South East Scoobies  

Go Back   South East Scoobies > Events & Meets > SouthEastScoobies Meets & Events

SouthEastScoobies Meets & Events SES club meets and events Only

Old 10-02-2012, 03:46 AM
Regular User

Default The Supercar Event June 23rd and 24th 2012

TCTT_TSE_Flyer_1.5_Page_1 by THE Supercar Event, on Flickr

TCTT_TSE_Flyer_1.5_Page_2 by THE Supercar Event, on Flickr

http://www.thesupercarevent.com/

LC1O4503g_800 by THE Supercar Event, on Flickr

The one you’ve all been waiting for (well at least we hope you have!)

The event formerly known as ‘Dads Day Out’ has now evolved into a 2 day supercar extravaganza with something for everyone. With a new year comes and new name and a whole host of extra fun events for you to enjoy.

The website tells you all you need to know but we like making things easy, so a brief précis as follows...

Supercar rides, Helicopter rides, Caterham drift rides, The Sporting Bears, live bands (with some special guest in the pipeline) Hovercraft, Autosolo, a vast array of stands and stalls split into ‘zones’ (Motorsport, Supercar, Classic, Modified as well an interactive, children’s entertainment and manufacturers zone). It’s a 2 day petrolhead playground!

As before we’re inviting selected car clubs to join in with the event. We’re aware that in previous years, being in the car club area just meant discounted entry and parking a bit closer to the event arena. However we’ve listened and changed things around. You still get discounted entry, in fact the deal this year is even better than last year and you still get to be closer to the event than the general public.

In addition to that, we’ve agreed with the Sporting Bears that car club members can join their exclusive group and give rides in their own car along the pre selected Sporting Bears Route (not on the supercar ride circuit) We’ve have also brought back the Autosolo test circuit for you to test yourselves against the clock. Finally the car clubs will be separated into their appropriate zones so you can be right next to the aspects of the show that are likely to be of interest.

Car Club tickets cost £10 per car.
This Includes up to 4 people and your ticket is valid on both the Saturday and Sunday.

Yes, you read that right, £10 gets you, 3 friends, the car into the event on both days.

The only catch is that we need you to be there by 8.30am and for the sake of people coming to the show we’d prefer you to stay all day. We’re aware that one or two may leave due to unforeseen circumstances so we’re not citing health and safety as a shackle to keep you there, we’re not that sort of people. So we’ll be straight, the car club display is an important aspect of the event for those visiting. It may look great in the morning but if 50% are gone by 2pm then the area looks pretty ragged for visitors.

So, here’s the deal, we’re limiting each club to 20 cars. IF you’re happy to commit to staying the whole day then we’d love to have you. If you’re not sure then please start a reserve list.

Finally, this link is only valid for car club display cars, we’re giving you guys a good deal because you help to enhance the event for the public. You’re being charged because it’s a charity fundraising event and we need to cover costs, those who have been before will be aware that £10 is serious value for money. We’d also ask you under the ‘honour‘ system not to pass the link on to people to save them money on entry if they’re not part of the display.

Once again, we’re honest enough to say it’s simply down to the fact that we’re putting on a show and that costs us, we need to raise funds for the charity and normal entry costs are not in the least bit extortionate. So please, keep this to yourself and encourage your friends to come and visit the event too, it’s going to be better than ever!!

Display ticket link : www.thechildrenstrust.org.uk/carclubdisplay
Please ask any questions on this thread, we're here to help.

Gratuitous photo!

LC1O3887i_800 by THE Supercar Event, on Flickr

Old 10-02-2012, 08:48 AM
'2 Spanners Qualified Technician' - If your job requires more then 1 spanner I'm your man !!!!!

Always a great day out. I will be there.
Old 10-02-2012, 09:00 AM
Gold Member

we had a great day last year also will deffo be there again this year
Old 10-02-2012, 09:53 PM
Admin, Meets/Events Organiser.... formerly known as SilverSurfer

Good new Harsh. We were thinking of giving the day a miss as a club this year as it always clashed with JapFest @ Castle Coombe. So we were planning on going to that this year, in mid May.
But as you have moved to June there is a good possibility we will be there........Weather should be better too.......
Old 13-02-2012, 06:01 PM
Regular User

Is there a best day to go sat or sunday
Old 13-02-2012, 06:48 PM
Admin, Meets/Events Organiser

Hi Bachi,

Its good to hear that the date has moved to June - as Scott (Silversurfer) has mentioned, we were looking at having to miss this years event as it always clashes with Japfest at Castle Coombe which we are looking to attend this year. But with the date change, it looks like we can do both

Few quick questions:

- Are you asking car clubs to attend both days? Two day events are often tricky as i'm sure you know, with one being busier than the other as a lot of supporting clubs will only turn up on one day. Or are you planning to have enough car clubs so that some do the Saturday, some do the Sunday? I'm sure as a club we'd find 20 members to come, but i'm not sure if we'd find 20 members to do both days.

- If you want us to attend both days (and as its June and should be good weather) are Dunsfold allowing onsite camping? Might add some good fun to get the BBQ and a couple of beers on the go and encourage people to stay for both days too.....

- What is the Sporting Bears route? If its a different laid-out section of track with large run-off areas, it might be a good easy way for people to push their cars a bit without worrying about making a mistake - sure people would donate in return for a go.

