Videos Post your videos here. No Adult / NSFW

Old 26-07-2015, 07:51 PM
Admin, Meets/Events Organiser.... formerly known as SilverSurfer

Default Why I'm considering an S4

As a family hack....

or maybe long term grown up super saloon, Nice downshift Auto Blips

Old 26-07-2015, 08:21 PM
Gold Member

That Chris Harris film made me reconsider my stated aim of buying a RS4 Avant.

However, I can't quite help wanting the V8 over the V6, even with the Revo magic.

Both cars bother me a little bit as family cars, since a big bill on one of those has the potential to make you wince.
Old 29-07-2015, 10:06 PM

This is tempting me to make the leap into an S4.
Although I have photo-shopped the wheels and grill to make it a little more SilverSurfer....

Old 29-07-2015, 11:18 PM
Silver Member

That's very nice
Old 29-07-2015, 11:30 PM
Gold Member

This is the one I was eyeing up...

Old 30-07-2015, 05:16 PM
It Tick's All His Boxes.....or Scratches Another Itch.

Always been a fan of Audi's since my B5 S4 which is still one if not the quickest/torqy car I have ever owned, and nearly all the tuned ones had done over 150K, and reliable as hell.

The S4 Supercharged sounds like a nice bit of kit, and would be confident even remapped it would still do massive miles without issue.

Very stealthy though, if not too stealthy..
Old 30-07-2015, 08:53 PM
Gold Member

On the potential next car list. Stage two they run 11 second quarters on pull 60 in about 3.7 seconds! Sound lovely, reasonable fuel economy and can be driven and used as normally as any other 4 door saloon.
Old 30-07-2015, 11:49 PM
Silver Member

Got to be honest as rob said the s4 b5 is one of the quickest cars I've ever owned but now I've got the 4.2 v8 s4 it's defo a car I would recommend to anyone, I do like the b8 s4 and yes it's supercharged but there's something about the v8 that makes you smile everytime you drive it, ok so fuel economy isn't the best which is why I'm considering buying some shares in the shell garage lol but it is so nice to drive.
Old 31-07-2015, 08:15 AM
Gold Member

How long have you had yours now?

What are the real costs looking like?

You've summed up how I feel! There's just something about having a V8 that appeals to me.

I'm going to have a test of a RS3 as they look to be impressive cars. Not sure I can live without an estate car though... it doesn't have a V8 either!
Old 31-07-2015, 08:35 AM

amazing pieces of engineering those S4's... Gotta say I was eyeing an S5 until the boss got one at work - he's 65 and drives it like a granddad! I can't have same as that! Would love love love an Audi A7 but even the standard ones are mega bucks - the S7 is just

Maintained and Modified by Super Jules
&
RM Performance http://www.rmperformance.co.uk
Old 31-07-2015, 11:14 AM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banstead Stig View Post
How long have you had yours now?

What are the real costs looking like?

You've summed up how I feel! There's just something about having a V8 that appeals to me.

I'm going to have a test of a RS3 as they look to be impressive cars. Not sure I can live without an estate car though... it doesn't have a V8 either!
I've had mine for about a month and a half, as said they're not the cheapest car lol, according to the car computer I'm averaging 17mpg but can get as much as 23-25 on a long motorway run, average about 250-300 miles on a full tank, the most costly thing is the servicing, I've serviced mine once since I've had it and the thing is, with it being a v8 it holds 9.6 litres of oil, 8 spark plugs. So it's around £200 if you service it yourself with decent oil and iridium spark plugs with a genuine oil filter from Audi, but all this is really irrelevant as you don't buy a car like this to watch the fuel and worry about the next service lol, my advice would be if your gonna go for the v8 please make sure the timing chains have been done aswell as well as all the guides ect as the guides start to wear after around 100k miles and if these need replacing Audi quote £4.500, the chain kit alone is about £1.300 than something like 39hours labour, lucky enough mine was done lol
Old 31-07-2015, 01:33 PM
Gold Member

Cheers.

I'm not in the least bit worried about fuel. Was more curious on servicing, etc. so good to know your thoughts.
Old 31-07-2015, 09:53 PM

Pick up the V6 Charger on Wednesday, then off to give it a run round the EVO Triangle on Friday

1st charged car I have driven and Wow!!!! it makes the quickest spooling turbo feel laggy. Farts on the up shift (7 seed flappy paddle) and Auto Blips on the downshift

This one comes with the full works Audi Drive Select so I can set the cars configuration into Dynamic, Comfort, Auto and Individual, which then allows you to tweak the Optional Sport Differential, Optional Active dampers, Engine response and steering.

My sums put it at having 7K worth of options fitted. Aswell as the above it has the B&O Stereo (which is great in my A4), SatNav, Alcantara, Electric Heated Seats.

I wasn't sure about it 2 weeks ago (when I first put a deposit on it) as it was an older model then my A4.
It's 2 years older then my current 2012 A4, but only done 27,000 miles

But very pleased after today's 2nd viewing where we checked over everything for fit, finish, marks and function.
It should tick the cruise in comfort moments followed by click the paddle down 2 and enjoy the rush moments..........

Oh, and managed to deal on a free 2 years service agreement
Old 31-07-2015, 10:10 PM
Gold Member

I see Chris Harris is selling his, brilliant advert lol

http://www.pistonheads.com/classifie...earbox/4523992
Old 31-07-2015, 10:46 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Granby View Post
I see Chris Harris is selling his, brilliant advert lol

http://www.pistonheads.com/classifie...earbox/4523992
That advert made me smile, but he says its naturally aspirated?? Sure there supercharged lol
Old 31-07-2015, 11:05 PM

Nice one. Will have to take us for a spin, one its been fettled with. Tick's pretty much every box I should think.

As nice a your A4 was, it was just another A4 on the road, the S4 is a bit special and will retain better residuals because of it, and Age means nothing on Audi.
Old 31-07-2015, 11:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobEvo5 View Post
Nice one. Will have to take us for a spin, one its been fettled with. Tick's pretty much every box I should think.

As nice a your A4 was, it was just another A4 on the road, the S4 is a bit special and will retain better residuals because of it, and Age means nothing on Audi.
The A4 I have is a great looking car with the looks of an S4, but I've never been one for all show and no go.
The plan was to get the 120PS tuned to 220PS, which would of placed it above all the stock A4's but below and S4. But I have been through 3 different big named tuners since April/May and failed on each hurdle for various reasons.
Time to stop chasing the ponies and buy one 'out of the box'.
Old 01-08-2015, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott.T View Post
Time to stop chasing the ponies and buy one 'out of the box'.
Perhaps its an age or Wisdom thing. But that's been my mantra for a while now. Enjoy it mate, it will fell plenty quick and sorted as it, but with nothing more than a map tweak and another 100 ponnies + on engeering that's good for it.... Would be rude not to..
Old 16-08-2015, 11:49 PM

The Evo Triangle was fun , as was the B4391 (Google it)
Old 17-08-2015, 12:19 AM
Silver Member

Do tell ....
Old 17-08-2015, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bytes View Post
Do tell ....
Pictures tell it better :

B4391 : https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=B4...FUm6GgodpFcAXw

Evo Triangle : https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=ev...FUg5GgodnDgEyw