South East Scoobies  

Go Back   South East Scoobies > Events & Meets > The Ring Zone

The Ring Zone The area for the Annual S.E.S Ring Trip. Plus all the information you will ever need on the infamous Nurburgring.

Old 28-05-2013, 04:50 PM
Gold Member

Default A big thank you

A huge thank you to Ian and all those responsible for pulling together this year's Ring trip. Just got back and I'm shattered. Have lots of photos and videos to sort out as just didn't have time to see any of them whilst we were there!

Had a fantastic time and want to go back asap. Thanks again
Old 28-05-2013, 05:40 PM
Platinum Member

Nige, myself and a few others are going back in September Greg
Old 28-05-2013, 05:44 PM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anger View Post
Thanks James - that's very tempting. Went twice last year and it's not enough!
Old 28-05-2013, 05:45 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anger View Post
Let us know when
Old 28-05-2013, 05:49 PM
Gold Member

Yes...I could be up for a visit too. That's 4 months to build the R....
Old 28-05-2013, 06:09 PM
Platinum Member

Will let you all know when the dates are finalised
Old 28-05-2013, 06:30 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortster View Post
Yes...I could be up for a visit too. That's 4 months to build the R....
It only took me 2
Old 28-05-2013, 07:12 PM
Platinum Member

yes agreed...well done all involved
Old 28-05-2013, 07:31 PM
Moderator (formerly known as Bluebugeye!)

Great time thanks too all!
Custom exhaust - Cosworth filter - Samco Intake - Tints - Bilstein B8/B6 & STI springs - SuperPro ALK - Whiteline positive shift kit, rack mounts, rear adjustable camber bushes, front ARB mounts & strut brace, 20mm rear ARB with AVO mounts, - Hardrace Gearbox and pitch mounts - Prodrive PFF7's - Front Brembos - Kenwood CarPlay - 1/2 carbon grille - STI front splitter
Old 28-05-2013, 08:31 PM

yeah, great time, jo and i really enjoyed it. I couldn't have asked more of my car, it did itself proud. think the golf is going to have to come out for next trip.

thanks everyone who made this happen, this is truely a great forum with great people.
2003 Blobeye WRX SL Wagon
Old 28-05-2013, 09:16 PM
Admin, Meets/Events Organiser

E did a great job of sorting this years trip, so big thanks to him. Such a laugh.

Although next time hopefully we'll see less of his backside!
Old 28-05-2013, 09:18 PM
Events / Ring Trip Organiser

Cheers Guys !!.

This was one of the best trips Ive done

On the Saturday the weather was perfect, cool temperatures dry and sunny.

Although the weather could have been better it certainly didn't dampen our spirits,

in fact on the Sunday it made it more interesting especially doing laps in the heavy rain something I have not done before.

The newbies to the trip really fitted in well.

It was a pleasure having you all on the trip and seeing your faces when you had experienced your first lap of the ring.

Glad everyone had a great time.
Old 28-05-2013, 10:06 PM

As above big thanks to you Ian,

Both myself and Wanda had a great time. Thank you all for guiding me through "popping my ring cherry"

Speak to you all soon

Mapped and maintained by FBTuning 07595 493581.
Old 28-05-2013, 10:39 PM
The Nurburgring JUDGE!

Well what a trip, so many thanks as I said last night to everyone that made it happen and again massive thanks to E for getting me there and back plus a lot of the organising, also for everyone coming along and making it what it was. The banter was top notch as always .
Well done Si for getting the car sorted in the nick of time and it running so well, all the hours paid off mate.

Shame Nick and Sian couldn't stay the full term but hats off for making the effort with the late night arrival, really good to catch up. Thanks for sorting the stickers as well.

What can I say about Sunday's mystery tour, loads actually but at the moment I'll just say thanks to the pair of jokers that found and guided us around the route so well loads of laughs and a bruised and gouged knee for one driver .

THANKS again EVERYONE
Old 28-05-2013, 11:12 PM
Platinum Member

I will try and not make this sound like an Oscar`s acceptance speech with the thankyou`s but were do I start?

