South East Scoobies  

Go Back   South East Scoobies > The Showroom > Show 'N' Shine

Show 'N' Shine Cleaning / Detailing Talk

Old 10-06-2011, 08:43 AM
Bronze Member

Default Snow foam lances?

Hi all,

Is there anywhere local ish to me that you can get these from? Was going to order one online but I'm a little impatient and would like it for the weekend.

Cheers
Chris
Old 10-06-2011, 08:58 AM
Silver Member

I got mine from Clean Your Car as you have to get the correct connection for your pressure washer, it was about £50 or Halfords do the cheap plastic Karcher one for about £18, which works well, I have one you can have for £10 that has been used once as I have now bought the Autobrite one

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/s...egoryId_165569

Paul
Old 10-06-2011, 09:26 AM
Bronze Member

halfords also do an adaptor to connect the kartcher foam gun to a hose pipe for about a tenner, and have been told that this combination gives a ggod a result as a gilmore foam master 2....

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/s...k&iozone=PDPz1

£28.00 instead of £49.00..... bargain
Old 10-06-2011, 09:28 AM
Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WRX_Paul View Post
I got mine from Clean Your Car as you have to get the correct connection for your pressure washer, it was about £50 or Halfords do the cheap plastic Karcher one for about £18, which works well, I have one you can have for £10 that has been used once as I have now bought the Autobrite one

Paul
sorry paul, should have read this...so combine the 2, £20...lol
Old 10-06-2011, 09:41 AM
Bronze Member

oh, paul, if chris doesnt want it, i will take it from you for £10...
Old 10-06-2011, 09:48 AM
Silver Member

No probs, let me know.
Old 10-06-2011, 09:55 AM
Bronze Member

I'm really after one of the ones with the adjustable part on it, like the hd one
Old 10-06-2011, 10:04 AM
Silver Member

This is the one I have now:-

http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/washin.../prod_371.html
Old 10-06-2011, 10:11 AM
Bronze Member

i dont gave the luxury of owning a PW, so have no choice but to use the hose fitment type..

Paul i will have the halfords one from you, just need to get to Crawley to pick it up...
Old 10-06-2011, 10:17 AM
'2 Spanners Qualified Technician' - If your job requires more then 1 spanner I'm your man !!!!!

I have the one from polished bliss which when used with Meguires hyper wash gives great results.
Old 16-06-2011, 05:06 AM
Bronze Member

Got the Karcher one and use Meguiar's Ultimate Wash n Wax [need to water it down slightly]. Works a treat for a quick washngo.
Old 16-06-2011, 01:00 PM
thepieman

The Karcher one is fine, the new Karcher one is better

Always best to experiment with the amount of snowfoam used, depending on the size of your bottle try about an inch of snow foam and top the rest up with 'warm' water, see how it goes and try a little more or a little less to get whats right for you. (different snowfoams will give different results so using the same ratios for different products doesn't always work)

Also, try adding something like Megs Hyperwash to the snow foam and top up with warm water. Super foamy and extra cleaning all in one

If your going to be reapplying wax and want to strip back you can also add in some APC to the mix and remove the protection ready for the new layer/s..

before you use whatever mix you use, make sure and give it a bit of a shake...

Also well worth running some APC through the lance to clean it and rinse it out before you put it away to keep it nice and clean ready for next use...