South East Scoobies  

Go Back   South East Scoobies > General Forums > General Car / Scooby Chat

General Car / Scooby Chat General chat, car related. Threads posted in here may well be re-directed to a more relevant home.

Old 03-03-2009, 06:27 PM
Crowman

Default Baz rr figures

Baz
I see your figures from the rolling road, not bad BHP for just exhaust and induction kit.
Torque is low, mine also was down on what i expected.
Did they say why the torque was down?
Have you a graph?
Old 03-03-2009, 08:13 PM
worzel

Default Re: Baz rr figures

Funnily enough. When I told Bob Rawle we were going to Surrey Rolling Road, he said straight away "that means your torque figures will be down"

Take from that what you will!
Old 03-03-2009, 08:38 PM
Platinum Member

You two sound like Jim
At the end of the day we will all be on the SAME rollers on the SAME day
Old 03-03-2009, 09:05 PM
Crowman

Quote:
Originally Posted by C. J.
You two sound like Jim
At the end of the day we will all be on the SAME rollers on the SAME day
Is it a competition then???
Old 03-03-2009, 11:53 PM
worzel

Must be!

I'm just commenting on what one of Europes top mappers has said. He won't be wrong I'm sure.
Old 04-03-2009, 12:40 AM
worzel

I know what you are saying Chris, that it is a level playing field.

But if the playing field is not right to start with then surely somethings wrong?

Who has got the accurate rollers? They all seem to come up different from the sound of things

Lets say for arguements sake I get 340 & 340 at Surrey and then go to PE and get 350 & 360. Who is right? All I want to know accurately is my figures (without being rude) I don't care to a certain degree what anyone else gets, just that mine are correct.
Old 04-03-2009, 06:41 AM
Platinum Member

Well im happy with mine, and yes I have a graph and will get to show you at surrey if you come if not will take a pic very soon and put it up
Old 04-03-2009, 06:56 AM
Crowman

Quote:
Originally Posted by 666subaru
Well im happy with mine, and yes I have a graph and will get to show you at surrey if you come if not will take a pic very soon and put it up
Will have a look at surrey then mate.
I will have my scoob file, just want to see how the curves and torque compare.
I have graph from when i had just decat exhaust fitted, i think i got about 275bhp and about same torque as yours.

Maybe its to do with classics, but they always down on torque!
Old 04-03-2009, 08:21 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by worzel

But if the playing field is not right to start with then surely somethings wrong?

Who has got the accurate rollers? They all seem to come up different from the sound of things

Lets say for arguements sake I get 340 & 340 at Surrey and then go to PE and get 350 & 360. Who is right? All I want to know accurately is my figures (without being rude) I don't care to a certain degree what anyone else gets, just that mine are correct.
Well think bobs wrong as charlie has been rated by many mags as having the most accurate rollers in the country .
As for compition no its not I'm just saying if every one use's the same rollers its easy to compare
Old 04-03-2009, 10:21 AM
worzel

Quote:
Originally Posted by C. J.
Quote:

Well think bobs wrong as charlie has been rated by many mags as having the most accurate rollers in the country .
As for compition no its not I'm just saying if every one use's the same rollers its easy to compare
I totally agree that it is the best way to compare and it is a level playing field.

It's one of those things that all of the rolling roads will say they are better than others, or will have truer readings. At Power engineering, when I had mine done before it had been tinkered with, it was pretty spot on to what it should have been after a year. What should have been when new 301bhp was 299bhp and torque when new should have 305nm and was 302nm. That was with the car being in unmolested form and as Prodrive supplied it, which says to me that their rollers are (or at least were)pretty accurate.

I'm not trying to be arguementative here at all. I would just like to know who's rollers actually are the most accurate. As they will ALL say that theirs are.

The only way to compare is to all go to the same rolling road, I agree with that without question.

I would just like to know which one would give me the true figures of my car? I'm not going to be gutted if my car shows figures down on Bobs Ekutec Road Dyno, as I know that my car feels strong enough for what I want. And that is all that really counts

Although......... I will get extremely pissed off and probably stomp out if I get readings of 212bhp & 212nm
Old 04-03-2009, 10:24 AM
Crowman

I love a good old rolling road debate
Old 04-03-2009, 10:29 AM
worzel

I know, it's great isn't it!