Firstly to the group, you are such a great bunch of people that have made this trip so memorable.
To everyone who had a hand in organising the weekend, you did yourselves proud.
To the naughtly boys `Pete and Ron` you made Liz and I laugh so much.
To Dave with his really bad German/Russian impersonations at dinner was so funny.
To that `text`it was one of the most funniest moments ever.
To Neil, what a car, what a driver, a lap I will never forget, I feel very privileged.
To the weather for making my car so ****ing dirty!
Finally to Ian `Big E` you know what you did mate......Thank you!
Roll on next year.
Old 29-05-2013, 11:26 AM
'2 Spanners Qualified Technician' - If your job requires more then 1 spanner I'm your man !!!!!

I found myself still laughing on the way to work this morning.

Again massive thanks to everyone involved, what a cracking bunch and good to meet those I hadn't met before. I dont think I have laughed that much in ages.

A HUGE thanks to Tim. That car is stonking mate and as we said it didnt miss a beat. It was an entertaining (and educational) drive back too!!! We had a great laugh and I am already missing passing the mints!!!! Just a shame you felt crap all weekend, but for a man you did well to carry on lol.

The hotel as always was superb, as was the food... and of course our wrapping waitress on Sunday night "Big fish Little Fish"... so funny.

Cheers to you all

Steve

Last edited by Lucky; 29-05-2013 at 11:40 AM.
Old 29-05-2013, 11:48 AM
Gold Member

sounds like an awsome trip if theres one later on in the year i would be intrested date dependable
Old 29-05-2013, 11:56 AM
Platinum Member

So nice to read a thread like this

Well done organisers and so glad everybody had a memorable time!!

Old 29-05-2013, 11:58 AM
Platinum Member

Did sound like a good one, its a MUST for me next year!!!
Old 29-05-2013, 12:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by majorscooby View Post
Did sound like a good one, its a MUST for me next year!!!
You will be more than welcome Rich.

We did have a really good time.

Everything went as smooth as clock work without any disappointments..

The weather could have been a little better but, it did not stop us doing anything, it made the trip more interesting.

Last edited by BIG"E"; 29-05-2013 at 05:31 PM.
Old 29-05-2013, 12:57 PM
Platinum Member

Sounds like I missed a good one, I'll definitely be back next year providing there are no more hiccups with work, will try to bring the little bro along as well providing it doesn't clash with racing at Ascot (no, he's not a jockey or a horse).

Shane
Old 29-05-2013, 04:44 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
I found myself still laughing on the way to work this morning.

Again massive thanks to everyone involved, what a cracking bunch and good to meet those I hadn't met before. I dont think I have laughed that much in ages.

A HUGE thanks to Tim. That car is stonking mate and as we said it didnt miss a beat. It was an entertaining (and educational) drive back too!!! We had a great laugh and I am already missing passing the mints!!!! Just a shame you felt crap all weekend, but for a man you did well to carry on lol.

The hotel as always was superb, as was the food... and of course our wrapping waitress on Sunday night "Big fish Little Fish"... so funny.

Cheers to you all

Steve
Thanks Steve for co piloting. Shame I was unwell most of the days but it was still a good trip all round
Old 30-05-2013, 05:52 PM
Admin, Meets/Events Organiser.... formerly known as SilverSurfer

Apologies for not posting sooner, but after such a great weekend I had to balance the SES forum and family time a little...... going straight on the forum after spending 5 day's with you guy's wouldn't of gone down too well

I'd just like to thank everyone that came along, both Ring Veteran's and Ring Newbies, it was a really good crowd and I hope everyone enjoyed themselves and that you had as much of a laugh as I did.

