South East Scoobies  

Go Back   South East Scoobies > General Forums > General Car / Scooby Chat

General Car / Scooby Chat General chat, car related. Threads posted in here may well be re-directed to a more relevant home.

Old 11-12-2011, 02:56 PM
Platinum Member

Default South East Scooby cars

Being a busy bee in The P1 Woc tends to steer all focus and attention to only P1's for obvious reasons. Most are different in one way or another due to the numerous ways of modifying and little bits & pieces that create the owners own identities so it's not as if we view all P1's as just P1's.

The other evident thing is Fatboy, KrissyB, BigTel, Spooky, Skullfudge and now Crowman are the only evident P1's in the SE region within The P1Woc so when the club has meets it's the only time many of The WoccaFellas get together which is cool as many communicate several time a day in some cases.
That fact that P1 owners attend our bigger events from N.Ireland, Wales, Scotland, Jersey, 2 from Germany and all corners of England suggest how close the club is.

I have attended shed loads of major National Jap Car events over the past 6 years partly due to my P1 being requested by either Companies, Magazines, Clubs,Organisers or individuals, and numerous drag racing and track day events so I get to see a lot of Subaru's.

By what I have seen I would go as far as saying The SES does have the best range of Subaru's out there as "a club".
It would be good to attend some of The Big National Events as a "Club Stand" next year as I know some are attended but there are many BIG events yet to enjoy.

We have most models in this club with many of them being perfect examples as well, together with some rare babies and a theme of The Ring will make a truly awesome stand.!!
The range would vary from some of the most desired cars right through the ranks an finishing with Nige, the stand would look the dogz nutz.

Just Crowman's care alone generates MUCH more interest than people probably realise. I know because I have seen it many times.
I think Martyn will be pleasantly surprised next year !

Anyway, just a thought fella's and fellaettes.
Old 11-12-2011, 03:10 PM
worzel

Clive, thats really kind of you!

I agree, there are some very nice examples of many variants and marques of scooby in SES!

I think it would be a great idea to really push the boat out next year on one major national event at least and put up a really good showing, doing an overnighter somewhere! What show would you recommend mate?
Old 11-12-2011, 03:43 PM
Admin, Meets/Events Organiser

I have to agree, I think SES is doing very well at the moment. We have a load of great members with stunning scoobs

I was talking to James yesterday about doing Japfest at Castle Coomb next year, he's already been approached by the organisers so it sounds like an easy avenue in. Last year we didn't go because it was on the same weekend as Dunsfold, but we've done that two years in a row so maybe its time for a change
Old 11-12-2011, 04:32 PM
Bronze Member

I am really glad I have joined SES and there are some gorgeous cars within the club, it has a huge range of cars from the powerful to OEM + cars, which gives a huge variety at meets and events.

I can't wait to see what 2012 brings.
Old 11-12-2011, 05:16 PM
Platinum Member

Steve

Difficult to say mate. Many shows last year were ruined by rain. If rain is forecast for the weekend it stops many from attending.

"Trax" at Silverstone offers a superb facility (Silverstone) where many stands are on the huge concrete aprons behind the old pits.
It gives guys the choice of going on track if they wish, or just show the car and chill.
Huge volume of stands and many major players look at this one as the one to promote or advertise brands or services.

The place was rockin at 9.00 am in 2010. Ken BLock doin demo's, "MAX" girles in suspenders and high heels all over the place, music at maximum and many thousand cars.

You can participate in 0 - 60 mph timing, drifting bla bla.

Know one leaves this event downhearted but it will be an early start and hotel jobbie the night before.

The gates are manic from 7.30am most years. Took Olly 2 hours one year to drive the final 2 miles into the circuit with The Gobstopper in the back of thier race truck I believe.

We were at the rear gates at 6.30 meeting other Wocca's and the entire Force India F1 team pulled up beside us
Old 11-12-2011, 05:26 PM
Platinum Member

Trax has gone down hill in IMHO but japfest is still a good one
Old 11-12-2011, 06:23 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by C. J. View Post
Trax has gone down hill in IMHO but japfest is still a good one

The size of the show will always be determined by what time we arrive at the venue and Trax always proves the earliest CJ.

What Japfest did you mean mate? There are more than one per year now.
Old 11-12-2011, 07:15 PM
Platinum Member

Castle Combe
Old 11-12-2011, 07:25 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by C. J. View Post
Castle Combe

Ah okay mate. Yep, another good choice.
Old 11-12-2011, 07:50 PM
worzel

We need to get our heads together and find one for a massive turn out and then try and do a few of the others too. I like the idea of some weekends away with some mates
Old 11-12-2011, 08:00 PM
Platinum Member

It's the "weekend away" bit that is cool Steve.

We have done many in The Woc and those of us who travel longer distances travel up Friday evenings and all meet at a pre booked hotel / evening meal.

Have the crack and meet at hotel breakfast in the morning.

Off to the event and more often that not return to the hotel for another great evening (normally the good bit).

Then cruise home together.

Having got home and sorted out the evening is cool as many things happen over the weekend and together with photos the event thread is buzzing ( bit like The SES Ring thread was).

