South East Scoobies  

Go Back   South East Scoobies > The Studio > Videos

Videos Post your videos here. No Adult / NSFW

Old 06-11-2014, 09:36 PM
Admin, Meets/Events Organiser

Default Wales Rally GB

Wish I was going this year!

Oh well, here's a little teaser I found on the web and thought i'd share...

http://www.laola1.tv/partner/v4playe...254788&lang=en

Next year for sure!
Old 06-11-2014, 09:54 PM
Gold Member

I'm hoping to go next year.

HHaving to wait for the Stiglet to be old enough... I reckon almost four will do it!
Old 06-11-2014, 10:15 PM
Admin, Meets/Events Organiser.... formerly known as SilverSurfer

Does that still run ?
Totally lost track of the wrc calendar since they switched to using little shopping cars with unavailable engine/body styles for the general public.
Old 06-11-2014, 10:50 PM

lol

Its not the same as it used to be but its still a great spectacle to watch. The Polo WRC has turned out to be an awesome car over the last 2 years.

Little shopping car it may be, but its still massively faster down the stages than the scoobs and evos of the past....

(especially 2 minutes onwards)
Old 12-11-2014, 05:16 PM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_PPP View Post
Little shopping car it may be, but its still massively faster down the stages than the scoobs and evos of the past....
Yeah. For all the stick the new cars get, they are silly fast!

I'm at Croft this weekend but I'll be following RallyGB closely, hope that Meeke and Evans can get a decent result.
Old 12-11-2014, 11:00 PM
Formerly STIWR1

The suspension on the newer cars is very good. I drove the prodrive mini after driving a RWD cossie and a FWD Astra rally car. Was like floating on a cloud in comparison to bashing your way up a track in the other two.
Old 13-11-2014, 08:40 AM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by STIWR1 View Post
The suspension on the newer cars is very good. I drove the prodrive mini after driving a RWD cossie and a FWD Astra rally car. Was like floating on a cloud in comparison to bashing your way up a track in the other two.
You've driven a World Rally Car?!
Old 13-11-2014, 09:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbtstt View Post
You've driven a World Rally Car?!
Nice

Steve - I was contemplating texting you to see if you fancied a last minute run up to some forest stages on Saturday, missed far too many rallies over the last couple of years. Probably a good thing you're at Croft, I should really save the money and spend the time working on the house!
Old 13-11-2014, 09:31 AM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_PPP View Post
Steve - I was contemplating texting you to see if you fancied a last minute run up to some forest stages on Saturday, missed far too many rallies over the last couple of years. Probably a good thing you're at Croft, I should really save the money and spend the time working on the house!
If you'd have asked me earlier in the week I'd have caved in and cancelled Croft in favour of Wales! The Tempest last weekend served as a major kick up the arse for me to get to more rallies.

I have already paid for the hotel for Saturday night though, so I'm committed now!
Old 13-11-2014, 10:49 AM

Doh! Next year mate

Shame the most southern stages run on Friday when I'm working, its all moved much further north in the last couple of years and I don't know many of those stages now.

Most southern stages are in the mid-wales (Hafren) area now, they used to be the most northern! Means a longer drive to get there as well
Old 13-11-2014, 12:41 PM
Gold Member

Quite a good Autocar video with Kris Meeke:

http://youtu.be/EcAPDKwSUFY