The one thing that CJ says that does make big sense is that all the people we know (Sussex / Surrey and now us) will have used these rollers, so as a group it will give an equal comparison.

But, you can imagine the conversations if you were at either as follows:

At Power Engineering: Yeah, Surreys rollers are ****, their torque figures are always 10-15nm down on true figures.

At Surrey: Yeah Power Engineerings rollers are ****, their torque figures are artificially high.

6 of one and half a dozen of the other I think
Old 04-03-2009, 10:39 AM
Platinum Member

Will see what Bob says on Saturday and will have another graph, hopefully, to submit to the pot of evidence.

In the real world, on the road, the weight of the car will have significant input into whether additional bhp will allow you to pull away from a less powerful but lighter car. I thought it was great that when we went to the GTArt rolling road they weighed the cars before doing the power runs.

So, if it's a competition, we should take weight into account also!
Old 04-03-2009, 10:58 AM
worzel

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUBARMAN
Will see what Bob says on Saturday and will have another graph, hopefully, to submit to the pot of evidence.

In the real world, on the road, the weight of the car will have significant input into whether additional bhp will allow you to pull away from a less powerful but lighter car. I thought it was great that when we went to the GTArt rolling road they weighed the cars before doing the power runs.

So, if it's a competition, we should take weight into account also!
Which is where in theory, road dynos should be the most accurate way of doing it.

That reminds me, I will chase Bob for my graph today.
Old 04-03-2009, 01:22 PM
Crowman

You guys think i am fitting a FMIC.
When really its just a cunning plan to install my solid fuel burners and warp drives.
Not to forget the 64 speed sequential box

Oh and the very secret wooshel impeller. Hush now
Old 04-03-2009, 02:35 PM
worzel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowman
When really its just a cunning plan to install my solid fuel burners and warp drives.

You been eating wagon wheels again!
Old 04-03-2009, 02:52 PM
Platinum Member

MESSAGE GARBLER ON!

The wooshell impeller is a stand-alone device and not for the faint hearted. This has been on test with the Squadron boffins for months now! They can't get the idle-gasp to settle in the cleave-tin without spraying it with nibble foam under pressure. Now been handed to the saloonies for them to have a go at perfecting it!

Good luck Martyn (a trustworthy Saloonie privy to some Squadron secrets........but not others!!!!)

MESSAGE GARBLER OFF!
Old 04-03-2009, 04:05 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
I know, it's great isn't it!

The one thing that CJ says that does make big sense is that all the people we know (Sussex / Surrey and now us) will have used these rollers, so as a group it will give an equal comparison.

But, you can imagine the conversations if you were at either as follows:

At Power Engineering: Yeah, Surreys rollers are poo, their torque figures are always 10-15nm down on true figures.

At Surrey: Yeah Power Engineerings rollers are poo, their torque figures are artificially high.

6 of one and half a dozen of the other I think
SOXC ,MLR, lotus owners club , porsche owners club , Ultima club the list goes on and they all come back time & time again so its not just us scooby doos
Old 04-03-2009, 08:12 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Quote:

You been eating wagon wheels again!
Have you been out drinking with SUBARMAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-03-2009, 08:41 PM
Admin, Meets/Events Organiser.... formerly known as SilverSurfer

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by 666subaru
Will have a look at surrey then mate.
I will have my scoob file, just want to see how the curves and torque compare.
I have graph from when i had just decat exhaust fitted, i think i got about 275bhp and about same torque as yours.

Maybe its to do with classics, but they always down on torque!
Nothing to do with Classics, mine was 305/305 last time out.
it's mainly down to the boost curve.
flat curve (or should I say line) will have much higher BHP then torque
high mid-range boost (where car can handle it), taperring to lower top end boost (where maybe it can't) will give much better torque figures.

BHP is a calculation of Torque Vs Rpm. BHP is pub talk, Torque is what ya butt feels......

I don't understand how Bob can say SRR will give a low torque figure, if it does then so will the BHP.
Torque (ftlb) will always equal Power (BHP) at 5250rpm i.e on the RR plot they will meet/cross.

BHP = (torque/5250) x rpm