South East Scoobies  

Go Back   South East Scoobies > The Showroom > Projects

Projects Tell us about your cars mods, past, present and future!

Old 28-07-2019, 07:36 PM
Platinum Member

All front entry 97 onwards single scroll turbos fit single scroll cars 97-15, up pipe fitment is the same , so you can take a 99 Sti turbo off and fit or take an 2011 turbo and fit it on.
What you can’t do is take a 03 jdm only Sti turbo and fit straight on with out a full swap.
So your headers and up pipe is fine and down pipe.
Vf22,23,24,28,29,30,34,35,43,48 all fit your car and are a direct swap
Vf36,37,42 do not fit straight on.
Td05 90d 1993-96 fit yet front cover needs modding
Td05 18g and 20g fit
Sc36,sc38 fit .
There are over vf’s like a 12 etc these are legacy’s and are not what you want.
Old 28-07-2019, 07:53 PM
Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooby doo View Post
All front entry 97 onwards single scroll turbos fit single scroll cars 97-15, up pipe fitment is the same , so you can take a 99 Sti turbo off and fit or take an 2011 turbo and fit it on.
What you can’t do is take a 03 jdm only Sti turbo and fit straight on with out a full swap.
So your headers and up pipe is fine and down pipe.
Vf22,23,24,28,29,30,34,35,43,48 all fit your car and are a direct swap
Vf36,37,42 do not fit straight on.
Td05 90d 1993-96 fit yet front cover needs modding
Td05 18g and 20g fit
Sc36,sc38 fit .
There are over vf’s like a 12 etc these are legacy’s and are not what you want.
This is fantastic information, thanks mate. <3

Build Thread

Modified and Serviced by Brent @ Southern Motor Developments in Newhaven, East Sussex.
Old 29-07-2019, 09:13 PM
Bronze Member

Well, ****.

Travelling on the A27 this afternoon, Golden Jubilee Roundabout in Eastbourne.

Dutch driver never gave way and used the left lane to go round the roundabout, collided with the side of my car. Another one bites the dust

Build Thread

Modified and Serviced by Brent @ Southern Motor Developments in Newhaven, East Sussex.
Old 29-07-2019, 09:56 PM

Ahhhhh man!!!!

U ok though?

Maintained and Modified by Super Jules
&
RM Performance http://www.rmperformance.co.uk
Old 29-07-2019, 10:31 PM
Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rdlangy1 View Post
Ahhhhh man!!!!

U ok though?
Absolutely gutted and really pissed off. But otherwise I'm OK. Luckily my little boy wasn't in the car, I was showered with glass from the passenger door. It's now waiting on my insurance company to assess it, I'm hoping the B pillar is fine, I want to salvage the car. Low mileage, FSH, it's worth saving.

Thanks mate. Always wrong place wrong time.

Build Thread

Old 29-07-2019, 10:53 PM
Admin, Meets/Events Organiser

Ah bugger
Old 29-07-2019, 11:18 PM
Platinum Member

Man that is **** glad you are ok and hope you can save it .

1998 UK Turbo , 1998 Terzo , 1997 JDM Type R the money pit , 2004 black WRX STI Type UK , 2004 blue FSTI
Old 30-07-2019, 09:26 AM
Authorised Trader

having had loads of hassle with insurance companies lately (and won) i can guaranteee that YOU can do whatever you need to with your car BUT make sure its in your possession and dont allow them to simply cart it off to a compound

ASPerformance 0191-4103770
PELTOR, PFC BRAKES, PAGID MOTUL, FERODO, SPEEDLINE, TRS, MINTEX, PIAA, HELLA, TEIN, WHITELINE, SUPER-PRO, MILLERS OILS
online shop!!
Old 30-07-2019, 11:05 AM
Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by asperformance View Post
having had loads of hassle with insurance companies lately (and won) i can guaranteee that YOU can do whatever you need to with your car BUT make sure its in your possession and dont allow them to simply cart it off to a compound
Unfortunately I didn’t get much of a choice yesterday, the Police called a recovery firm who picked it up. So now unfortunately it’s waiting on the insurance company recovering it from them. The costs would be too high at this point for me to simply go and get it

Build Thread

Old 30-07-2019, 04:21 PM
Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by asperformance View Post
Managed to get my car back home today and it cost me £310 which the insurance company are more than happy to pay! It would have cost more than that for them to get it to Canterbury where they store them.

I had a look today and it's literally just two doors, skirt and passenger seat (air bag went off). There's very minor dents in the bodywork underneath the skirt, and the rear passenger door ripped at the hinge where it joins the door. Luckily it wasn't at the B pillar. Now comes the fun part of negotiation with the insurance company over costs etc but as there's no chassis damage, I will repair the car. I'll use the same guy who did the bumpers for me last Jan. They still want to write it off though, but it's a question of how much I get for the car minus the salvage costs. Then there's also the cost of parts etc. Wagons are rare, let alone in this trim.

Doesn't seem that people like my car too much as they keep hitting it! FML.

Build Thread

Old 30-07-2019, 04:42 PM
Platinum Member

On the classic the saloon doors are apparently the same as the wagon, if it's the same for the newage should make life a lot easier for you.
Old 30-07-2019, 04:44 PM
Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Baron View Post
On the classic the saloon doors are apparently the same as the wagon, if it's the same for the newage should make life a lot easier for you.
I think they are, 01G isn't an uncommon colour. eBay has what I need, the skirt might be harder to find but the doors are there and there's a good condition passenger seat I'm watching. I've messaged the guy to see if he is breaking the shell and what colour is it. 48W will be a pain as they will need spraying but 01G will be amazing.

Build Thread

Old 14-09-2021, 03:31 PM
Gold Member

Do you live in Denton now(think its same car) or is that new owner if it is???