South East Scoobies  

Go Back   South East Scoobies > General Forums > General Car / Scooby Chat

General Car / Scooby Chat General chat, car related. Threads posted in here may well be re-directed to a more relevant home.

Old 13-02-2009, 04:24 PM
Silver Member

Default A dad at 13

All over the news

A 13-year-old boy has become a father - and insists he will be a good parent. Skip related content
Related photos / videos A 13-year-old boy, who gets £10 pocket money, has become a father Alfie Patten's girlfriend Chantelle Steadman, 15, gave birth to Maisie Roxanne in Eastbourne Hospital, East Sussex, four days ago, The Sun said.

The boy, who is just 4ft and looks young for his age, told the newspaper: "I thought it would be good to have a baby," but admitted he did not think about how he would afford it. "I don't really get pocket money. My dad sometimes gives me £10," he said.

Alfie, who lives with his mother Nicola, 43, in Eastbourne, was 12 when Maisie was conceived.

The pair, who have the support of their parents, kept the pregnancy secret until Chantelle's mother Penny noticed her daughter's swollen belly.

Alfie said: "When my mum found out, I thought I was going to get in trouble.

"We wanted to have the baby but were worried how people would react. I didn't know what it would be like to be a dad. I will be good, though, and care for it."

Alfie's father Dennis said his son wanted to be a devoted and responsible father, but did not fully appreciate what he had taken on by having a child.

He said Alfie had wanted to be the first to hold his child. "He could have shrugged his shoulders and sat at home on his Playstation. But he has been at the hospital every day," he said.

Chantelle and Maisie were released from hospital on Thursday and are living with her family in a council house in Eastbourne.

Its heartbreaking to think a young boy becoming a dad,when he should be out playing...

i have a 13 year old,only intrested in the psp the wii and his pitbike
Old 13-02-2009, 05:29 PM
Bronze Member

Default Re: A dad at 13

Same here Tracy my son is 16 and intersted in his bike and xbox, he has to many plans for the future He does like the girls though
[img]http://i223.photobucket.com/albums/dd79/mitsyloo/scoobyLolly.jpg[/img][img]http://i223.photobucket.com/albums/dd79/mitsyloo/lollyone.jpg[/img][img]http://i223.photobucket.com/albums/dd79/mitsyloo/SP_A0025-1.jpg[/img]
Old 13-02-2009, 05:44 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LollyMccray
Same here Tracy my son is 16 and intersted in his bike and xbox, he has to many plans for the future He does like the girls though
i also have a 17 year old,likes the girls a little too much
Old 13-02-2009, 06:58 PM
Admin, Meets/Events Organiser.... formerly known as SilverSurfer

Just saw it on the news, he didn't look much older/bigger then my 9 year old.
As for the 15 year old mother...I expect she was just using him to experiement with her newly aquired hormones.
Old 14-02-2009, 08:28 AM
Platinum Member

I will be 13 next year - better get started!!!!!
Old 14-02-2009, 02:46 PM
Bronze Member

[img]http://i223.photobucket.com/albums/dd79/mitsyloo/scoobyLolly.jpg[/img][img]http://i223.photobucket.com/albums/dd79/mitsyloo/lollyone.jpg[/img][img]http://i223.photobucket.com/albums/dd79/mitsyloo/SP_A0025-1.jpg[/img]
Old 14-02-2009, 03:19 PM
worzel

It's such a sad state of affairs.

I think that the "Sun" have handled the whole thing really badly. I saw the picture in the newsagent this morning on the front of todays Sun, with the "Dad" holding his baby in his arms and a PS3 controller in his hands, with the "Mum" just sat grinning.

British journolism at its finest
Old 15-02-2009, 04:40 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by worzel
with the "Mum" just sat grinning.
Seen the pictures and in todays NOTW there are more potential fathers. Surely looking at her should have been a good enough contraception. She must have very good "black out" curtains.
Old 15-02-2009, 09:05 PM
Bronze Member

Location: Commuting somewhere between West Sussex and New Malden...

Quote:
Originally Posted by m1cks
Quote:
Originally Posted by worzel
with the "Mum" just sat grinning.
Seen the pictures and in todays NOTW there are more potential fathers. Surely looking at her should have been a good enough contraception. She must have very good "black out" curtains.
At that age, looks alone aren't a good enough contraceptive

A father with a shotgun at the side of his sofa is!

What were the parents thinking?
Old 15-02-2009, 09:43 PM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lady-turbo-wrx
Quote:

Tao likes girls dose she
Old 15-02-2009, 09:46 PM
Silver Member

[quote=2-jaffacake-tone]
Quote:
Originally Posted by "lady-turbo-wrx":1ejj9n6g
Quote:

Tao likes girls dose she [/quote:1ejj9n6g]

Not Tao you plum she's only 15 remember
its Dan (Wingers) thats 17