South East Scoobies  

Go Back   South East Scoobies > General Forums > General Car / Scooby Chat

General Car / Scooby Chat General chat, car related. Threads posted in here may well be re-directed to a more relevant home.

Old 13-02-2009, 09:36 AM
Bronze Member

Default FACEBOOK

i have just joined sussex scoobies on facebook.. why dont all of us at SES get a facebook profile!!! sure we can do it better than them?? what do you think??
Old 13-02-2009, 10:04 AM
worzel

Default Re: FACEBOOK

I know absolutely nothing about Facebook. I'm sure some other people do on here. It wouldn't be the worst idea
Old 13-02-2009, 11:09 AM
Bronze Member

well put it to the vote, if alot of people like the idea we can have at look at doing it.. facebook is really easy to use. lets see what response we get.
Old 13-02-2009, 01:37 PM
worzel

I'm in!
Old 13-02-2009, 02:04 PM
Silver Member

Sounds good!
Old 13-02-2009, 03:11 PM
Bronze Member

wicked .. do we have someone who wants to set it up?? i dont mind doing it ??
Old 13-02-2009, 03:32 PM
Silver Member

Get the ok from the mods as you do not want to step on any toes!
Old 13-02-2009, 03:59 PM
Bronze Member

ok.. who do i need to ask then ??
Old 13-02-2009, 05:03 PM
Admin, Meets/Events Organiser.... formerly known as SilverSurfer

I've been registered for a while but only started using it 2 weeks ago.
sounds like a plan
Old 13-02-2009, 05:09 PM
Bronze Member

ok sweet.. so who do we speak to to get the ok ??
Old 13-02-2009, 05:23 PM
Bronze Member

Im in omen
[img]http://i223.photobucket.com/albums/dd79/mitsyloo/scoobyLolly.jpg[/img][img]http://i223.photobucket.com/albums/dd79/mitsyloo/lollyone.jpg[/img][img]http://i223.photobucket.com/albums/dd79/mitsyloo/SP_A0025-1.jpg[/img]
Old 13-02-2009, 05:52 PM
Regular User

It is pretty easy to set a group up. It would be nice to put a bit of a description about who SES are as Sussex's looks a bit bare without one.
Old 13-02-2009, 08:46 PM
Silver Member

im there
Old 13-02-2009, 08:51 PM
Gold Member

It's an ok from me, just don't want to seem as we are in competition or following sussex.
Old 13-02-2009, 09:18 PM
Events / Ring Trip Organiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by DukeBoy
don't want to seem as we are in competition or following sussex.

Personaly cant see the point.
Old 13-02-2009, 09:31 PM
Silver Member

I think Rich is right
Old 13-02-2009, 09:52 PM
Bronze Member

well im easy, but i think it would be a good idea... not every1 has to use it?? ill leave it to the vote, dnt wanna upset ne1???
Old 13-02-2009, 09:54 PM
Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cath
I think Rich is right

y r u a member of sussex on facebook then /??
Old 13-02-2009, 10:17 PM
Silver Member

Because I'm a sussexscoobies member

what I meant, we want to be seen as leaders not followers
Old 13-02-2009, 10:41 PM
Regular User

It doesn't have to be the same as sussex. There are also people here who don't use or are banned from sussex.
Old 13-02-2009, 11:45 PM
Bronze Member

On facebook im on scoobycity, sussex, touge and the subaru community so it would be nice to see south east on there
[img]http://i223.photobucket.com/albums/dd79/mitsyloo/scoobyLolly.jpg[/img][img]http://i223.photobucket.com/albums/dd79/mitsyloo/lollyone.jpg[/img][img]http://i223.photobucket.com/albums/dd79/mitsyloo/SP_A0025-1.jpg[/img]
Old 14-02-2009, 09:47 AM
Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LollyMccray
On facebook im on scoobycity, sussex, touge and the subaru community so it would be nice to see south east on there
exactly!! lets do it, but better than them, as said , there r people on ses that are not on anyother scooby site, for whatever reason. we should just do it?? why worry about other clubs, its a good idea and i think we should just do it for us? well who do we have to ask?? tell me and i will pm them, as said again i want to check with the powers to be first, and also people who dont wanna join, dont have too??
Old 14-02-2009, 10:27 AM
Admin, Meets/Events Organiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by omen46
exactly!! lets do it, but better than them
i also agree with Rich - Sussex have had a good idea, now it'll just look like we're just copying them. We're not trying to compete with them, but saying we'll be better than them is exactly that

a lot of members on here are members on Sussex - i am, and go to meets organised by both.

but either way, if someone created one, i'd still join. i'm a facebook junkie
Old 14-02-2009, 10:49 AM
Bronze Member

I have to say..... i really didnt think it would be such a big deal...... so sussex r on face book, most people on here are on sussex anyway?? so if that is the case.... why are we worried about looking like we are competing with them?? if you belong to sussex.... then surely you are saying in a round about way, you are competing with yourself??? ?? so if all the clubs go on facebook, we still wont?? jus cos we r worried what they think? hmmm blimy who cares! if people really feel that strongly about it, then dont join..... simple, but the people who think it is a good idea, can enjoy it!!

lets not blow this out from what it is.... its only setting up a SES facebook profile,

why dont we see how many people but there names down for it?? ill start.. lol add ya names people!!

i would like a SES facebook profile

1. omen
Old 14-02-2009, 11:20 AM
Gold Member

As i said if thats what people want then i don't have a problem with it, but we are not doing it just to compete or be better than sussex.
Old 14-02-2009, 02:37 PM
Bronze Member

1. Omen
2. Lollymccray
Old 14-02-2009, 02:44 PM
Bronze Member

I will say im on all the sites and i dont class one better then the other, i have made good friends from all the groups, most of us are on more then one anyway, we can give it a go and if something is said just pull out, but i dont think they will judge southeast on facebook and if im wrong i will eat my words
Old 14-02-2009, 03:14 PM
worzel

Quote:
As i said if thats what people want then i don't have a problem with it, but we are not doing it just to compete or be better than sussex.
I agree with this sentiment exactly.

