South East Scoobies  

Go Back   South East Scoobies > The Showroom > Show 'N' Shine

Show 'N' Shine Cleaning / Detailing Talk

Old 25-04-2010, 10:02 PM
Regular User

Default New shape STI shocker Paint Correction Detail

I had booked in this week for a enhancement detail which ended up being a minor correction due to the state of the paintwork.

For a 2 yr old car with low mileage it had definatly suffered from TOO many car washes of the dreaded dealer broom.

Didn't have many before pics as I got cracking late one evening to get the car washed and clayed and a few stone chips touched up ready for me to get cracking the following morning.

The car was washed/dried/clayed using the usual methods.

I then had the car all taped up ready for machining, then out with the PTG, some low readings of below 100 on the roof and wings but the average was around the 125-130 microns.

This was the state the paintwork was in........

I then got started with machining and knowing how sticky the scooby paintwork is from detailing well over 15 in the past now.

I opted straight for 3m extrafine with a blob of lime prime on a megs polishing pad, this was correctly nicely, just needed finishing down with the g220 and some ultrafina on a lake country finishing pad.

Before:

After:

Before:

After:

some 50/50's

Once all the correcting was done, I fancied a change and polished the exhaust tips.

Before:

After:

Before:

After:

I then sealed the wheels using poorboys wheels sealant, the arches were dressed using 303, the tyres had 2x coats of megs endurance.

I then IPA'd the paintwork to remove and excess oils from the poilshes and then gave the paintwork the 1st coats of Zaino Z2, I opted for 2 layers of this sealant and then advised the owner to buy some and some z8 to maintain the car with, the plastics were dressed using Sonus tyre and bumper dressing.

The glass was cleaned with AG fast glass, and ready for a final blow over with the airline to remove any dust and outside for some finished shots.

Soe of you may have spotted the next car to come through the doors of HV Detailing is a int low miler 390bhp RWD cossie ready for a show next wknd.

Thanks for looking.

Paul
Old 25-04-2010, 10:10 PM
Gold Member

Nice job done there sir

What's the general charge for that?
Old 25-04-2010, 10:16 PM
Regular User

It all depends on the car and paintwork condition really, this car in question was £380 for a 2-3 day detail.

I do sponsor surrey subaru and do a special offer on there for members for 25% discount on all my details.

If the mods can pm me with regards sponsoring this section i'll be happy to help out and offer my services at a reduced rate like the surrey guys.

Paul
Old 25-04-2010, 11:29 PM
Admin, Meets/Events Organiser

nice work