South East Scoobies  

Go Back   South East Scoobies > General Forums > Non Scooby / Non Car Related

Non Scooby / Non Car Related Anything Non-Scooby related.

Old 12-04-2010, 06:40 PM
It Tick's All His Boxes.....or Scratches Another Itch.

Default Xbox 360 Dual feedback steering wheel - impressed.!

I still get great enjoyment of car games on the Xbox 360, and treated myself to the microsoft steering wheel. Was never that bothered about getting one as I felt the hand controller is enough as at the end day of no matter how good forza 3 is, its still just a game.

But having just got this steering wheel, I am blown away by how good it is and its added a 3rd dimension to the gaming experience. The the dual feedback part of the wheel is stunning and lets you feel every lump, bump, and rumble strip and gives you perfect feedback for when you start to oversteer or understeer, and is weighted nicely and speed relative. Its truly an amazing experience and if like me you thought you were too old to get one of these or worried about looking like a numpty then just go for it you won't regret it.

Still getting used to it, but completed the ring in my standard E46 in 9.25 v's 9.50 previously on the handcontoller, and the enjoyment and experience it 10 times greater.

If anyone else is into Forza 3 we should set down a gauntlett and pick a scoob, evo or E46 M3 in stock form (no mods at all) and see who can get round the ring the quickest.
Old 12-04-2010, 08:05 PM
Bronze Member

i think they are brilliant! and the fact you look like a numpty adds to the fun lol. used to play grid with mine and your right you feel every bump and i swear to god it nearly ripped my arm off when i rammed another car lol you feel alot more connected to the car compared to the normal controller, awesome stuff!
Old 12-04-2010, 09:14 PM
Admin, Meets/Events Organiser

not tried one on the PS3 yet. Got a USB wheel/pedals in the loft that i got about 5 years ago for the PC, wonder if the PS3 will detect it? its USB so maybe?
Old 12-04-2010, 09:29 PM
Admin, Meets/Events Organiser.... formerly known as SilverSurfer

Is this an on ya lap thing or do you need to clamp/bolt it down to a table.
Old 12-04-2010, 09:36 PM
Admin, Meets/Events Organiser

mine needs to be clamped to the table, the force feedback means it would never stay sat on your lap!
Old 12-04-2010, 10:10 PM
Gold Member

Never got on with mine so i sold it on Ebay for more money than you could get them in the shops for
Old 12-04-2010, 10:14 PM
It Tick's All His Boxes.....or Scratches Another Itch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSurfer View Post
Is this an on ya lap thing or do you need to clamp/bolt it down to a table.
You can use it on your lap and the force feedback still does work, but doesn't somehow feel right or the same as being clamped to a table. My coffee table is a little low, and not a perfect drivingposition, but just about OK to use with the pedals under it. The clamp system really works well.

Ironic thing is when I first got it, I was running it on batteries and thought there was little feedback from the wheel, but still fairly impressed. Then I plugged in the mains and the thing really came to life. It needs the mains power to use the motors in the wheel.

If you let you of the wheel when you have a crash it will steer left and right on its on just the same as you wold expect. In normal driving It really does tug and pull against you, and you can feel it all going light when you start to oversteer. The feedback is good enough to make to you take things allot more gently in and out of corners, and be allot less aggresive with your steering. And I won't play any car game now unless I'm in full manual mode, using the flappy paddles is a joy.

Only aids I leave on are Traction control and sometimes stability control. Trying to drive some of the americal muscle cars without traction control is impossible.