South East Scoobies  

Go Back   South East Scoobies > The Showroom > Members Car Profiles

Members Car Profiles Show & Tell Your Pride & Joy

Old 02-04-2016, 11:20 PM
Regular User

Default My WRX

Hi everyone this is my Bugeye WRX, bit of a long story as i wasnt actually planning on buying one haha. I had saved the money up to buy a Mazda 3 MPS but the week before i went to buy it i had a supercar taster day. Obviously all the dads queued up to drive the lambo's and ferraris, i drove the GTR but had one more car to drive of my choice. Time was running a little late and i saw in the corner a blobeye STI sat there with the instructor and no one had driven it all day, so i took a punt and never looked back! Never experienced AWD before and was just amazed how awesome the car was.

So out went the Mazda and in went the search for a Subaru, originaly i wanted a blob but with my budget i could get a better bugeye for the money so found myself a slightly ropey bugeye WRX. Came with a stock on purchase:

-TD04L remaped to 272BHP (crank)
-Prodrive look-a-like wheels
-Baileys dump valve, a little OTT for my taste
-Ebay boost gauge

I've always owned Toyotas and know what sort of mods are needed so having a Subaru was like starting a new school, but here is what i've done so far:

-STI Spoiler
-JDM STI clocks
-JDM STI Scoop
-JDM STI tmic
-JDM IC Spray kit
-Drilled and slotted discs, ones ive tried and tested on all my cars
-Mintex pads, good cold and hot i've found
-Braided brake lines
-Dot 5.1 full fluid replaced
-front and rear calipers replaced with new refurb ones
-Full indepth service
-Millers CFS 10w 40
-HKS oil filter
-NGK PFR7B spark plugs
-Fuel filter
-Magnetic sump plug
-HKS Hybrid panel panel filter (had induction kits in the past, not a fan)
-Castrol Syntrans gearbox oil
-Ebay front and rear strut brace
-Re wired KPH/MPH module as last one was a cheap ebay one that kept cutting out the speedo
-JDM VF30 turbo
-Samco and Perrin boost hoses
-Uprated radiator hoses (soon to be fitted, sat in the car in a box)
-JDM grill
-Momo gearknob
-brand new headlights and bulbs
-Windows tinted

Things on the "To do list"
-Respray alloys
-Install Goodyear Eagle F1 A2 tyres (sat at home)
-General paint TLC, the body is a little worse for wear
-Possibly stiffer springs?
-STI foglight covers
-Better boost gauge
-Better BOV

And thats about it! sorry for going on for ages but atleast its all there (i think)

Ryan
Old 02-04-2016, 11:23 PM
Bronze Member

... any pics?
Old 02-04-2016, 11:31 PM
Regular User

Can't work out how to edit post, missed a few things

Car has been mapped by Duncan at Surrey Rolling Roads and is now producing 329.4BHP (crank) I've also installed a full Prodrive exhaust. And i forgot about pictures!

Old 02-04-2016, 11:32 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by iPond View Post
... any pics?
Beat me to it
Old 03-04-2016, 08:18 AM
Gold Member

Nice.

Bet it pulls well.

Much as I love Subarus, I can see why the blob was neglected in the corner whilst the more exotic cars were chosen. However, I bet it showed a couple up (depending on spec).

Did you like the GTR? When I did a similar thing they didn't bring the GTR that was planned to be there, so I didn't get to try one.

As an aside, the GTR is AWD, so you had driven one before the Subaru without realising! Slightly different animal though.
Old 03-04-2016, 07:23 PM
Platinum Member

Is it you I see round William Parker on a Friday? Think I spoke to you in Europe Car Parts once as well.
Old 03-04-2016, 08:25 PM
Regular User

GTR is my favourite car been wanting to drive one for ages, i know its awd but its different i think, if that makes sense? It's crazy fast but i found really boring to drive as it pretty much does all the thinking for you haha Where as the blob i just revved it up and dropped the clutch, as instructed, and since then i was use to just the front wheels lighting up and not moving anywhere haha.

I don't purposely go around William Parker but i live near there so probably drive past every now and then to get into town, in Euro car parts did i have a "zorst" in hand? haha i was after a new gasket!
Old 03-04-2016, 08:29 PM
Gold Member

A lot of people dislike the GTR for that very reason. I still need to have a go in one and decide that for myself though I think!

The simplicity (for want of a better word) is what I love about Subaru. It's good old fashioned, honest engineering that works brilliantly.

There are faster cars, but at least you feel quite involved with your Subaru.
Old 03-04-2016, 08:39 PM
Platinum Member

No, not you then, there's another guy in a Silver newage that picks his boy up on a Friday afternoon, it was him I spoke to in ECP. I'll keep an eye out for you.
Old 03-04-2016, 08:45 PM
Admin, Meets/Events Organiser.... formerly known as SilverSurfer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Baron View Post
No, not you then, there's another guy in a Silver newage that picks his boy up on a Friday afternoon, it was him I spoke to in ECP. I'll keep an eye out for you.
If it's got PFF7's it's Wez's Bro'
Old 04-04-2016, 08:24 AM

Hi and Welcome to SES - nice spec'd motor there

Maintained and Modified by Super Jules
&
RM Performance http://www.rmperformance.co.uk
Old 06-04-2016, 12:13 AM
Regular User

Many thanks Are there any guides on how to fit an oil catch can? Ive got a lot of excess oil now.
Old 06-04-2016, 08:24 AM
Bronze Member

Wait till you get a GTR on a track they come alive,I've pushed ferraris out the way with one. But they are a big old bus and you don't want to be a big guy as there tight inside lol.
Pound for pound a scoobie still ticks all the boxes.
And if your daft enough you could spend £10 k on a mint scoobie then spend £30k tuning and modifying it would be a one off and be faster and more agile than a £60k GTR just a thought,and for me I hate going down the road and seeing a car the same as mine coming the other way ha ha
Old 11-04-2016, 11:20 AM
Regular User

Well first thing to go wrong with the car happened last night 160 miles away from home! The radiator developed a leak whilst in the west country, i took out the skid pan and the radiator is just a rust bucket! I've put a post up in the mechanical section to find what rad is best to replace it with as i have the old non rad cap style one.
Old 11-04-2016, 11:30 AM
Platinum Member

Standard one from any motor factors will be fine.
Old 14-04-2016, 10:00 PM
Regular User

Bought myself a new rad, ended up just getting one without a cap just incase the pipes didnt line up and end up without a car over the weekend!

I've been a bit of a boy and purchased a full set of red rad hoses, not sure if it'll look a bit much but atleast they'll be better than the perished OEM ones. Will report back with pictures Saturday afternoon and you can all make fun of me