South East Scoobies  

Go Back   South East Scoobies > Events & Meets > Other Events

Other Events Other Regional Events, National Events, Track Days, Tunnel Runs Etc Etc

Old 21-05-2012, 11:06 AM
Bronze Member

Default 22B Sprint Series Round 3 Blyton

Decided to enter this event to set the car up for my Snetterton Borough 19 sprint, the circuit is very similer regarding surface type and cornerspeed.

Quite a few of the SES members were there today, most in the same class S2 and Simon was giving his car a shakedown in S3.

Walked the track and soon realised when a 60 second circuit takes half an hour to walk that its a power circuit, lol. Thought S2 honours were going to one of the 450-500+ cars so set my sights on John Felstead as my performance yardstick. However after practice it was looking good, the car felt good on its 'fast circuit' setting that I'd guestimated from my usual tight track settings, so I decided not to change anything through the day, just add meth for the timed runs. Bit of a backward step at first, the car pulled loads of timing - the syvecs wasn't happy with the knock it was seeing, my fault since the 2nd hand 321T I'd fitted wasn't holding boost at the top end during mapping and afterwards I played with duty cycles to no avail. Should have foreseen this because I had to call Simon last weekend at Honington when the vpower map was also detting due to me playing around with the boost control.

However my times were improving throughout the timed runs (ignore alarms, keep foot in!) and it was extremely close between myself, John felstead and "Paulo Spec C" all afternoon, my tip for Blyton was CJ for the win but it just wasn't his day today. With laptop issues Simon didn't get to fully sort the map until the final run, where I went into it 9 hundreths behind John and a few tenths ahead of Paulo. Bogged the start, arse! it hadn't done that before, oh keep going, just went deeper and deeper into the braking zones and finally managed to nail the 2 chicanes and the final 2 sweeping corners in the same lap. Was it quick enough? It was by far my best lap but did the start kill the time? Driving into the paddock with no idea I look around to see if anyone knew and there was CJ giving me the finger, lol the Vettel finger No.1 and 3 tenths up, awesome! And now the agonizing wait for John to complete his final lap, he didn't improve so the class win was mine

This is my first 22B.com Sprint via the MLR Sprint series and I must say it is so slick, so well organised, well supported by both competitors and sponsors. My dad enjoyed the day immensely, he had to sit down after the final run, good job he was on his sofa in leafy Surrey following it on his phone

Was great to meet up with Damien, Simon, CJ and others, also putting faces to other names too.

Many thanks to Simon for his help despite his car having its own issues, and to Steven Darley for the oil when my topup can was empty.

Great day, nice trophy - thanks to Bright Green Detailing for sponsoring the 22b series.

Practice http://www.lancerregister.com/downlo...20Practice.pdf

Timed runs http://www.lancerregister.com/downlo...ompetitive.pdf

Pics to come no doubt!!

Awesome day yesterday - completely knackered now!

WINNER - Scooby Shootout 2011 Modified Handling class

WINNER - MLR Blyton Sprint 2012 Class S2

9th Overall - Ten Of The Best 2012 handling circuit 2 points for team Subaru 22B.com

With thanks to: ASTsuspensionUK.com JollyGreenMonster.co.uk ASPerformance.com AndyForrestPerformance.co.uk SD Motorsport
Old 21-05-2012, 12:19 PM
worzel

Superb stuff Justin, great result there matey
Old 21-05-2012, 02:29 PM
Crowman

Fantastic stuff mate
Can you pos details of cuter events , would like to come along to one
Cheers
Old 21-05-2012, 03:00 PM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin View Post
agonizing wait for John to complete his final lap, he didn't improve so the class win was mine!
Well done Justin, you must of been running illegal tyres! (I bet he checked) lol
Old 21-05-2012, 03:02 PM
Bronze Member

Yep its all in my Borough 19 thread in this section, next event in Snetterton June 3rd

Thanks

9th Overall - Ten Of The Best 2012 handling circuit 2 points for team Subaru 22B.com

With thanks to: ASTsuspensionUK.com JollyGreenMonster.co.uk ASPerformance.com AndyForrestPerformance.co.uk SD Motorsport
Old 21-05-2012, 03:10 PM
Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DukeBoy View Post
Well done Justin, you must of been running illegal tyres! (I bet he checked) lol
Ha! After the last round I think everyone knows what is and isn't allowed!

The guy who checked out my tyres wasn't there today, different Sprint series.

I will just say now that I have absolutely zero issues with any 22B.com competitiors, all happy handshakes at the trophy awards yesterday

If anything I'd like to think I get on very well with everybody who were present yesterday, doesn't mean everybody has to get on with everyone else! Thats life but no drama here!