South East Scoobies  

Go Back   South East Scoobies > The Garage > Wheels,Tyres & Brakes

Old 23-12-2013, 10:51 PM
Silver Member

Default New wheels turned up but...

New wheels and tyres arrived this afternoon and to say I'm not happy is a big understatement. Here are the pictures so they can do the talking

Every wheel has these marks on them and they were quite clearly made from the shops tyre fitting machine.

Also does this seem like a lot of weight to balance a new wheel

Last edited by Matt23; 23-12-2013 at 10:54 PM.
Old 23-12-2013, 11:04 PM
Bronze Member

thats a lot of weigth could be the tyre but i dout it . send them back mate and go some where else
Old 23-12-2013, 11:21 PM
Silver Member

I'm going to return them, but I'm having a row with the shop owner as he seems to think I should pay for the cost of the courier to send them back.
Old 23-12-2013, 11:41 PM
Platinum Member

That is some bad marks but what's going on with black overspray as well Matt I would ask for a full respray free of charge and they should pay for the courier unless you can drop them if it's close to where you live
Old 24-12-2013, 12:20 AM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by scotty View Post
That is some bad marks but what's going on with black overspray as well Matt I would ask for a full respray free of charge and they should pay for the courier unless you can drop them if it's close to where you live
Sadly they came from Manchester Scott, so not close. Hopefully will know more tomorrow, but either way, I won't have a new set of wheels on the car before new year now. Gutted.
Old 24-12-2013, 08:26 AM
Platinum Member

Not good Matt.,they should pay for courier as it's there problem
Old 24-12-2013, 10:09 AM
Admin, Meets/Events Organiser

Those are brand new?! Looks like they've been refurbed by a kid with a rattle can!
Old 24-12-2013, 10:17 AM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_PPP View Post
Those are brand new?! Looks like they've been refurbed by a kid with a rattle can!
I know, they look shocking Steve and the manager thinks I'm being to fussy
Old 24-12-2013, 10:21 AM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hongkongfooi View Post
Not good Matt.,they should pay for courier as it's there problem
They should Tim, but this guy clearly thinks it my responsibility to get them back to him for a refund. I've said all I'm prepared to do is re wrap them and have them ready for collection. That's it.
Old 24-12-2013, 10:50 AM
Admin, Meets/Events Organiser

Care to share the name of the retailer so we can avoid?

And i wouldn't be happy with 90g of weight on a brand new wheel either, you have to expect a bit due to tyre tolerances but that is too much.
Old 24-12-2013, 11:14 AM
Gold Member

That is dreadful.

I'd certainly be doing the same as you mate.

Hope you get it sorted okay.

Have a quick Google search on the Sale of Goods Act. It'll help you to quote your rights at him. Never hurts to put stuff in writing either.

Let me know if you need any pointers.
Old 24-12-2013, 01:04 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_PPP View Post
Care to share the name of the retailer so we can avoid?

And i wouldn't be happy with 90g of weight on a brand new wheel either, you have to expect a bit due to tyre tolerances but that is too much.
No problem Steve, I would hate to see someone else have the same kind do problem as me

Hotline wheels is the company name and they also have an eBay shop.
Old 24-12-2013, 01:16 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banstead Stig View Post
That is dreadful.

I'd certainly be doing the same as you mate.

Hope you get it sorted okay.

Have a quick Google search on the Sale of Goods Act. It'll help you to quote your rights at him. Never hurts to put stuff in writing either.

Let me know if you need any pointers.
Thanks for that mate. I did try find something on there last night regarding returns and who is liable for the cost, but I couldn't find anything (I must of missed it as I was to )

I did try telling him that under the sale of good act the items aren't as described and it's on you to collect them, but it was like and he wasn't prepared to listen.

If you could give me any more info or advice then that would be very helpful mate, pm me if that's ok.
Old 24-12-2013, 01:39 PM
Gold Member

I've just sent you a message Matt.

For anyone else interested, and not already aware, the Distance Selling Regs and Sale of Goods Act are the pieces of law that protect consumers in these instances.
Old 24-12-2013, 02:37 PM
Silver Member

That is some seriously bad tyre fitting to leave marks in the wheels like that, they clearly had the jaws clamp the wheels inside, even worse wheel balancing must be right if I left wheels like that I'd have no job. They also look really bad for new wheels I just had a knackered set powdercoated and they look brand new! That is terrible situation mate I hope you get it sorted not ideal what so ever!
Old 24-12-2013, 03:44 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banstead Stig View Post
I've just sent you a message Matt.

For anyone else interested, and not already aware, the Distance Selling Regs and Sale of Goods Act are the pieces of law that protect consumers in these instances.
Thanks Gareth
Old 24-12-2013, 03:50 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sti mayhew View Post
That is some seriously bad tyre fitting to leave marks in the wheels like that, they clearly had the jaws clamp the wheels inside, even worse wheel balancing must be right if I left wheels like that I'd have no job. They also look really bad for new wheels I just had a knackered set powdercoated and they look brand new! That is terrible situation mate I hope you get it sorted not ideal what so ever!
When I point out the marks on all the wheels that have clearly come from there tyre machine, his answer was, well how do you expect us to fit the tyres then (that says it all really) my answer was well I work in a garage and if we damaged wheels like that then we would have no customers.

On a side note mate, can you supply alloys as I might give you a shout when I get my money back.
Old 24-12-2013, 04:00 PM
Gold Member

Quote:
Bloody shocking matt hope you get it all sorted quickly and get all your money back including the cost of sending back.

Well mr mayhew what colour wheels did you go for in the end and wheres the pics???
Old 24-12-2013, 05:50 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt23 View Post
When I point out the marks on all the wheels that have clearly come from there tyre machine, his answer was, well how do you expect us to fit the tyres then (that says it all really) my answer was well I work in a garage and if we damaged wheels like that then we would have no customers.

On a side note mate, can you supply alloys as I might give you a shout when I get my money back.
Sorry no we don't supply alloys. We are just a garage for service, repairs, tyres and lawnmowers
Old 24-12-2013, 05:50 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigemp View Post
Bloody shocking matt hope you get it all sorted quickly and get all your money back including the cost of sending back.

Well mr mayhew what colour wheels did you go for in the end and wheres the pics???
Don't miss a trick you eh??
Old 24-12-2013, 06:06 PM
Gold Member

Quote:
Don't miss a trick you eh??
nope young man
Old 24-12-2013, 08:51 PM
Bronze Member

Jesus looks like Plummer got his blow torch out to solder tyre to the wheels lol hope u get it sorted
Old 24-12-2013, 10:09 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby O'Neill View Post
Jesus looks like Plummer got his blow torch out to solder tyre to the wheels lol hope u get it sorted
Thanks mate. Wheels all wrapped up again and awaiting the outcome after Christmas.
Old 25-12-2013, 03:37 PM
Regular User

Let's hope they are sorted, They are a disgrace. especially when you consider how much you spend on getting these done
Old 03-01-2014, 12:23 PM
Silver Member

Well the wheels went back yesterday for a full refund, just waiting for the money to get put back in my account and then can start looking for another set.
Old 03-01-2014, 03:29 PM
Platinum Member

That's good news to here Matt now go and treat your self to a set of st2 on the motor in ancthrite grey or gun metal old chap lol.
Old 03-01-2014, 05:15 PM
Silver Member

Quite possibly Scott, they do look good on a classic I must admit.