South East Scoobies  

Go Back   South East Scoobies > The Garage > General Mechanics

Old 31-07-2010, 03:41 PM
Silver Member

Default 3" downpipe

I have a 3" decatted downpipe (bellmouth) in my shed and need to know is it worth fitting back on the car???
It was taken off for the mot and i had an over boost problem,but i think thats fixed now ,split in the boost pipe.
Can i fit this back on the car without getting a remap done(i have 98 wagon wrx and have been told you cant map that ecu)
Or should i sell it but have no idea how much its worth
Old 31-07-2010, 04:08 PM
Bronze Member

not sure bout the remap but they usually go for between £60-£100 depending on condition etc, since fitting mine i havent had any problems without remapping depends on future plans i guess
Old 31-07-2010, 05:13 PM
Silver Member

fit it. A remap probably will get you a bit more power out of it cuz of improved gas flow, but without a remap, you will still find the turbo spools up quicker. I went from a decat 2.5" down pipe to a 3" sports cat downpipe without a remap and the turbo seems to have benefited from the change