Happy days
Old 11-12-2011, 08:09 PM
worzel

This is the side of the club that really excites me going forward, it's the stuff I have wanted to do for a while.

I love the idea of doing cracking weekends away with a group of mates, the misses is always up for this kind of trip too, which makes things easier all round.

Happy days are ahead mate, roll on the new season
Old 11-12-2011, 08:18 PM
Admin, Meets/Events Organiser.... formerly known as SilverSurfer

Castle Coombe is probably on the cards in 2012. I've been wanting to go back for a few years but as Steve has said it always clashed with Dad's day out. We have done this for 2 years so time for a change.
Old 11-12-2011, 08:19 PM
Gold Member

Nice thread Clive - I agree that there are some truly fantastic Subarus within SES. Some are unique one-offs, some are engineering masterpieces, some are the cleanest and most pristine looking cars I have seen (you know who you are) and I love to see them all at a meet!
Old 11-12-2011, 08:23 PM
Silver Member

Have to agree, these weekends out are always a great experience. I just LOVE them. Great people, stunning cars, good fun both during the day and the evening is always worth coming over.
Old 12-12-2011, 06:13 AM
Moderator (formerly known as Bluebugeye!)

We'll be up for at least one of these - may also have to book the polish bunnies services before the event!
Custom exhaust - Cosworth filter - Samco Intake - Tints - Bilstein B8/B6 & STI springs - SuperPro ALK - Whiteline positive shift kit, rack mounts, rear adjustable camber bushes, front ARB mounts & strut brace, 20mm rear ARB with AVO mounts, - Hardrace Gearbox and pitch mounts - Prodrive PFF7's - Front Brembos - Kenwood CarPlay - 1/2 carbon grille - STI front splitter
Old 12-12-2011, 07:31 AM
Crowman

Clive, great thread ,some kind words mate.
As you know ive been really starting to get into the P1 scene now, the love for the car is growing,and the guys on P1Woc are spot on.
Realy looking forward to showing the prototype at as many P1 events as poss.

Although recently i seem to have grown more known for my musical rear, Mmmmm, strange that, MR Fudge :mfart:

I love the idea of weekends away with a group of mates, roll on next year.
Old 12-12-2011, 08:02 AM
Platinum Member

May 12th for Japfest... Ive already spoken to the organisers
Old 12-12-2011, 09:13 AM
Platinum Member

Did our first Trax event at Silverstone in 2000 with SIDC and still remember it with affection, especially the 20 minute track session. Did it again for the next three years, but got fed up with the queuing to get in.

We also attended every Japfest and Rallyday event at Castle Combe up until and including 2008, again with SIDC, which by that time was getting a bit stale.

Next year would be a great time to return!!

Castle Combe 2001. Car looks a bit different now!

:wagon:
Old 12-12-2011, 10:22 AM
Regular User

Great thread Clive. I to have a P1.
Old 12-12-2011, 11:21 AM
Platinum Member

These P1's are a bit common arn't they
Old 12-12-2011, 11:44 AM
Crowman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anger View Post
These P1's are a bit common arn't they
World domination mwah ha ha ha
Old 12-12-2011, 11:53 AM
Crowman

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUBARMAN View Post
Did our first Trax event at Silverstone in 2000 with SIDC and still remember it with affection, especially the 20 minute track session. Did it again for the next three years, but got fed up with the queuing to get in.

We also attended every Japfest and Rallyday event at Castle Combe up until and including 2008, again with SIDC, which by that time was getting a bit stale.

Next year would be a great time to return!!

Castle Combe 2001. Car looks a bit different now!

:wagon:
Wow the Wagon in its standard form.

Mine at donnington the year i brought it, 2002

Old 12-12-2011, 12:13 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martyn View Post
Great thread Clive. I to have a P1.

??? Crowman right ??
Old 12-12-2011, 12:18 PM
Crowman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skullfudge View Post
??? Crowman right ??
Nope, its another Martyn
Old 12-12-2011, 12:33 PM
Platinum Member

Haha just to confuse you even more Clive...
Old 12-12-2011, 12:49 PM
Platinum Member

LOL wow Martyn kept that quiet. Are you in The Woc under another name chap ?
Old 12-12-2011, 02:36 PM
Regular User

Yep, I am in The Woc, Spider Pig !
Old 12-12-2011, 03:07 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martyn View Post
Yep, I am in The Woc, Spider Pig !

Dawwww cause I know you LOL.... How are you matey? long time no see fella
Old 12-12-2011, 03:32 PM
Regular User

I am good thanks, been away a lot and very busy so not been about much. Going to try and get more involved in the new year. Hope to catch up with you soon. Have a good one !
Old 12-12-2011, 06:58 PM
Regular User

Thumbs up

My car is currently sleeping, soon to awake :surprise:

hopefully it'll go from this

to this

fairly soon

Hopefully see you lot at a track or on the road in 2012

FB
Old 12-12-2011, 08:57 PM
worzel

Ooooooooh, some intrigue hits SES

Tell us more matey
Old 12-12-2011, 09:02 PM
Platinum Member

Hey !!! great news John (Fatboy).
When did you collect it mate?

