South East Scoobies  

Go Back   South East Scoobies > General Forums > General Car / Scooby Chat

General Car / Scooby Chat General chat, car related. Threads posted in here may well be re-directed to a more relevant home.

Old 08-05-2010, 09:38 PM
Crowman

Quote:
Originally Posted by pompeycookie View Post
http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/1655936.htm

This is what I am aiming for next in 18 months or so...

Cant comment on the Scooby stuff, dont know what you are all on about to be honest.

A test drive in the Evo is always there if you want it mate.

Well chuffed you are looking for a replacement now, you are a proper mentalist petrol head, good on yer
Hi Dave
Would have the nissan for sure, im 15k short.
did consider EvoX, but Type 25 ticks all the boxes.
Petrol in my blood mate, going to be a good few weeks yet, am still very fooked up,and god its crap typing one finger left handed.
Old 08-05-2010, 09:43 PM
Crowman

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSurfer View Post
Type 25 is a cracking car, but would never have a blue one.
Looks too much like a regular STi.
Blue is great but too many are blue, would prefer white or grey myself.
Scott , i am very much after white, its always been my choice of colour.
I am in no rush, Litchfields are confident they can fix me up ok.
I really want to buy one with 2k of budget spare to have the porsche brake kit.
Am going to take a train late next week if im fit enough to Litchfields to sort something.
Old 08-05-2010, 09:43 PM
Authorised Trader

Wouldn't touch the R35 GTR with a bargepole.

Once out of warranty watch the value drop.... they are just too much when they go wrong.
£24k engine
£13k gearbox

Add to that the running costs.
£2k for a set of tyres
£2200 for discs and pads (and thats just for the front!!!)
Old 08-05-2010, 09:49 PM
Crowman

Moley i have heard some nasty stories about repair and running costs for sure.
Old 08-05-2010, 10:35 PM
Crowman

This would fit the bill also.
http://bbs.scoobynet.com/private-for...c-type-ra.html
Old 09-05-2010, 10:06 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowman View Post
Scott , i am very much after white, its always been my choice of colour.
I am in no rush, Litchfields are confident they can fix me up ok.
I really want to buy one with 2k of budget spare to have the porsche brake kit.
Am going to take a train late next week if im fit enough to Litchfields to sort something.
I've been meaning to get up to litchfield/powerstation for a while but doubt I would find the time this side of the ring trip to take you up.....either way I would love a drive up the road in the type 25 if you buy it to check out the ast's please!
Old 09-05-2010, 10:25 AM
Silver Member

Ask Iain about the oil consumption on the T25. I have heard that some of the Cosworth-engined cars like a good drink!

Also, remember that Iain is no longer in that same building as PowerStation, he's about 3 or 4 miles down the old Tewkesbury to Gloucester road. I went up to Powerstation a couple of weeks ago to pick mine up and it couldn't have been more convenient as the station (Ashchurch for Tewkesbury) is only 5 minutes away. No doubt Iain will pick you up thouhg, as he is "by appointment " only these days.
Old 09-05-2010, 11:07 AM
Crowman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hongkongfooi View Post
I've been meaning to get up to litchfield/powerstation for a while but doubt I would find the time this side of the ring trip to take you up.....either way I would love a drive up the road in the type 25 if you buy it to check out the ast's please!
Hi
No problem with having a go, as i say i have yet to receive a valuation offer on my M3,then its 5 days to receive the cheque, I will make an appointment to go up and see Ian as soon as he has the cars in stock.
Really want a white one.
Old 09-05-2010, 11:10 AM
Crowman

Quote:
Originally Posted by XRS View Post
Ask Iain about the oil consumption on the T25. I have heard that some of the Cosworth-engined cars like a good drink!

Also, remember that Iain is no longer in that same building as PowerStation, he's about 3 or 4 miles down the old Tewkesbury to Gloucester road. I went up to Powerstation a couple of weeks ago to pick mine up and it couldn't have been more convenient as the station (Ashchurch for Tewkesbury) is only 5 minutes away. No doubt Iain will pick you up thouhg, as he is "by appointment " only these days.
Hi
Thank you for the info,very helpfull. Funny as my Saphire cosworth used oil, about 1 litre every 4.5k miles,was just normal for them.
What exactly is it you drive,have you pics please
Old 09-05-2010, 11:49 AM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowman View Post
Hi
Thank you for the info,very helpfull. Funny as my Saphire cosworth used oil, about 1 litre every 4.5k miles,was just normal for them.
What exactly is it you drive,have you pics please
This is mine, http://www.southeastscoobies.co.uk/v...ead.php?t=1112 but I can't see the pictures these days. It is a MY05 Type-25, so has the forged pistons but is not the Cosworth motor. Mine is giving 350 bhp/380 ft lb and for me that's fine. I ran it in carefully, and although it used to use a bit of oil in its younger days, nowadays it uses virtually nothing.
I'm not sure which version of the ASTs the T25 you'll be looking at has, mine are the 12-way adjustible. Compared to the standard items, apart from the lower stance they give a much smoother ride, so fillings stay in longer . There are 3-way adjustible versions available too, but I don't know much about them.

I originally went to Litchfield's to test drive a spec C and compare it against a standard JDM car, but the only JDM car he had was a T25 (which has since had the Cosworth motor fitted) and I was suckered!
Old 09-05-2010, 11:59 AM
Crowman

Quote:
This is mine, http://www.southeastscoobies.co.uk/v...ead.php?t=1112 but I can't see the pictures these days. It is a MY05 Type-25, so has the forged pistons but is not the Cosworth motor. Mine is giving 350 bhp/380 ft lb and for me that's fine. I ran it in carefully, and although it used to use a bit of oil in its younger days, nowadays it uses virtually nothing.
I'm not sure which version of the ASTs the T25 you'll be looking at has, mine are the 12-way adjustible. Compared to the standard items, apart from the lower stance they give a much smoother ride, so fillings stay in longer . There are 3-way adjustible versions available too, but I don't know much about them.

I originally went to Litchfield's to test drive a spec C and compare it against a standard JDM car, but the only JDM car he had was a T25 (which has since had the Cosworth motor fitted) and I was suckered!
Cant see the pics either.
Sounds very nice, many miles? and any problems, i have heard head gaskets need doing fairly early.
Old 09-05-2010, 03:43 PM
Silver Member

Here are some pics

Just clocked up 33,000 miles, and had the head gaskets done. Now have the Cosworth studs and gaskets, so that should not be needed again, but these engines do seem to have a reputation for blowing head gaskets around 30,000 miles.
No other problems - it's been great
Old 09-05-2010, 03:47 PM
Silver Member

And a couple from last weekend

First pic was the day I picked it up, before the ASTs were fitted - so high!
Old 09-05-2010, 05:48 PM
Events / Ring Trip Organiser

Quote:
This is mine, http://www.southeastscoobies.co.uk/v...ead.php?t=1112 but I can't see the pictures these days.
To veiw the pictures:

click on the edit button then save and they will reappear.
Old 09-05-2010, 06:03 PM
Crowman

Ah yes have seen your car at beachy head, very nice mate.
Old 09-05-2010, 07:48 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG"E" View Post
To veiw the pictures:

click on the edit button then save and they will reappear.
Thanks for that Ian, you beat me to it
Old 10-05-2010, 09:17 AM
worzel

I still get moist each time I see this car
Old 10-05-2010, 05:12 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by worzel View Post
I still get moist each time I see this car
That explains a lot
Old 10-05-2010, 06:12 PM
worzel