If we do it, I think we would all want it done really well. I still attend Sussex & SES meets, there is no point in trying to make a point and say lets do it better. The whole ethos of this site is to get South East Scooby clubs to come together a bit more. Slowly but surely we will get there.

General consensus with the Modrators (so far) is that as long as we aren't "competing" with anyone, then it may be a goer. We also understand that all you are trying to do is raise our clubs profile, which we are really happy with. We appreciate the fact that you want to further the club on a national forum. But hopefully, you will apreciate that we would like it to be just right.

For my two pennys worth, can we give it a week or two to gather the ideas that both you the members have and also the ideas of the full moderating team? This way, if (when) it does go ahead, it will be a proper "group" effort. With input from everyone, not just a select few! How does that sound.
Old 14-02-2009, 03:23 PM
Silver Member

Old 14-02-2009, 03:26 PM
Platinum Member

Dont see the point in it, I'm on another forum which has had a facebook section for over a year and not a lot happens on there which has not been on the forum !
Only used as a dates and shows attend for getting new members .
Old 14-02-2009, 03:48 PM
Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by worzel
Quote:
I agree with this sentiment exactly.

If we do it, I think we would all want it done really well. I still attend Sussex & SES meets, there is no point in trying to make a point and say lets do it better. The whole ethos of this site is to get South East Scooby clubs to come together a bit more. Slowly but surely we will get there.

General consensus with the Modrators (so far) is that as long as we aren't "competing" with anyone, then it may be a goer. We also understand that all you are trying to do is raise our clubs profile, which we are really happy with. We appreciate the fact that you want to further the club on a national forum. But hopefully, you will apreciate that we would like it to be just right.

For my two pennys worth, can we give it a week or two to gather the ideas that both you the members have and also the ideas of the full moderating team? This way, if (when) it does go ahead, it will be a proper "group" effort. With input from everyone, not just a select few! How does that sound.
yeah thats fine! i really never wanted to make a problem for anyone?? just thought it would be good for us!! for people like me i dont know anyone from any other sights. so me joining sussex was abit pointless.... but i have met a few of you from here and some are on my facebook anyway. but i just thought it would be nice if we had a club site!? as i dont know what half of you look like!! ha ha . facebook is huge, and could give us a different edge and also maybe bring more people to our club! as i remember when i got my scooby, the first thing i did was look on facebook for clubs. only to find national clubs. i think many people would find us this way!! i understand it should be done properly and would be more than happy for one of the mods to set it up. or i would try my best and set it up as good as i could n hope you lot liked it.
Old 14-02-2009, 04:22 PM
worzel

Mate, please don't think we are down on the idea at all. What you are trying to do is further the club. And you should be thanked for that.

It's not my bag personally but I know it is for a lot of people. So from that point of view it has to be a good thing for the the club. You never know, I might even actually get on there

Are you coming to the meet on the 28th? Be a good idea to discuss it there face to face. There are a good amount of moderaters going to the meet. That we we could come to an agreement as a collective and prove that we mean hat we say about this being a club for everyone! And not just a select few.

Anyone who wants a say in this idea and how it progresses could come along and put to us in person on the 28th. Then we could get this idea sorted just how we ALL want it
Old 14-02-2009, 04:39 PM
Bronze Member

Quote:
Mate, please don't think we are down on the idea at all. What you are trying to do is further the club. And you should be thanked for that.

It's not my bag personally but I know it is for a lot of people. So from that point of view it has to be a good thing for the the club. You never know, I might even actually get on there

Are you coming to the meet on the 28th? Be a good idea to discuss it there face to face. There are a good amount of moderaters going to the meet. That we we could come to an agreement as a collective and prove that we mean hat we say about this being a club for everyone! And not just a select few.

Anyone who wants a say in this idea and how it progresses could come along and put to us in person on the 28th. Then we could get this idea sorted just how we ALL want it

sounds a good idea! and i would love too, but i work every blimin saturday.....!! pants i no......
Old 14-02-2009, 04:43 PM
worzel

Thats a bugger.
Old 14-02-2009, 04:51 PM
Bronze Member

Quote:
Thats a bugger.
yeah tell me about it, i work every sat, n every other sunday!!!

but would like to meet up and talk this over with everyone though.... its just when !
Old 14-02-2009, 04:55 PM

Time to take a day off then.
Old 14-02-2009, 05:10 PM
Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG E
chance would b a fine thing!!! they r like ' damien, u have one day off a week! what more do u want, now get out my office!!' ha ha
Old 14-02-2009, 08:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by omen46
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG E
chance would b a fine thing!!! they r like ' damien, u have one day off a week! what more do u want, now get out my office!!' ha ha
Time for tummy bug.