  

Go Back   South East Scoobies > Events & Meets > Other Events

Other Events Other Regional Events, National Events, Track Days, Tunnel Runs Etc Etc

Old 18-05-2021, 09:24 PM
Bronze Member

Default 2021 trackdays

Haven't posted in a while, wanted to say I'm going on a few trackdays this year and would be good to see others on track if dates work

07Jun Brands GP (Impreza)
10Jun Brands Indy (Clio)
18Jun Snetterton (Impreza)
21Jul Snetterton (Impreza)
19Aug Snetterton (Impreza)
23Aug Bedford GP (BRZ)

Sent from my XQ-AS52 using Tapatalk

Last edited by georgehawkins27; 19-05-2021 at 12:18 AM.
Old 20-05-2021, 06:55 PM
Bronze Member

That's a far amount of track days lol. I want to do Snetterton. Post the organiser as well mate
Old 20-05-2021, 07:49 PM
Events / Ring Trip Organiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgehawkins27 View Post
Haven't posted in a while, wanted to say I'm going on a few trackdays this year and would be good to see others on track if dates work

10Jun Brands Indy (Clio)
23Aug Bedford GP (BRZ)

Thats good going mate,

Keep it on the black stuff..
Old 20-05-2021, 10:37 PM
Formerly STIWR1

Car update pls

Quote:

10Jun Brands Indy (Clio)
23Aug Bedford GP (BRZ)

Old 24-05-2021, 12:41 AM
Bronze Member

Here you go Dean 😉😁

Quote:

07Jun Brands GP (Impreza): RMA
10Jun Brands Indy (Clio): Track Obsession
18Jun Snetterton (Impreza): Open Track
21Jul Snetterton (Impreza): Javelin
19Aug Snetterton (Impreza): Track Obsession
23Aug Bedford GP (BRZ): Javelin

Old 24-05-2021, 01:03 AM
Bronze Member

Long post warning, I needed little egging on 🙄😂

Mar2020 --> Bedford. Clearly had pitted discs again, despite refurbing old calipers and using my track brake pads (same as from last Ring trip). As it's quite easy on the brakes, still a good day. Planning to replace calipers so just using up gear and living with the early and careful braking
May2020 --> Snetterton. Pitted discs really ruin braking in Snetterton, but good trackday nonetheless.
Jun2020 --> Decided on AP Racing 330mm 6pot BBK instead of Ksport. Due to COVID my garage couldn't get brakes from AP (who they preferred to deal with) until Nov2020.
Nov2020 --> Garage asked me to wait until Jan2021 due to backlog. At this point trackday season was over and Paul at Extreme Scoobies has always been good to me so I agreed, but also paid him the 3K for the BBK upfront.
Dec2020 --> MOT failure, emissions. Knocked the cat going over first speed bump post fitting my coilovers... should've known the airleak would do me dirty.
Feb2021 --> No call in January from Paul, asked me to wait until lockdown was over. Trackday season still hadn't started so agreed, I've no idea what **** COVID might have put him\his family through.
Mar2021 --> With restrictions lifting I asked Paul to book it in or I need to go elsewhere
Apr2021 --> After battery dying due to lack of use (no MOT), finally got it to Paul...

Work to be done:
BBK, decat, new exhaust, then remap (will book via Duncan at Race Dynamics I believe).

All in all, it's been a very frustrating wait and I'm very itchy to get back behind the wheel of my own car on track again...Done a trackday and rally day since May2020, but now my simulator is just not cutting the mustard 😂

Nearly packed it in and sold it early April because an M2 Comp in the exact specs I want came up...But where I park my neighbour keeps scratching my car, and with a beaten scoob I can just about live with it...I'd also be unable to afford things to go wrong on the Comp if I bought one, so decided to sit on it for at least another year, ideally moving to a place with a drive instead of my current narrow bay (around the corner, out of sight\no ability to put cameras on). Only have one space, so already park the BRZ on a random road away from home...There is a drawback to living in city's! 😂

Old 25-05-2021, 06:50 PM
Bronze Member

Quote:
Here you go Dean 😉😁

Thanks, I will try and see if I can get on a Snetterton date with you in the impreza, failing that shared mx5
Old 25-05-2021, 10:49 PM
Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HYDROSCOBY View Post
Thanks, I will try and see if I can get on a Snetterton date with you in the impreza, failing that shared mx5
Let me know 😁