Cheers
Old 13-02-2012, 07:17 PM
Regular User

This one sounds great, is it child ( and wife) friendly?
Old 13-02-2012, 07:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timwinner View Post
Definately
Old 13-02-2012, 07:50 PM
Regular User

Sounds perfect, I will clear this with the boss of the house and count me I .
Old 14-02-2012, 06:56 PM
Regular User

I would like to put my family and myself forward for the Sunday, along with the new own of my old classic, as we all work most Saturdays.
Old 14-02-2012, 08:23 PM
Regular User

Great response so far guys....
it would help us if you could buy your display tickets early as it helps with the pre organising of the event in terms of where we put everyone.

www.thechildrenstrust.org.uk/carclubdisplay
Old 14-02-2012, 08:52 PM
Admin, Meets/Events Organiser.... formerly known as SilverSurfer

Sunday is probably best for me
Old 05-03-2012, 11:00 PM
Regular User

It's getting closer, have you bought your tickets yet?

LC1O5780g_800 by THE Supercar Event, on Flickr
Old 12-03-2012, 06:50 PM
Bronze Member

hi i went last year very good day out, i found a little track as well that i went on quiet small but fun to drive around when you go the right way round it,belonged to some raceing club,dont think any one saw it apart from me.
you can put me down for this year as well please cheers
Old 12-03-2012, 06:51 PM
Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timwinner View Post
im bringing baby and partner its a good day out for every one..
Old 24-03-2012, 12:25 AM
Regular User

TCTT_TSE_Flyer_1.5_Page_1 by THE Supercar Event, on Flickr

TCTT_TSE_Flyer_1.5_Page_2 by THE Supercar Event, on Flickr
Old 28-03-2012, 06:32 PM
Silver Member

Count me in,

Ill be up for camping if theres going to be a bbq and beer
Old 28-03-2012, 06:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Type-r-russ View Post
Count me in,

Ill be up for camping if theres going to be a bbq and beer
Don't know that they are going to even allow camping yet - Harsh hasn't answered the questions in my earlier post yet.....
Old 28-03-2012, 09:25 PM
Silver Member

Ill still go if not looks like a fun day
Old 01-04-2012, 06:46 PM
Regular User

I have purchased tickets for two cars. Have we a list of persons wanting to go and for which day? I can only make Sunday.
Old 12-05-2012, 08:24 AM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_PPP View Post
Don't know that they are going to even allow camping yet - Harsh hasn't answered the questions in my earlier post yet.....
Did you get any response Steve?
Old 12-05-2012, 10:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby_Greg View Post
Did you get any response Steve?
No, nothing yet. I've just had a look through the Petrolhead Nirvana forum (they organise this event) and there's a thread asking about camping so i've bumped the question. Hopefully will get an answer soon.

http://www.petrolheadnirvana.com/tor...ed=1#post35480

Once we know what our options are, we can get a proper list of attendees going.
Old 21-05-2012, 08:48 PM
Regular User

Ive just got my ticket.was an excellent day last year,lets hope the weather is good.
Old 22-05-2012, 05:16 PM
Gold Member

Tickets bought looking forward to it
Old 05-06-2012, 02:56 PM

This event is less than 3 weeks away now but we've still not had updates from the organisers regarding the questions i posted above (post #6 in this thread).

Can people post up if they would like to attend this event? I suggest we attend the Sunday only as we've had no answer regarding camping so I can only assume its a no-go on that front.

We would need at least 10 cars to make it worth SES having an allocated stand space for us - entry is only £10 per car (up to 4 adults included).

Tickets purchased:
1. The-Fly
2. The-Fly's friend (classic scoob)
3. Scrappydoo
4. bigemp

Those who will attend, but not purchased tickets yet:
Old 08-06-2012, 12:11 PM
Regular User

Just over two weeks to go now.....very excited and not a little daunted.

Firstly The Children's Trust and us at Petrolhead Nirvana would like to extend our thanks to everyone who has supported this event and who has done their bit in marketing and promoting this in various ways.

Anything more that you can do to help between now and the event would also be very welcome, even if it is simply sharing the event website url
http://www.thesupercarevent.com/

A couple of video clips to give you a taster of the event in case you've never been and are wondering what all the fuss about.

and some more gratuitous photos too

LC1O4503g_800 by THE Supercar Event, on Flickr

LC1O3887i_800 by THE Supercar Event, on Flickr

finally if you've not bought your ticket yet why not?
car clubs get the amazing deal of £10 entry for the car and all passengers, the ticket is valid for both days, so what exactly are you waiting for?

it would help us out a lot if we had a decent idea of numbers on each day and any banner/space requirements too..

so a quick list for attendees each day ...

Saturday

Sunday

Also (and apologies for not seeing that before) sadly Dunsfold have said no overnight camping this year, but if the event is as we hope it will be then next year could well be an option.
Old 11-06-2012, 10:35 PM

Right chaps..... as there's been no further interest for this event in the last week, I think its best if we call time on it from and SES point of view. Hope those going already have a great day out.

To the few who have bought tickets - I suggest the best thing is to get there as if you were attending a club stand and park up on the runway with the Pistonheads lot?