South East Scoobies  

Go Back   South East Scoobies > Events & Meets > The Ring Zone

The Ring Zone The area for the Annual S.E.S Ring Trip. Plus all the information you will ever need on the infamous Nurburgring.

Old 23-05-2017, 04:39 PM
Formerly Taomyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by scotty View Post
Now you know why i want another black blob check the shine on that
He never stopped cleaning it - like the old days of the Forth bridge, he'd get all the way round and start again. Don't think he actually slept.
Old 23-05-2017, 09:37 PM
Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taomyn View Post
Just got home - had an extremely good time and the hotel was cracking. Was really nice to meet everyone and to get to share some great moments (the ice cream incident), and especially the awesome passenger trip round the Ring with Steve - wow, just wow. Hope the rest of you have a safe and more pleasant journey back unlike the miserable trip out here.

I've just had time as I chill out to sort my photos into a Google album, so enjoy. I'm not a huge photographer so there aren't too many. Hope to have my GoPro footage sorted in the next day or two, I really hope the sound in the tunnels comes out.

Can't wait for 2018
Nice photos and nice to see you.

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk
Old 23-05-2017, 09:44 PM

Thanks all for loads of fun! Nice to meet you Taomyn and cracking snaps!

In reply to Shane, the white scoob was collectively owned by 4 guys from Scotland! This was their 3rd visit, Steve and I borrowed some tools from them to fix his car when it was a little poorly

Mapped and maintained by FBTuning 07595 493581.
Old 23-05-2017, 10:10 PM
Formerly STIWR1

Quote:
Just got home - had an extremely good time and the hotel was cracking. Was really nice to meet everyone and to get to share some great moments (the ice cream incident), and especially the awesome passenger trip round the Ring with Steve - wow, just wow. Hope the rest of you have a safe and more pleasant journey back unlike the miserable trip out here.

I've just had time as I chill out to sort my photos into a Google album, so enjoy. I'm not a huge photographer so there aren't too many. Hope to have my GoPro footage sorted in the next day or two, I really hope the sound in the tunnels comes out.

Can't wait for 2018
Great Pic's
Old 24-05-2017, 10:57 AM
Admin, Meets/Events Organiser

Quote:
JWas really nice to meet everyone and to get to share some great moments (the ice cream incident), and especially the awesome passenger trip round the Ring with Steve - wow, just wow.
Damn ice creams but well played...

And no problem re: lap, it wasn't the quickest as you know due to boost issues but tried to keep the pace up in the corners/braking

Quote:
Yes. That is correct Terry. I did not. At any time. Take my STI. Around the Ring. Nope. Not once. Not even photographic evidence.

That's funny, i'm sure I saw a scoob just like yours out there whilst going round...
Old 24-05-2017, 04:18 PM
Silver Member

You couldn't of possibly seen his car on the track I still cannot find a single photo of it lol.

But a great trip Lucy and I both thoroughly enjoyed it and cannot wait until the next one
Old 24-05-2017, 05:01 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil97rs View Post
But a great trip Lucy and I both thoroughly enjoyed it and cannot wait until the next one
Only 365 days to go for the next trip

1998 UK Turbo , 1998 Terzo , 1997 JDM Type R the money pit , 2004 black WRX STI Type UK , 2004 blue FSTI
Old 24-05-2017, 05:30 PM

No next years needs to be first week of June or after !!!!!! Please and thankyou! Pmsl

Maintained and Modified by Super Jules
&
RM Performance http://www.rmperformance.co.uk
Old 24-05-2017, 06:26 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rdlangy1 View Post
No next years needs to be first week of June or after !!!!!! Please and thankyou! Pmsl
That sounds like a plan gives me extra time to have both cars ready haha .

1998 UK Turbo , 1998 Terzo , 1997 JDM Type R the money pit , 2004 black WRX STI Type UK , 2004 blue FSTI
Old 24-05-2017, 08:45 PM
Formerly Taomyn

Nope, it was not me and I do not in any way admit I deserve to display this on my car

That's even not me you can see taking the photo
Old 24-05-2017, 09:20 PM

Quote:
Nope, it was not me and I do not in any way admit I deserve to display this on my car

Wahey! Proper Scoob now, a well deserved sticker.
Old 24-05-2017, 09:24 PM
Bronze Member

Quote:

That sticker belongs on there, a well deserved lap.....

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk
Old 26-05-2017, 03:55 PM
Formerly STIWR1

The guy that crashed the M3 on the Saturday has been put a couple of posts up on M3Cutters Forum. Back end stepped out on him. Bit of a lesson in wearing the helmet which I didn't do on my first lap must admit.

http://forums.m3cutters.co.uk/showthread.php?t=176794
Old 26-05-2017, 04:23 PM
Admin, Meets/Events Organiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikkinokkinoo View Post
The guy that crashed the M3 on the Saturday has been put a couple of posts up on M3Cutters Forum. Back end stepped out on him. Bit of a lesson in wearing the helmet which I didn't do on my first lap must admit.

http://forums.m3cutters.co.uk/showthread.php?t=176794
That must be incredibly difficult for the guy, knowing that he was driving when it happened and his mate lost his life. Poor bloke

I always wear a helmet on the Ring, but I know there are arguments both ways - such as the extra load on your neck in the event of a frontal impact (unless you go HANS).
Old 27-05-2017, 12:28 AM

Fair play for him for posting up, cant even begin to imagine what he must be going through.

thoughts with the family and friends of his friend.

Mapped and maintained by FBTuning 07595 493581.