South East Scoobies  

Go Back   South East Scoobies > The Showroom > Show 'N' Shine

Show 'N' Shine Cleaning / Detailing Talk

Old 05-10-2014, 06:32 PM

Default Used some of PieMan's Special SES Quick wash/detailer

Got back from goodwood, car had bugs on it and black stuff on the wheels from my spirited drive back.
So thought I would just be lazy and wipe it all of again with some microfibres!
I used a spot of the legendary Pie-Man's Southeast scoobies special quickwash/detailer, that stuff is great!

I didn't clean this bit.. looked at it and thought.. good enough!

Mapped and maintained by FBTuning 07595 493581.

Last edited by Ginola; 05-10-2014 at 08:51 PM.
Old 05-10-2014, 06:36 PM
Gold Member

Nice.

Without wishing to be a sycophant, you do have a cracking car there. It's a real credit to you.
Old 05-10-2014, 07:40 PM
Silver Member

Yep, I agree with the poorly elephant
Old 05-10-2014, 08:25 PM

Certainly a motor to aspire too, it looks awesome in these pictures. I am surprised you put an engine bay shot up........
Old 05-10-2014, 08:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banstead Stig View Post
Nice.

Without wishing to be a sycophant, you do have a cracking car there. It's a real credit to you.
thanks dude

Old 05-10-2014, 08:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NL03Scooby View Post
Certainly a motor to aspire too, it looks awesome in these pictures. I am surprised you put an engine bay shot up........
Cheers dude its a little messy under there still, needs work! but its purposeful

Old 05-10-2014, 09:00 PM
Admin, Meets/Events Organiser

Looked nice and shiny today dude
Old 05-10-2014, 09:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginola View Post
Cheers dude its a little messy under there still, needs work! but its purposeful
There is a reason I don't put engine bay pics up, grubby standard parts certainly don't make for a nice shot in comparison to yours, will have to get some tips when I next see you!

One question I do have, my bonnet lining is really nasty, any ideas where I can get a decent replacement. I would like to just remove it and launch it in the bin, it is pretty flimsy. Do you think doing this would have any negative effects on the paint for example, cant think it offers that much in the way of protection...?
Old 05-10-2014, 09:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NL03Scooby View Post
There is a reason I don't put engine bay pics up, grubby standard parts certainly don't make for a nice shot in comparison to yours, will have to get some tips when I next see you!

One question I do have, my bonnet lining is really nasty, any ideas where I can get a decent replacement. I would like to just remove it and launch it in the bin, it is pretty flimsy. Do you think doing this would have any negative effects on the paint for example, cant think it offers that much in the way of protection...?
Hmm under hood insulation you can read a wall of text on that subject over on NASIOC or any other forum really, Some say it helps smother engine fires, some say its helping to protect the paint on the hood from heat and reducing noise. Others say they run without it fine for years and without problem, I would like the look without,
I would get a new one from the stealer if it was me most likely.

Old 05-10-2014, 09:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginola View Post
Hmm under hood insulation you can read a wall of text on that subject over on NASIOC or any other forum really, Some say it helps smother engine fires, some say its helping to protect the paint on the hood from heat and reducing noise. Others say they run without it fine for years and without problem, I would like the look without,
I would get a new one from the stealer if it was me most likely.
The way mine looks it seems more a fire hazard then smothering an engine fire, I certainly wouldn't mind the noise either, it is just the paint that would be my concern. I presume removing it would help reduce heat soak too however as I haven't got an induction kit it probably isn't too much of a bother for me in that respect. Having it gone would be a great excuse to get things cleaner under there.