South East Scoobies  

Go Back   South East Scoobies > The Garage > General Mechanics

Old 18-07-2011, 07:53 PM
Bronze Member

Default Been away for a while

Hey everyone!

so iv been away for a while, about 2 months ago my car started making terrible noises and the engine management light came on, knew it was bad just from the sound, so i had the engine taken out and turned out had snapped one con-rod, bent another and destroyed the third cylinder..... Bad !! :/

spent the following month debating whether to repair the car ( new engine) or scrap it, cut my losses and get a nissan 350Z.

i couldnt bring myself to get rid of the scoob but really couldnt afford the repair ..... so as its my 21st birthday coming up my dad said he would pay for whatever i want to do!!!

so i have now got a EJ20 engine, Bored out at 1mm , larger forged pistons and con rods, full afterburner exhaust system ( leaving standard downpipe but removing other cats) decat up pipe, Grade 7 spark plugs, afterburner panel filter, stage 2 carbon kevlar clutch and a remap to be done when its back together.

My main question is what sorta power can i hope to get once the remap is done, as far as i know my scoob ( bug eye ) runs 208 - 215 bhp standard .........

cheers , Nick
Old 18-07-2011, 08:09 PM
Gold Member

Welcome back another gasman I'n Eastbourne
Old 18-07-2011, 09:35 PM
Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by munk View Post
Welcome back another gasman I'n Eastbourne
Cheers buddy, yer not many of us left , well not many of us with jobs anyway! Lol
Old 18-07-2011, 09:41 PM
Admin, Meets/Events Organiser.... formerly known as SilverSurfer

Welcome back and approx 280bhp absolute tops with the td04 turbo and the cat still in place.
Old 18-07-2011, 09:45 PM
Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSurfer View Post
Welcome back and approx 280bhp absolute tops with the td04 turbo and the cat still in place.
Well I'd be incredibly happy with that to be honest! Well iv heard the td06/18g is a straight swap so that's a possible option in the near future , combine with some 660cc injectors and the cat out I'm guessing I'd be over 300bhp then?
Old 19-07-2011, 06:50 AM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Njz9046 View Post
Cheers buddy, yer not many of us left , well not many of us with jobs anyway! Lol
"Only the strong shall survive" lmao.
Old 19-07-2011, 06:59 AM
Moderator (formerly known as Bluebugeye!)

You should be good for up to 350 with that engine and box with the correct turbo but you;ll need to de-cat the down pipe to get there I think.

Mine was running 370 with the std engine and SR40 turbo.

You biggest limit is the 5 speed!
Custom exhaust - Cosworth filter - Samco Intake - Tints - Bilstein B8/B6 & STI springs - SuperPro ALK - Whiteline positive shift kit, rack mounts, rear adjustable camber bushes, front ARB mounts & strut brace, 20mm rear ARB with AVO mounts, - Hardrace Gearbox and pitch mounts - Prodrive PFF7's - Front Brembos - Kenwood CarPlay - 1/2 carbon grille - STI front splitter
Old 19-07-2011, 07:48 AM
Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueBugEye View Post
You should be good for up to 350 with that engine and box with the correct turbo but you;ll need to de-cat the down pipe to get there I think.

Mine was running 370 with the std engine and SR40 turbo.

You biggest limit is the 5 speed!

You were running 370 on standard internals :0 ? And nothing melted?!? Lol

Well I'm not even 21 yet so the insurance company are gonna poop themselves when I declare it all :/ so il stick to <300bhp for at least 6 months!
Old 19-07-2011, 08:45 AM
Bronze Member

add to the list just ordered .... Walbro Motorsport Upgrade Fuel Pump 255lph , just to make sure she runs right, get rid of the tired 9 year old one !!
Old 19-07-2011, 12:10 PM
Moderator (formerly known as Bluebugeye!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Njz9046 View Post
You were running 370 on standard internals :0 ? And nothing melted?!? Lol
I didn't say that! Melted no, blew yes.
Custom exhaust - Cosworth filter - Samco Intake - Tints - Bilstein B8/B6 & STI springs - SuperPro ALK - Whiteline positive shift kit, rack mounts, rear adjustable camber bushes, front ARB mounts & strut brace, 20mm rear ARB with AVO mounts, - Hardrace Gearbox and pitch mounts - Prodrive PFF7's - Front Brembos - Kenwood CarPlay - 1/2 carbon grille - STI front splitter
Old 19-07-2011, 01:01 PM
Nige

Quote:
Old 19-07-2011, 01:59 PM
Bronze Member

Quote:
Unfortunately...... I know that feeling :/ lol