Day 1 : Everyone on track before and after breakfast (I just love the before breakfast stints), re-group & pizza followed by more track action and spectating. The evening at Pistenklause was fantastic with one of the best steak meals I've ever had (on a par with Florentine steaks in Florence & you really need to see these to believe them), great beer and great company......
Although I didn't try the 'Ring Cheese'....that day gets

Day 2 : OK the weather was poor on Sunday but people still managed to get out. The combination of watching SES on track, a rather skillfull BMW M3 GTS driver, Monaco GP & 'MEGA' Burger in a bar in Adenau.
This was followed by a rather 'INTERESTING' drive home via 1,000,000 hairpins (sorry Liz...but glad the burger stayed down ).
It was a really fantastic day that gets

Day 3 : Cochem group visit with food, beer, boat trips and cable car rides. Great to see such fantastic country side.
Oh ! and a few hairpins thrown in (sorry Liz...but glad the breakfast stayed down ).
That day gets

And above all 'HUGE' thanks to Big "E" for all his efforts and enthusiasm, a great asset to SES...he gets .
Although the next time he gets his crack out I might me tempted to it.
Old 30-05-2013, 05:57 PM
'2 Spanners Qualified Technician' - If your job requires more then 1 spanner I'm your man !!!!!

And that just about sums it up perfectly
Old 30-05-2013, 06:16 PM

Cheers Silversufer,

For your comments, it certainly was one trip to remember.

Thank you also to Stiggy for being the bestist co pilot ever..

Thank you to everyone for the pressies !!!.

Sorry for not making a speech after the presentation to me by Stiggy and Ron,

I was very humbled by that and would not have been able to keep it together, it is difficult to speak with a lump in your throat...

Cheers to everyone again that made the trip so memorable, as Scott said the Saturday night was such a laugh, my Ring cheese was certainly a big hit with the Girls...

Last edited by BIG"E"; 30-05-2013 at 06:19 PM.
Old 30-05-2013, 07:34 PM
Platinum Member

Echo all the above....

A huge thanks to everyone for one of the best weekends i've had in a very long time. Too many good memories to fit on the forums.....

Massive thanks to "E" for everything you done before and during the trip mate, you know how much I/we appreciated it

Huge thanks to everyone in the group for making the whole thing massively enjoyable, from breakfast, the drives out, the ring, evening meals and the day tripping, couldn't have been with a better group of people or machinery

Be great to see everyone (and a few more ) on next years trip

If the previous 4 SES ring trips have been half as good as this years, then they must have been great trips too (gutted that things have got in the way of me going in previous years)

For those worried about the ring part of the trip! don't be, the rest of the goings on are enough to go on the trip alone

Highly recommend anyone wanting to go to go, be it with the Ring trip 2 or with the 6th SES ring trip in 2014, to just book it and go........ you WILL enjoy yourself

The words don't come close but HUGE THANKYOU to EACH & EVERYONE of you

(sorry for delay in posting thanks! back in the UK and now got a head cold )

A special last minute thanks must go to Scotts SatNav I hope it recovers enough for next years trip

Thanks

Ron
Old 30-05-2013, 09:14 PM
SES Catering & Picnic Services

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG"E" View Post
Cheers to everyone again that made the trip so memorable, as Scott said the Saturday night was such a laugh, my Ring cheese was certainly a big hit with the Girls...
Your ring cheese was tasty!

Last edited by The Handbrake; 30-05-2013 at 09:20 PM. Reason: added quote
Old 30-05-2013, 09:18 PM
Gold Member

Did someone mention hairpins
Old 31-05-2013, 11:59 AM
Bronze Member

If 'Ring trips were champagne, this would be a vintage year!

Thanks of course to 'SES Tours' head honcho, Ian, for sorting all the bookings and generally making the trip work for everyone! (although I was disappointed that you didn't take us all up the castle!)

Weirdly, one of my favourite bits of the trip was Sunday morning/lunchtime standing around eating bratwurst and chips in the rain in the car park at Brunchen. Steve and I had just done a couple of laps in the wet which (in comparison to the dry laps) were fairly tame. Because I could actually tear my eyes away from the kerbs/traffic/mirrors/rapidly-approaching crash barriers, I saw bits of the track I hadn't noticed before, watched the mist hanging in the trees up near Hohe Acht and (at the risk of sounding girly) kind of saw another side to the place - the history, the 'ghosts' of previous thrills and spills - it brought a little smile to my face as we slip-slided our way round.

As for the hot stone steak on Saturday night... well, I've already been on eBay to see if I can buy a lava stone of my own... and a herd of cattle to go with it!

Thanks all for such a fab weekend!