worzel

Default Pirelli Tyres

Does anyone know much about these?

http://www.pirelli.com/tyre/gb/en/ca...eason%3DSUMMER
Old 18-08-2011, 02:38 PM
Nige

Yes i want some for xmas
Old 18-08-2011, 02:42 PM
'2 Spanners Qualified Technician' - If your job requires more then 1 spanner I'm your man !!!!!

I have them at the moment mate. Personally, I wouldnt have them again. They are quite a hard tyre with hard side wall so they give a bumpier ride. Dry grip is pretty good, wet doesnt inspire me atall. I prefred my old Goodyear F1's

So far I have had Bridgestones which were awesome in the dry, good in the wet, but aweful ride and loads of tramlining. Goodyear Eagle F1's which I found just right. Not quite as much grip as the bridgestones, but much nicer ride and no tramlining.
Old 18-08-2011, 03:33 PM
Platinum Member

Are these the tyres there using in Time Attack this season ?
Old 18-08-2011, 03:39 PM
worzel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anger View Post
I believe so mate

Steve, cheers for the info, good to know
Old 18-08-2011, 05:14 PM
Nige

[QUOTE=Lucky;100878]I have them at the moment mate. Personally, I wouldnt have them again. They are quite a hard tyre with hard side wall so they give a bumpier ride.
Are you sure mate as these havent been out that long. For my size your looking at £250 per corner ish.
Old 18-08-2011, 05:33 PM
'2 Spanners Qualified Technician' - If your job requires more then 1 spanner I'm your man !!!!!

[QUOTE=Nige;100903]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
I have them at the moment mate. Personally, I wouldnt have them again. They are quite a hard tyre with hard side wall so they give a bumpier ride.
Are you sure mate as these havent been out that long. For my size your looking at £250 per corner ish.

Think so nige. Mine were already on the wheels when I bought them, so couldnt say on cost, but they are Pirelli P Zero Corsa's and have the same tread pattern.
Old 18-08-2011, 05:36 PM
Nige

[QUOTE=Lucky;100905]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nige View Post

Think so nige. Mine were already on the wheels when I bought them, so couldnt say on cost, but they are Pirelli P Zero Corsa's and have the same tread pattern.
Bloody hell mate they should stick like sh.t to a blanket. Jrm have been getting 2sec's a lap over the 888's?
Old 18-08-2011, 07:22 PM
Ringmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by worzel View Post
P zero corsa has always been about as good as it gets.

I havent tried this latest version but done plenty of ring laps in gt2 with assymetric version and TBH nearly tore my left ear off!

only available in 19 & 20" ? I guess the rest will follow.

Surely these wont fit your car Steve?
Old 18-08-2011, 08:27 PM

Sounds like mine are a previous/different version then? SO, with that in mind Mr Worzel, ignore my previous comments lol. Although if these new ones are only 19's or 20's I guess that answers your question. Also, my experience of all of these tyres is on the road with very limited track use so may be a different perspective.
Old 18-08-2011, 08:40 PM
Gold Member

Steve,
I have some. In the dry they are absolutely amazing and I haven't experienced a tyre that grips so well. They are incredible. Wear rates are quite high. They do need to be warmed up to get the most out of them. In wet and cooler conditions they have significantly less grip and can make things very interesting!
Greg
Old 18-08-2011, 08:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby_Greg View Post
Steve,
I have some. In the dry they are absolutely amazing and I haven't experienced a tyre that grips so well. They are incredible. Wear rates are quite high. They do need to be warmed up to get the most out of them. In wet and cooler conditions they have significantly less grip and can make things very interesting!
Greg
yep, they sound the same!
Old 19-08-2011, 07:16 PM
Gold Member

only 19" or 20" wheels. worzel your be needing sone 19s then,i can do you a set of black wheels
Old 19-08-2011, 08:58 PM
Nige

I bought some of these havent tried them as yet but they get some very good reports
http://www.tyrereviews.co.uk/Tyre/Kumho/V70a.htm
Old 19-08-2011, 09:51 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nige View Post
I bought some of these havent tried them as yet but they get some very good reports
http://www.tyrereviews.co.uk/Tyre/Kumho/V70a.htm
These are on my card too along with Hankook V12 or Federal RS-R 595,as you are said Nige looking like have great reviews on few forums too.

Jura
Old 19-08-2011, 09:58 PM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by didznotturbo View Post
only 19" or 20" wheels. worzel your be needing sone 19s then,i can do you a set of black wheels
I've got the 19's as a standard fitment. Tbh I'd only recommend them if you have a separate set when it gets cooler.
Old 19-08-2011, 10:29 PM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby_Greg View Post
I've got the 19's as a standard fitment. Tbh I'd only recommend them if you have a separate set when it gets cooler.
please explain
Old 19-08-2011, 10:34 PM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by didznotturbo View Post
please explain
PM'd
Old 20-08-2011, 10:44 PM
Authorised Trader

I think they are standard fit to lots of top end performance cars.
Old 20-08-2011, 10:46 PM
Authorised Trader

Steve - have a look at the Toyo R1R.

It's inbetween a R888 and a T1R. Standard fit to the Evo X FQ400.
Old 21-08-2011, 04:15 PM
worzel

Cheers all

I will probably deafen myself for another year and go 888's again.
Old 21-08-2011, 05:25 PM
Platinum Member

I would give them a miss mate. Some would rate them well but much depends what they are rating them against? as one can only make comparisons with tyres they have used before .

I believe they only have street composites in the them. For "proper grip" you will need tyres developed for street / track.

I'm on the new Toyo R1 Sports at the mo which are ok but no where near the best.

The Michelin Pilot Sport PS2 is the most technically advanced road tyre at the moment developed using 7 different composites and were the best tyres I had used until I used the Hankook Evo V12.s.

The V12's are in a league of their own and can still be picked up for about £ 100 per corner.
Old 21-08-2011, 09:55 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anger View Post
no jay not same compound as the ta spec tyre similar tread pattern

steve
Old 21-08-2011, 11:25 PM
Silver Member

I've been trying for the last couple of weeks to get hold of the federal 595rsr they are brilliant as bro has them on his Nissan, on track they are equally as good as the 888
Apparently at the moment no track tyres are available until early next year??
Can't even get any 888 something about china according to the tyre distribution companies??
Old 22-08-2011, 08:50 AM
Nige

Give these guy's a go.
http://stores.ebay.co.uk/jjcraceandr...id=p4340.l2563