South East Scoobies  

Go Back   South East Scoobies > General Forums > General Car / Scooby Chat

General Car / Scooby Chat General chat, car related. Threads posted in here may well be re-directed to a more relevant home.

Old 11-02-2009, 07:33 PM
Admin, Meets/Events Organiser.... formerly known as SilverSurfer

Default Oops..I seem to of upset someone, but have kissed an made up

I havn't been on there for probably 6 months - 1 year.
Perhaps I shouldn't of bothered :
http://forums.sidc.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=127778

it's amazing that I can go on S'net (although don't do that much these days), and alot of people know who I am and what I do.
Yet, and this isn't the first time, I go on SIDC and get the opposite response.
Old 11-02-2009, 07:43 PM
Crowman

Default Re: Oops..I seem to of upset someone on SIDC

Just does my head in, You were only offering your opinion based on past experience.
Some people huh!
Old 11-02-2009, 07:52 PM
Regular User

Think he's just upset you mentioned coil packs before he did.
What a muppett
Old 11-02-2009, 08:42 PM

Makes me laugh that his first line is to ask to confirm if it is running standard boost and if it has a 2 or 3 port.

Well a 3-port is standard on that MY and the OP has already stated it was sold to him as running 305BHP.
The STi 8 doesn't even hit 305BHP unless Prodrive have had a go at it, so that should of been a big clue it wasn't running standard boost.
Old 11-02-2009, 09:23 PM
tazman

Your not the only one

http://http://forums.sidc.co.uk/inde...ic=128044&st=0

Old 12-02-2009, 08:52 AM
Admin, Meets/Events Organiser

there's too many muppets on the internet, i tried convincing someone on s/net that their standard bugeye WRX PPP wasn't going to make 275bhp and got an earful because of it. Apparantly all the others out there making 230-250bhp must just be crap cars

never mind eh.......
Old 12-02-2009, 09:40 AM
Platinum Member

Well Scott. Looked at this with interest, as I go on there a lot. If only I knew what you and Big D were talking about.

By your own admission , you have not been on there much. I therefore feel that your sample size may be a bit small as a judgement on the whole SIDC forum.

This sort of thing is going on all the time, and it is not just on SIDC. The guy did apologise to you once he knew who you were. Be quick to judge SIDC if you must.................

And I have only posted this because I find that the people I deal with do a great job under difficult circumstances. I am not defending Big D, just the SIDC forum as a whole.
Old 12-02-2009, 09:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUBARMAN
Well Scott. Looked at this with interest, as I go on there a lot. If only I knew what you and Big D were talking about.

By your own admission , you have not been on there much. I therefore feel that your sample size may be a bit small as a judgement on the whole SIDC forum.

This sort of thing is going on all the time, and it is not just on SIDC. The guy did apologise to you once he knew who you were. Be quick to judge SIDC if you must.................

And I have only posted this because I find that the people I deal with do a great job under difficult circumstances. I am not defending Big D, just the SIDC forum as a whole.
True he did apologise, maybe it's me in the wrong thinking most on SIDC are also on S'net, hence I would be recognised as a valid contributor.

Still doesn't take away the fact he claims to be an expert yet doesn't know which models do and don't have a 3-port boost solenoid.
Old 13-02-2009, 09:24 AM
Platinum Member

It must be a very fine line to walk, when you see someone posting up stuff that has errors/omissions in it, and you offer an alternative source of data, which is not necessarily readily accepted.

I don't envy anyone offering advice of a technical nature on a forum, especially when they enter an already established series of communications between parties.

Anyway, I don't think you really upset Big D (title of this thread) or he would not have apologised. Once he realised who you were, I thought he took you seriously.
Old 13-02-2009, 05:34 PM
Platinum Member

Default Re: Oops..I seem to of upset someone, but have kissed an made up

Like the new thread title too!!!