I'll let John tell you the story !
Old 13-12-2011, 02:20 PM
Regular User

I went to Japfest at castle coombe this year. It is actualy what persuaded me to join up here as my friend was enjoying being a member of his local scooby club. Would love to be part of a group who headed down for the event this coming year. I will even polish the car.
Old 13-12-2011, 02:45 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Boy View Post
My car is currently sleeping, soon to awake :surprise:

hopefully it'll go from this

to this

fairly soon

Hopefully see you lot at a track or on the road in 2012

FB
Is it sleeping just off the London road near where Loud Wheels use to be many moons ago
Old 13-12-2011, 04:03 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Is it sleeping just off the London road near where Loud Wheels use to be many moons ago

No, it's not - it's still in Bristol but will be back in London before Christmas hopefully. Doesn't live off London Road normally either - over in Sarf East London.
Haven't got it yet, Clive, but the short engine is having the heads and stuff reattached as we speak. Hopefully will collect it just before Xmas depending on a running in map being done in time.

As for the looooong story that'll have to wait for a while but suffice it to say that I don't go on the P1woc anymore due to being sucked into a long thread about engine builds recently

2.1 CBD with an MD321V, race cams, titanium double valve spring set up, 6 speed dccd and R180 plated rear end. Should be circa 500bhp.

Cheers

FB
Old 13-12-2011, 05:29 PM
Crowman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Boy View Post
No, it's not - it's still in Bristol but will be back in London before Christmas hopefully. Doesn't live off London Road normally either - over in Sarf East London.
Haven't got it yet, Clive, but the short engine is having the heads and stuff reattached as we speak. Hopefully will collect it just before Xmas depending on a running in map being done in time.

As for the looooong story that'll have to wait for a while but suffice it to say that I don't go on the P1woc anymore due to being sucked into a long thread about engine builds recently

2.1 CBD with an MD321V, race cams, titanium double valve spring set up, 6 speed dccd and R180 plated rear end. Should be circa 500bhp.

Cheers

FB
Sounds like its going to be a beast, looking forward to seeing it in action
Old 13-12-2011, 09:12 PM
Regular User

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowman View Post
Sounds like its going to be a beast, looking forward to seeing it in action
Cheers C Man. Hope to meet up with some of you guys soon. Its ironic that I originally suggested the Grasshopper in Westerham as a meet location ages ago but was unable to make it as the car has been pretty much off the road for 2 years this month.

It had a 440 or so BHP RCM engine in it for many years that was one of Matt and Ollie's early(2003) "big" power engines so it had a few things that stopped it running really big power e.g. it had an open deck block and normal head bolts. Now it'll have a CBD and proper bolts plus the upgraded valve set. I did around 18-20k miles in it before the OBD helped the HG to give up the ghost, so I'm pretty used to "nippy" p1s and there were very few things that could keep up even at 450bhp ( as Spooky can tell you ).

It's obviously not real big power these days, but in my humble opinion 450 - 500 is about right for a mainly road based P1 and i'd always trade reasonable spool against mad outputs, especially as drag strips aren't my thing. It has a JDM 6 speed close ratio box so it works really well on track - exe tc suspension, eibach arbs, bushes and decent brakes help too.

Old 14-12-2011, 07:21 AM
Platinum Member

Theres one with the bump strips i see parked on a drive a lot and just wondered if it was yours mate..

I had a 2.1 with a V earlier this year and it made for a great setup, should be even better in a lighter classic like yours

James
Old 14-12-2011, 10:07 AM
Regular User

There's a few of us about

What sort of figures did you get with your 2.1 V set up. I'm guessing you also benefited from the variable valve goodness on the spool front.

Have you gone rotated and bigger then given that you've got rid?
Old 14-12-2011, 01:17 PM
Platinum Member

Its made 504 bhp with 467lbs/ft on V power and was great to drive, i thought the head gasket went one night when it dumped a lot of water only to find a crack in the block.
So when a 2.2 cdb came my way it made sence to go 2.35 and rotated, im only making the same power more less then before, what to me is more than enough with my driving skills
Old 15-12-2011, 11:42 AM
Platinum Member

Of all the events I have attended one of the best days out I have ever had was at Bruntingthorpe last year at The Asda Charity Day.

Invite only with 15,000 turning up.

A pitlane full of petrol heads dream cars and you pay £ 5 and jump in what you like as a passenger for a long lap.

The guys I went with also said it was one of the best events they had attended
and all said it will be an event they will attend every year.

AWESOME DAY.
Old 15-12-2011, 01:01 PM
Regular User

Thumbs up

Quote:
Its made 504 bhp with 467lbs/ft on V power and was great to drive, i thought the head gasket went one night when it dumped a lot of water only to find a crack in the block.
So when a 2.2 cdb came my way it made sence to go 2.35 and rotated, im only making the same power more less then before, what to me is more than enough with my driving skills
Great stuff - that sort of level would be fine for me too. Bad luck re the block

2.35 detuned a bit is probably a good move too as it should be bulletproof at that level.