South East Scoobies  

Go Back   South East Scoobies > The Studio > Photography Discussion

Photography Discussion All your photographic chit chat

Old 26-06-2011, 04:17 PM
Regular User

Default Air shows

Hi all

Does anyone on this site like or visit airshows around the uk and if so which ones and where. Really annoyed they have messed with Biggin Hill and that will not be the same as it was over the last few years. I will have to go to Waddington or RIAT again or may be Dunsfold. Anyone else have any suggestions on air shows in general?
Old 26-06-2011, 04:25 PM
Gold Member

Subarmans your man on the air show front... Over and out !!
Old 26-06-2011, 04:40 PM
Regular User

Roger
Old 26-06-2011, 06:20 PM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snow scoobie55 View Post
Roger
Keith I think....?
Old 27-06-2011, 06:12 AM
Platinum Member

We are off to Fairford this year as always and we go to the pimms enclosure, will get some pics and put them up for all to see, its going to be a fantastic show this year too.
Old 27-06-2011, 09:32 AM
worzel

Airbourne on Eastbourne seafront is a great airshow, a free weekend event too, although Friday sometimes is a smaller display, no Red Arrows and some others.
Old 27-06-2011, 05:44 PM
Silver Member

I will be going to the Eastbourne Airshow and after seeing Baz's post I have now booked 2 tickets for the Fairford one on the sunday!! Looks GOOD
Old 27-06-2011, 10:14 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WRX_Paul View Post
I will be going to the Eastbourne Airshow and after seeing Baz's post I have now booked 2 tickets for the Fairford one on the sunday!! Looks GOOD
Nice one Paul, have a great time im sure you will enjoy it
Old 30-06-2011, 03:21 PM
Regular User

roger, roger thanks for your suggestions. I have been to both Eastbourne and RIAT and will be at both again this year. I am also going to see what Waddington and Yeovilton are like this year. Has anybody been to either of these as I can only find out what is says on their websites but they sound like they will be worth a visit as the USAF Thunderbirds and a MIG-29 will be the highlight of each event. So a good chance of some good pics if the weather holds for Waddington on Sunday of the Thunderbirds and I will post some on the site if they are ok. Be interesting to see them back to back with the Red Arrows as well.
Old 30-06-2011, 05:12 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
roger, roger thanks for your suggestions. I have been to both Eastbourne and RIAT and will be at both again this year. I am also going to see what Waddington and Yeovilton are like this year. Has anybody been to either of these as I can only find out what is says on their websites but they sound like they will be worth a visit as the USAF Thunderbirds and a MIG-29 will be the highlight of each event. So a good chance of some good pics if the weather holds for Waddington on Sunday of the Thunderbirds and I will post some on the site if they are ok. Be interesting to see them back to back with the Red Arrows as well.
Mig 29 is flying into Fairford but it will be on static display only, there is an A-10 warthog coming though
Old 30-06-2011, 11:32 PM
Regular User

I was looking into other airshows around the UK and found that a MIG-29 is being dispalyed by the Polish Air Force at the Yeovilton airshow on July 9 so it should be a good show to visit and worth a trip to Somerset via the good old A303. Its not the only fast jet to display as the Red Arrows and the Vulcan will also be there so if you are inerested then here is the link on what is flying on the day. http://www.royalnavy.mod.uk/operatio...tors/index.htm
I have seen the A-10 warthog before during what used to be called a fiire power demonstration at Warminster when it did more than just make pretty shapes in the sky and used its fantastic gatling gun on the nearby hillside. Hopefully it won't be using that during RIAT but it is still a great bit of flying kit none the less. Well worth seeing.
Old 01-07-2011, 11:18 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
I was looking into other airshows around the UK and found that a MIG-29 is being dispalyed by the Polish Air Force at the Yeovilton airshow on July 9 so it should be a good show to visit and worth a trip to Somerset via the good old A303. Its not the only fast jet to display as the Red Arrows and the Vulcan will also be there so if you are inerested then here is the link on what is flying on the day. http://www.royalnavy.mod.uk/operatio...tors/index.htm
I have seen the A-10 warthog before during what used to be called a fiire power demonstration at Warminster when it did more than just make pretty shapes in the sky and used its fantastic gatling gun on the nearby hillside. Hopefully it won't be using that during RIAT but it is still a great bit of flying kit none the less. Well worth seeing.
Ill look into that buddy cheers for the info, the Mig 29 is an awesome plane, there is a couple of special formation flybys this year like last and the vulcan is coming again, cant wait just 2 weeks away now.
Old 01-07-2011, 02:09 PM
Regular User

I have stuck some of my pics onto flickr rather than clog up the forum so anyone who wants to have a look and pass comment are welcome. Shots range from Biggin Hill to RIAT and Eastbourne to Dunsfold. Enjoy.