South East Scoobies  

Go Back   South East Scoobies > The Studio > Videos

Videos Post your videos here. No Adult / NSFW

Old 24-01-2011, 06:54 PM
It Tick's All His Boxes.....or Scratches Another Itch.

Default Fq320 v wr1

Loads of scoob v Evo clips on youtube which are all interesting and a good watch. But outcome will always be dependent on level of mods. I'm sure there are plenty of scoob clips blitzing Evo's as well. But whatever your thoughts, I thought this was a good watch for a like for like.

Last edited by RobEvo5; 24-01-2011 at 07:52 PM. Reason: caption
Old 24-01-2011, 09:41 PM
Bronze Member

Boooooo! Haha no doubt about it, the Evo is a track weapon but most motoring journalists say that the impreza is a better road car? Horses for courses as they say....or something...
Old 25-01-2011, 08:28 AM
worzel

Also....... we are talking about a WR1

As has been said by many people including myself, the Evo straight out of the box is a better car without any doubt. With minor suspension tweaks though, the scooby is every bit as good
Old 25-01-2011, 08:55 AM
Silver Member

its the colour makes the scooby slower lol
Old 25-01-2011, 09:12 AM
worzel

Quote:
Originally Posted by simonairheadz View Post
its the colour makes the scooby slower lol
Yep!

Thats why Subaru picked such a gay colour
Old 25-01-2011, 09:25 AM
Platinum Member

Only old men like that colour.....
Old 25-01-2011, 10:20 AM
worzel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anger View Post
Only old men like that colour.....
Old Orange Men!
Old 25-01-2011, 10:21 AM

He's not taken the bait!

Thought that clip might stir things up a little on a scoob site
Old 25-01-2011, 10:36 AM
worzel

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobEvo5 View Post
He's not taken the bait!

Thought that clip might stir things up a little on a scoob site
No he hasn't has he! He has heard it all before I suppose, just once or twice

Subaru made a huge mistake with the WR1 to be honest (all joking aside now) in the fact they didn't make it more sorted out of the box, like the Evo obviously is. The clip says it all really, 4hp down which is no major shakes, but the Evo plants what it has so much better.
Old 25-01-2011, 01:04 PM
Nige

Brave man putting that on here Rob. I like it That was a very good time for the Evo & still stands today for the Scoob v Evo shoot outs. Not even the new models come close same bhp ect. That Evo like the Wr1 is the top of the range [bhp alike] unless you get into the spec C's & RS's. The MR has different suspension, sayc, Fr lsd, cams, turbo, pistons, gearbox, interior, lights, exhaust, wheels & even the roof compaired to a std or even FQ models. A better comparison for me would have been the STI & FQ300/320. Dont think the Evo would be so far in front.
Dont know about you Rob when i picked mine up from Doncaster i was gutted what a pile o ****e. I thought i must of had rose tinted glasses on when i had my lap init at the Ring. I just didnt get on with it & thought what a waste of money the Scoob is a much better road car. I said to my son on the way home good job ive still got the Scoob as this thing [Evo] is being sold asap.
The last bit of the journey being the A21 & had been the only real chance for a play the whole trip. Well that was it & thats why the Scoob went

Last edited by Nige; 25-01-2011 at 01:49 PM.
Old 25-01-2011, 01:47 PM
worzel

I think it's great that you can post threads on here, without having to put a tin hat on and getting loads of abuse hurled at you. If anything, poor old Ian is getting most of the flak and he's not said a thing!

It's what makes this place unique in my honest opinion.

Evo's are still **** though!
Old 25-01-2011, 02:36 PM
Platinum Member

That caged up RG motorsports Evo9 couldnt keep up at the ring... Cant see vid, but if its the TG one i dont trust there findings anyway, clarkson has deffo had some back handers from certain motor companies
Old 25-01-2011, 03:10 PM

lol Nige - I like to live dangerously TBH I was grining for ear to ear as soon as I took it off his drive, and and was smiling even more coming back down the A21.

Bit It is a very full on, no compromise 4 door saloon car, but then it is intended as a toy to me so it needs to feel like a bit of a toy when I'm driving it. Remember I've just come from the S2000 to this, which was nearly replaced with an Elise turbo but I opted for the EVO on many grounds, but also because I can on occassions take the wife and 3 kids in it from time to time.

Its good we can still have some banter and play nice. I'm defo not going to say one is better than the other, They both offer different things although very similar.

If I was muching up lots of miles and using it every day then I would probably prefer driving a scoob but that said if I were doing lots of miles I would probably take a completely different direction and get a BMW 335D. but heyho. But out of the box, and as rice tin fuzz box jap cars go, the Evo currently has the edge for me.
Old 25-01-2011, 03:29 PM

Love this clip as well, as much for some really close on the edge racing as much as anything else. But also think sais allot.

All of these are driven by pro racing drivers and clearly driving within and inch of there life and right on the limits. But Ironically its the factory scoob and Evo that comes out on top over the hard core versions. Very,very close between all of them so in reality its more about who is behind the wheel of the car than the car itself.